LPU Chat with Mike on Sep 25th

SergSlim

yeah,you're right ,the main point "we're sitting on LPL" lol ,I only listen to LP & Pink floyd may be so,never heard "Green day","RHCP","COLDPLAY","KINGS OF LEON","MUSE","BON JOVI",SO it's easy for me to say that LP is the best band in the world lol,let's hope they get listed in a big festival

+ Foo Fighters.

Excellent, excellent question, sir.

It seems kind of pointless to continue doing them with the rate they are going. I know it's not Pooch or Dylan's fault, or LP's fault, but still. Basecamp blows and it needs to go away. It makes it really frustrating for collectors of the DSP's like all of us. Also, in a weird way, I kind of miss the days when we didn't get DSP's and we all searched for audience recordings and stuff and it was kind of fun. I know LP will always continue to do DSP's, they just need to get rid of Basecamp.

It seems kind of pointless to continue doing them with the rate they are going. I know it's not Pooch or Dylan's fault, or LP's fault, but still. Basecamp blows and it needs to go away. It makes it really frustrating for collectors of the DSP's like all of us. Also, in a weird way, I kind of miss the days when we didn't get DSP's and we all searched for audience recordings and stuff and it was kind of fun. I know LP will always continue to do DSP's, they just need to get rid of Basecamp.

You never know. Some complaining about it to Mike may go a lil' ways to at least getting those posted. Someone should ask why are they using Basecamp. The tech sucks and java to DL tracks? Really?

Green Day however sucks

It just a matter of opinion but I think Green Day was awesome (listen to Uno)

also American Idiot was the band's 2nd most succesfull album (it sold less than Dookie) so I don't think their new music sucks;

it changed a little bit, but it's not worse (just like LP)

Edited by stich

The chat itself was so laggy, but I remember he answered one of my questions.. even though it kept cutting off...

I asked him "Does any Member own a Xero Tape?" and he said something to the likes of "Yes some" /cuts off "I have stickers of stuff back then" /cuts off

I know I wasn't dreaming or anything lol

Edited by ---Woco21---

Best one out there. For those who have a slow internet...

Mike just chatted with LPU members the biggest news he revealed is that if they can get the events sorted, South Africa will get a LPU summit! He made it sound like they’re waiting for confirmations so they can announce it, people will also be happy to hear that Mike said he’d probably do something with Fort Minor again in the future, Mike used the whiteboard feature of Tinychat to do some drawings (unfortunately other fans doodled over them), you can read a summary of the chat below and screencaps of Mike and his drawings are in the gallery. Please don’t repost this summary! (:ph34r:)

• He said he hoped that everyone saw the iHeartRadio performance, he said anyone who didn’t check it out on Youtube. He said cutting down to 12 songs in 30 minutes was crazy
  • Mike said he doesn’t love cats, he’s allergic to them, he had a reaction to a cat and he couldn’t breathe
  • He said releasing more acapellas/instrumental albums of the past abums are a possibility
  • He said they’re talking about releasing LIVING THINGS on vinyl, he said put it on your Christmas list
  • Change of set list after South Africa tour
  • He says he wants to hear more remixes of Victimized, In My Remains and I’ll Be Gone
  • He can’t dance gangnam style.
  • He said on campus he had a friend who’d play My Sharona really loud whenever Mike was around on big speakers
  • About the LIVING THINGS album artwork: Mike didn’t know about there was 11 dots on TINFOIL and 13 on POWERLESS, he didn’t realize after he approved the art. He can’t imagine it was a mistake but haven’t asked them (design team) about it.
  • Favourite anime: Ghost in the Shell Akira, Princess Mononoke
  • He was asking about scoring a Raid sequel, he said he’s looking for something different to score, but for now he’s working on Linkin Park stuff
  • He talked about the Medal of Honor collaboration, he said it started with them agreeing to use Castle of Glass, then Mike scored 2 levels (available to purchase now) Ramin contributed to the pieces Mike did, then EA pitched an idea for a video, which they are working on now, he said he’s seen bits and it looks cool, there’s a story to the video and that’s interesting.
  • He was asked about Reading My Eyes live he said to check out live recordings from when they’ve played it before. He said it’s unlikely they’ll play it anytime soon, because they got a set full of stuff that people want to see and there’s a smaller audience for Reading My Eyes versus the stuff they’re currently playing, if they cut those songs and add this song then people would be bummed.
  • Mike said he did open some of their songs with the theme from Game of Thrones. He hasn’t read the Game of Thrones books, he hasn’t got time, but he would.
  • Someone asked: “Should a man respect a woman?” and Mike laughed then answered: Why shouldn’t they?
  • “Does Fort Minor still exist?” He answered “sure” and then said he’d probably do some more Fort Minor stuff someday.
  • He said theres a rumor that South Africa might get an LPU summit, they’ll be one if they can organise the events.
  • He hasn’t seen Revolution but he thought the trailer was cool, it was an interesting song (ROADS UNTRAVELED) to put on the trailer, because it’s a show about a world that loses power.
  • He was asked if he forgets the words onstage, he says he does and sometimes he flips the verses, sometimes he sings the first verse twice or something.
  • He said “hi people of India, hello.”
  • Shoutouts on Twitter, blog, and here: Mike isn’t trying to be a jerk to you, but he doesn’t want to waste the precious time together, so he shouted out to everyone who wants a shout out.
  • He talked about the debate of sweet and salty popcorn from the LPU Summit in Camden NJ, then I couldn’t hear what he was saying, he said something about carmel, chocolate popcorn being a very American thing. It’s not even popcorn anymore it’s like candy bars.
  • He said sorry to Florida about not being able to perform there for the Honda Civic Tour, they just couldn’t organize one
  • He talked about writing, he’s in the studio right now (home studio) he said it’s not as if there’s the next album around the corner, it’s not really work he said they’re like ‘doodling’.
  • The hardest thing about making Living Things was getting their heads together with what they want to do, Chester wanted songs with more energy, he said this allows them to work and make songs different from things they’ve done before like Lost In The Echo, Burn it Down, stuff like that.
  • He asked fans what their favorite song from LIVING THINGS was, lots of spam occurred then.
  • He talked about being the US election correspondent for The Big Issue magazine, he said it was an interesting magazine, part of their concept is to help homeless people in the UK a way to earn money, they buy the magazine for a certain amount and sell the magazine for a higher amount, which helps them earn a living. He says there’s two more articles to come (I believe).
  • He said that the guys in MuteMath are really nice guys.
  • He said that he dropped his phone and cracked the screen
  • Then the chat froze, we were basically just waiting for it to unfreeze, later Mike tweeted:
  • He tried to rejoin the chat (video) didn’t work and froze again so he just went with text chat “I’ll still around for a couple of minutes” then “APPARENTLY I CAN BE CLONED. YAAAAAAYYYY.” “NOW MY CLONES AND I CAN SPLIT DUTIES ON SHOWS, STUDIO, AND ART. 3 TIMES MORE STUFF 4 FANS”
  • After that he joined whiteboard and drew a few things for us.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks to MSC!

Underlined/Bolded some stuff I found cool!

Edited by Soul

I really wish he hadn't answered the stupid Fort Minor question. People need to drop that shit, it's been over six years. Wait until LP breaks up, stop begging for it now.

That chat really annoyed me, the lag was insane. I actually gave up completely after Mike's side went down. Cool info though, I guess.