22.08.2012 - Cincinnati, OH, Riverbend Music Center

Linkin Park's eighth show of the 2012 Honda Civic Tour comes on the 22nd at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati, Ohio. The band first played Cincinnati in October 2000 on the Kottonmouth Kings' 'Riding High Tour' at Bogart's. They did not return to the city until 2004, where they kicked off Projekt Revolution 2004 (show page here). That show featured the American debut of the "epic LP setlist" that we are all familiar with. Pretty awesome show! While Projekt Revolution 2007 skipped Cincinnati, the 2008 version didn't, playing it on August 15, 2008 (show page here).

The third canceled show in a row in 2011 was in Cincinnati at U.S. Bank Arena last year during the stretch when Chester was sick. The LPLive "policy" on shows means we will call this a make-up show (the next performance in a city after a canceled show is what we call the make-up date), so this will be LP's fourth show in Cincinnati out of five scheduled appearances.

For this show we should expect a version of US Set A, last played in Wantagh, NY on August 15 (show page here). This set opens with 'TINFOIL' and 'Faint' and has been changed already to include a full 'Lying From You' performance mid-set. Here is a full version of the LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent medley from that show, featuring the fog LP is using on this tour.

At the last show in Auburn Hills, MI, LP played US Set C (opening with 'With You'), but changed it up slightly to feature 'Papercut' in full in the encore. An interesting fact is that so far in the tour, there has been only one show where a setlist has repeated itself exactly: Uncasville, CT - where 'Crawling' was dropped from US Set C for the second show in a row. 'Crawling' remains to be seen on this tour even though it was originally in US Set C and was in the leaked LPU Summit US Set B (but later removed for that night's show and replaced with 'Empty Spaces'/'When They Come For Me'). Do you think it will show up on this tour? Are you glad that it is finally getting a break after all this time? Would you like to see any other singles get a break from the setlists?

One thing I'd like to mention and get some replies on is how I've noticed the band has a "renewed" sense of energy on stage and seems to be playing better shows than 2011 - does anyone else agree with this? The shows on this tour that I saw absolutely blew away the 2011 shows that I saw, but maybe that's just me. Thoughts?

Who's going to the Cincinnati show? M&G for anyone? Anyone updating us with what the band plays?

After an off day, LP plays Tinley Park, IL on the 24th and Noblesville, IN on the 25th before heading to Texas for two shows. For the full 2012 tour schedule including past setlists, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. New Divide

08. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY) (Mashup)

09. Lying From You

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Points Of Authority

12. Waiting For The End ( Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' rap; Ext. Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb (NO Numb/Encore lyrics on outro)

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

-----------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

Setlist picture here.

Thanks to dereklp for the setlist and updates throughout the day and show!

my hope for different LT songs is still alive.... but maybe only this week^^ :D

or we will see them in south america and then later in europe ;)

Mike at the Alpharetta M&G said they ran out of time in rehearsals to rehearse any more new songs so those will come on upcoming tours on this touring cycle. Aka I take it as they tried to perfect the new ones they were playing - BID, LGM, IMR, VICTIMIZED/QWERTY, etc and then tried to perfect the new stuff in the set/old stuff...LFY/Papercut mashup, etc rather than worry about too many new songs.

I think that the best songs of LT still aren't played...Castle Of Glass, Powerless and Roads Untraveled...they will be very emotional live!!

And I don't understand how Castle Of Glass isn't in setlists in HCT...it will be the next single right?

And yeah i agree with Hahninator! Linkin Park shows of this year are a lot more energetic...never seen the band perform shows like these in 2011 and 2010!

I think the reason we have yet to see Crawling this tour and why they keep dropping it is because they want to preserve Chester's voice. Chester has a hell of a setlist to sing almost every night. VICTIMIZED/QWERTY, LIES GREED MISERY, etc. Listening to Chester live in Camden and I will say that this is probably the best I have every heard Chester in a while. He is starting to scream more than he has previously done recently. I think Crawling will make a comeback during the middle - end of the tour.

Mike at the Alpharetta M&G said they ran out of time in rehearsals to rehearse any more new songs so those will come on upcoming tours on this touring cycle. Aka I take it as they tried to perfect the new ones they were playing - BID, LGM, IMR, VICTIMIZED/QWERTY, etc and then tried to perfect the new stuff in the set/old stuff...LFY/Papercut mashup, etc rather than worry about too many new songs.

that would all speak for another european tour in a near future. maybe in january and then they will go to australia/new zealand maybe after 2007 and than asia.

in summer 2013 maybe another euro/usa tour. i think so ;)

that would all speak for another european tour in a near future. maybe in january and then they will go to australia/new zealand maybe after 2007 and than asia.

2007? &They're doing Soundwave in Australia in March.

I expect another LT song's live debut...

If that actually happens I will die XD

Lets see if they decide to do the COG thing cause of the irony.

SETLIST:

• TINFOIL
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Papercut
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • With You (2012 Intro)
  • Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
  • New Divide
  • VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
  • Lying From You
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Points of Authority
  • Waiting for the End (Apaches Intro, Wall of Noise Outro)
  • Breaking the Habit
  • LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
  • The Catalyst
  • LOST IN THE ECHO (Ext. Intro)
  • Numb (Numb/Encore Tease Outro)
  • What I've Done
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

---------------Encore Break---------------

• Burn It Down
  • In The End
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Sabotage; Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

- Mike sang part of the lyrics to 'Numb/Encore' over the outro of 'Numb'.

Other Notes:

-

If the setlist changes, I'll update this post.

Edited by Soul

Thats whats up there!

Fucking internet xD

The guy who will be updating the set on twitter is not updating the set ¬¬

Ok, nobody answers me... Picture from the Show.

Posted Image

Mark wins: Setlist A.

Edited by maik_gianino

Setlist updated in the main post. Great set, all 3 sets this tour are fucking awesome.

Was a good show, small venue, small pit but very nice. I walked into the pit literally 5 minutes before LP came on and was in 2nd Row. I didn't expect to be helping with the Setlist but glad I could. I tried posted each song, some with pics but phone died. Sorry for any confusion.

Holy shit that show blew my mind haha. SO much energy. Got to do the meet and greet, it was super fast, (I one day want to get a picture with friggin' Mike Shinoda, but no cameras were allowed blah.) despite the long wait by the buses backstage. But man like you Derek I got there at the end of Incubus and by the end of LP's set I was in row 2 without even trying it just kind of shifted that way. Oh and Derek every band member seems to know you now, lucky I'm jealous haha.

But dang, if I could afford the travel and stuff I'd love to hit up another show. I'll be honest LP has almost re-awakened. Finally got to see QWERTY (last half) played for the first time in person, loved it. Almost passed out haha.

Holy shit that show blew my mind haha. SO much energy. Got to do the meet and greet, it was super fast, (I one day want to get a picture with friggin' Mike Shinoda, but no cameras were allowed blah.) despite the long wait by the buses backstage. But man like you Derek I got there at the end of Incubus and by the end of LP's set I was in row 2 without even trying it just kind of shifted that way. Oh and Derek every band member seems to know you now, lucky I'm jealous haha.

But dang, if I could afford the travel and stuff I'd love to hit up another show. I'll be honest LP has almost re-awakened. Finally got to see QWERTY (last half) played for the first time in person, loved it. Almost passed out haha.

So, how long were you in line for the meet and greet? I have one for the Indy show, but really don't want to miss Incubus. Debating.....