07.11.2012 - Cape Town, South Africa - LPU Summit #7

hahninator

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same songs same setlist same show notes. f*ck that..

its boring to see same things

what? they played South Africa for the first time ever so they could play anything. I don't see a reason to change the set for SA + it's one of the best sets ever.

Could it be that noone told the band themselves about accident before the show?

I think you are very right about that Mr. Serg. :)

I don't think anyone tell the guys something like that just before they go on - no way it would be clever to do that!

DAFUQ? Its easily the worst set on the HCT.

Word. Exactly. Set B and Set C are quite a lot better than Set A haha.

...and still better than anything from the last years

I'll assume you mean 2010 - now, because the 2009 setlist was really good. Europe in the summer of 2008 had incredible setlists...and they were practically ruined for Projekt Rev by taking the good stuff out that of course the hardcore fans wanted to hear lol (APFMH, Valentine's Day (since it's not an overplayed single in every set is my point), Reading My Eyes, etc). One of the best I've seen from LP for sure. The main ATS tour setlist (http://lplive.net/shows/20101020.php) I felt wasn't that great... not sure why but I saw it 3 times and it really lacked energy. Maybe it was the band, maybe it was how the set flowed, but it wasn't a great set in my opinion. I didn't love any ATS tour setlist...but this one was alright since it had ND/F/OSC closing, with BITS and Blackout in there...I mean it was good but not great: http://lplive.net/shows/20101213.php

Set C is fantastic...Bristow was just an awesome show with the band rocking and the crowd going off. Set B in Camden was one of the best LP shows I've seen (Atlanta 07, Stuttgart 09, Camden 12 are my top 3). Set A was really good with Runaway and Blackout but I felt like with those being dropped it took a lot out of it. Numb moving from the encore was good but Set A really suffers from the classic complaint a lot of fans have with LP's setlists - same singles in the same order over and over (look at the middle to the end of the main set). Encore is alright but definitely the weakest of the 3. Set B encore makes your face want to melt. TINFOIL, Faint, LFY/Papercut and OSC is probably the best encore they've ever had. Just filthy shit.

Maybe add From The Inside and Runaway to Set A and drop Catalyst and Numb or something. Set A is definitely better than than the ATS tour sets but the weakest one for 2012, if that makes sense. Regardless, I'm glad the band is changing the sets up a lot and actually caring what the fans what to hear this time haha. I told Mike at the Alpharetta M&G that I and LPLive and the online fans were really impressed with how they were incorporating a lot of older stuff the hardcore fans wanted to hear into the sets and he said yes they really legit tried to do that this time and read what fans wanted to see live, asked the crew what they wanted to hear, and the band discussed it and made the sets. Pretty cool.

I went to both shows in SA as well as the summit and it was epic! Just a shame the Cape Town show will always be remembered as the show where the fan died.... RIP....

What show was better?

Can you take a look at our Summit soundcheck setlist and see if it is right?

http://lplive.net/shows/20121107.php I'm not sure if we got all the songs listed or not.

• 3 weeks later...