27.08.2012 - Dallas, TX, Gexa Energy Pavilion

The next show of the Honda Civic Tour, the eleventh show of the tour, is in Dallas, Texas at the Gexa Energy Pavilion. The first Linkin Park appearance at this venue came in 2001 on Ozzfest (show page here). The band returned in 2004 again on Projekt Revolution (show page here) and in 2007 as well (show page here), where Mike rapped the Fort Minor song 'Respect 4 Grandma' over the intro of 'Points Of Authority', a really rare treat for the crowd. The second to last show of Projekt Revolution 2008 occurred at this venue as well (show page here). This makes it the fifth appearance by the band at this venue.

However, LP has played in Dallas many times over the last twelve years, the first time coming in August 2000 at the Canyon Club on the Union Underground Tour. They returned in October of that year to play Deep Ellum Live on the Kottonmouth Kings' Riding High Tour and again in November on P.O.D.'s The King Of Game Tour at the Bronco Bowl. Wow, three appearances in the same city in four months! A year later in November 2001, they played the Reunion Arena on the Family Values Tour. The band then returned to the Bronco Bowl for an intimate show on the LP Underground Tour in 2003 (show page here) and as we all know filmed day two (the first day was in Houston a day prior) of their Live In Texas CD/DVD combo in neighboring Irving, Texas later that year (show page here). In 2004, they played the American Airlines Arena (show page here) and finally, in 2011 they returned to the same venue for the A Thousand Suns North American Tour in March (show page here), having postponed a date from a month prior due to Chester being sick.

Phew!! That's a lot of history and a lot of shows for just one city. This should be the twelfth show in twelve years for Linkin Park in Dallas (not counting Irving in 2003 or Fort Worth in 2002), something a lot of cities can't brag about!

This show should be on track to get US Set A, which opens with 'TINFOIL' and 'Faint'. At the previous show in Noblesville, Indiana (show page here), 'A Place For My Head' appeared mid-set again for the second time this year reportedly due to keyboard problems on 'New Divide'. Remind anyone of the Bucharest show in June? If I counted right, there have been changes in the setlist at every show other than TWO on this tour - Uncasville and Cincinnati. The band is keeping the shows interesting for us by changing something here and there and randomly doing something cool, so this tour has definitely been a highlight for us at LPLive so far. 'One Step Closer' even had a crazy fuckup at the Noblesville show at the end...check this out:

Different but still pretty cool since the band played it off so well. Aaaaaand the bad news about that is that there is no DSP for that show. Who's going to Dallas? M&G for anyone? Any fans keeping us updated on the set for the show? It doesn't look like Hurricane Isaac will have any effect on the show tonight thankfully.

After this show, the tour heads to Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Woodlands, Texas on the 27th. A show in Englewood, CO falls on the 29th followed by two festivals in Calgary and Edmonton and an arena show in Vancouver after that. For all 2012 tour dates, setlists to previous shows and more, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. IN MY REMAINS

08. New Divide

09. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

10. Points Of Authority

11. LIES GREED MISERY

12. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb (Joe intro messup; Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease)

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

- Chester's mohawk is BACK!

- Mike's guitar malfunctioned at some point between the end of the intro to the first chorus of 'What I've Done'. Brad was the only one playing guitar for the entire song not counting the intro. Mike attempted to make up for it by playing his usual chords on the keyboard.

- 'Lying From You' was dropped from the set and replaced by 'IN MY REMAINS'.

Thanks to Numbrocker and minusxero for the setlist and show info!

why they are playing just 2 songs from living things? leave burn it down & LGM,Why not C.O.GLASS?I'll be gone?

...So Victimized, Lost in the Echo, and In My Remains aren't from Living Things now? News to me.

I think what they are playing off of LT is fairly normal. This is the first ''real'' tour for the album so far, and they are playing Lost In The Echo, In My Remains, Burn It Down, Lies Greed Misery, Victimized, A verse of Until It Breaks and Tinfoil. That's almost half the record. I'm sure they will incorporate more songs into the set in later tours. Chester said he thinks Powerless will be in the set for Soundwave next year, so that would be really cool. And I am sure they will start playing Castle Of Glass soon because of it's big involvement with Call Of Duty, possibly the South America dates. Honestly, I do not think Skin To Bone or Until It Breaks in full will ever be played live.

