Bruiser anyone?

azazaz

So, I was reading in Twitter and Hahninator heard the Linkin Park song off the Dell's laptops (Bruiser). He saw that it doesn't have vocals, but sounds like more a unfinished song than a instrumental, ATS style with W&K vibe (I presume that, accroding with his tweet). So, I wanna know if him or someone can upload the song on Internet or anything? I and, possible, another fans want to hear this song, but Dell laptops are expensive and doesn't compensates buy it only because of the song.

If isn't possible, I understand (copyrights or something like that). It was just a curiosity that I have with this song, nothing more. Thanks for the attention.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure this falls under official material since it's an incentive to buy that laptop. It will likely eventually leak online, but until then the only way to get it will be buying that computer.

I'm pretty sure this is correct - it's something that's unlikely to come out for a while/ever(?) - if you paid megabucks for the PC, I doubt you'd be happy to upload it and let people freeload off your (frankly overpriced) purchase.

I'm pretty sure this is correct - it's something that's unlikely to come out for a while/ever(?) - if you paid megabucks for the PC, I doubt you'd be happy to upload it and let people freeload off your (frankly overpriced) purchase.

I think in this, because of that I saw that understand if the people w/ Bruiser don't upload the song. Was just a idea, nothing more than that. But, I think that, later or soon, this song will be leaked in web. Was just a request, but I understand the reasons :).

PS: Hahninator said in twitter that he only listen the song, someone played Brusier. Wasn't a audio archive or something like that, so the song will take a while to leak.

• 2 months later...

The first part of the LPU Summit is in the lobby of the venue where you can do a lot of stuff including a picture with a guitar, enter a raffle, draw on the art wall, etc and at the Camden Summit they had a table for the Dell OpenLabs software with an OpenLabs guy there to demo it for you.

I totally forgot about it until we were lining up to go on our tours so I went over with Preston, Jonas, Dmitry, Nick, Eric and a few others to the OpenLabs demo and asked the guy about it. He showed me the software and I got him to play "Bruiser" for us.

He played the first minute to minute and a half for us. It is a full song, no vocals, but there are multitracks for it on the software. By that I mean it's not an instrumental like Session or Cure For The Itch but I mean it's a full song just without the vocals, like a regular song instrumental. It has a sound similar to Wretches & Kings in the sense that there's a repetitive sample over a beat, but it sounds good. Everyone that was with me was impressed - not one person said they disliked it. We were in such a rush and it was so last minute that I decided to go over there that no one thought to pull out a camera or phone to record it.

They raffled off a laptop with the software on it but we stupidly and mistakenly forgot to find the winner and ask if they could get the song to us. Afterward we thought somehow someone would eventually get it and upload it but here we are 3 months later with no song LOL. We should have tried to record it or something to get the hype going online for someone to buy it. Oh well.

Hopefully someone buys the software and uploads the tracks.

If I wasn't desperately trying to scrape together enough money to get married next year, I'd gladly do it myself. My laptop's on the verge of crapping out on me anyway, and the last Dell I had was a really nice computer until my fiancee hit the damn thing hard enough to crack the motherboard AND break the screen because her stupid Facebook game was taking too long to load or some shit like that.

Aren't there some more LP multitracks included? I'm pretty sure it was more than just Bruiser.

Bruiser was good but not totally mindblowing or anything.

Yeah, along with a lot of stock samples that LP created specifically for the program. There was also SUPPOSED to be an LPU-exclusive "expansion pack" of sorts where you could download additional content as an LPU member, but I never heard anything else about that...

I'm so mad that I had a chance to listen to Bruiser at the summit and I missed it. I think a lot of people didn't know about it there, so no one heard it except for Mark and Jonas and crew. Sucks. I think judging by the description it sounds cool. I'd love to hear it.

Derek of LPA said that the music shown to LPL members at the summit was not Bruiser. Who knows what the hell it sounds like at this point. I just want to hear it... It should have been released on LPU12 instead of Forgotten Demo...

Derek of LPA said that the music shown to LPL members at the summit was not Bruiser. Who knows what the hell it sounds like at this point. I just want to hear it... It should have been released on LPU12 instead of Forgotten Demo...

Link to where he said that? We 100% for sure heard it at the Summit lol. Derek wasn't anywhere near us when we heard it, not sure why he'd say that. I saw the guy full the folder up on the laptop. "LP_BRUISER_DEMO". It wasn't just me that saw that, everyone around me saw that on the laptop. Hell, ask Jonas :P I asked the guy to play the LP song on there and he's like ??? and he goes back to the main screen, he sees that title and is like "Bruiser?" then clicks it and plays the first 75-90 seconds of it for us.

The link above doesn't sound like it to me. Bruiser was up tempo. The clip sounds pretty mellow.