I think what they are playing off of LT is fairly normal. This is the first ''real'' tour for the album so far, and they are playing Lost In The Echo, In My Remains, Burn It Down, Lies Greed Misery, Victimized, A verse of Until It Breaks and Tinfoil. That's almost half the record. I'm sure they will incorporate more songs into the set in later tours. Chester said he thinks Powerless will be in the set for Soundwave next year, so that would be really cool. And I am sure they will start playing Castle Of Glass soon because of it's big involvement with Call Of Duty, possibly the South America dates. Honestly, I do not think Skin To Bone or Until It Breaks in full will ever be played live.

+1, also i hope they debut COG or IBG here on South America.

+1, also i hope they debut COG or IBG here on South America.

I have no idea why they haven't debuted COG yet. I honestly think they will debut it in South America, considering the dates are in the fall and that is when COD comes out. I also think it would make for a cool live song, and maybe it could replace a boring Meteora song or they could just add it in, it's not too long of a song.

I bet they'll do POWERLESS and CASTLE OF GLASS live starting with maybe Australia. I think South America and South Africa will be the setlists that are like the Honda Civic Tour. Combined, that's only 7 shows before a huge break so why work in new setlists?

I bet they'll do POWERLESS and CASTLE OF GLASS live starting with maybe Australia. I think South America and South Africa will be the setlists that are like the Honda Civic Tour. Combined, that's only 7 shows before a huge break so why work in new setlists?

Castle Of Glass will be released in October, i think will be played on Southamerica.

Maybe will be the only big change in the Setlist.

30STM is over. Got nothing better to do. Lets see if I FINALLY get it right...

• TINFOIL
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Papercut
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)
  • Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
  • New Divide
  • VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
  • Lying From You
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Points Of Authority
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Ext. Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
  • The Catalyst
  • LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
  • Numb
  • What I've Done
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

• BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

- 'Bleed It Out' featured the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge.

Other Notes:

-

30STM is over. Got nothing better to do. Lets see if I FINALLY get it right...

• TINFOIL
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Papercut
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)
  • Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
  • New Divide
  • VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
  • Lying From You
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Points Of Authority
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Ext. Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
  • The Catalyst
  • LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
  • Numb
  • What I've Done
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

• BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

Other Notes:

-

Confirmed Setlist or another Enthusiast try by Soul ? xD

OH COME ON.

When I say a bit, I mean A BIT. Not a lot.

I just posted it to the thread on LPA, but here it is for you guys.

TINFOIL

Faint (Ext. Outro)

Papercut

Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)

Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

IN MY REMAINS

New Divide

VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

Points Of Authority

LIES GREED MISERY

Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Ext. Outro)

Breaking The Habit

LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

The Catalyst

LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

Numb

What I've Done

One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

BURN IT DOWN

In The End

Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike's guitar malfunctioned at some point between the end of the intro to the first chorus of What I've Done. Brad was the only one playing guitar for the entire song not counting the intro. Mike attempted to make up for it by playing his usual chords on the keyboard.

- Lying From You was dropped from the set and replaced by IN MY REMAINS.

EDIT: Had PoA incorrectly placed.

Edited by minusxero

Security was kind enough to give me the setlist. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I don't feel like death lol. That was a HARDCORE pit. Amazing show. Easily better crowd then NY. You'll hear how LOUD it got and Mike/Chester let us sing more on parts they don't traditionally let the crowd sing. I can't remember which songs though because I sang them all :)

US SET A

TINFOIL INTRO

FAINT

PAPERCUT (Full Song)

GIVEN UP (End on B )

WITH YOU (w/Scratch Intro)

SOMEWHERE I BELONG (w/Intro)

IN MY REMAINS

NEW DIVIDE

VICTIMIZED (w/QWERTY)

POINTS OF AUTHORITY

LIES GREED MISERY

WAITING FOR THE END (w/UID intro; extended outro)

BREAKING THE HABIT

LOATR/SOTD/IRIDESCENT FOG (lots and LOTS of Fog)

CATALYST

LOST IN THE ECHO (w/extended intro)

NUMB (Joe messed up the intro, Mike rapped Numb Encore at the end)

WHAT I'VE DONE

ONE STEP CLOSER (Pyro)

Encore:

BURN IT DOWN (Pyro)

IN THE END (Mike didn't go into the crowd. Pretty sure its because we were all COATED in sweat)

BLEED IT OUT (w/Sabotage, Pyro)

I was so shocked by hearing In My Remains. So happy I got to see it live! FANTASTIC SHOW.