Honda Civic Tour DSPs

lpu9

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that I have heard all of the HCT (minus Wantagh and Mountain View), it was a really cool tour IMO. It's definitely no PR, but it's cool. The South American tour was awesome, too. 2012 is a great live year.

Anyone noticed the much more audible crowds in the South American DSP's? Finally!

I like that very much.

We were even louder... I think Argentina's DSP doesn't look like "finished"... There are some moments when you can't hear us at all and other times when they turn us up a lot and it's noticeable that it's not very well done, or in some songs it seems as if there are missing samplers or something... It sounded SO much better live...

they do tend to turn up the crowd levels when there's some sort of interaction, like the "be all alone" in LFY or "i won't be ignored" on Faint. sometimes they're pretty seamless, but I do tend to notice them

luck of the draw on which DSPs get a bit of a clunky transition

still no Vancouver. have we any details on what exactly went 'wrong' at the mixing end?

Especially when they crank up those sing along parts in the mix you notice it doesn't sound very good. There is a certain limit to which you can turn up the crowd mics without getting a "reflection" of the music. It's impossible to record only the crowd especially with (some of) the crowd mics positioned at the stage where it gets you a lot of the stage noise too, like the drums. To have the crowd constantly in the mix also adds some echo which they don't seem to want,

I think those parts that LGraham mentioned are barely seemless and always very noticeable but on the other hand it's also very awkward if there's a break in the music for the crowd to sing and you can't hear them or just barely. Camden 2004 is a good example for that, where most people just say "the crowd sucks" or "the crowd seems dead" which is in fact not the case.

of course, having no crowd mics would make the show sound dead and awful. I think my DVD version of Clarkston MI '07/08(?) has just the show audio and it's a terrible DVD because of it...

yeah, I think this is the right version of it -

skip to 3.40 and you'll hear how crap it sounds without the "I'll" from the crowd, that and Phoenix (i think) fucks up majorly right after that point, it sounds awful. I'd rather have bad transitions every time

Um... why are the South Africa shows not listed on the DSP site at all??? We aren't getting DSP's???

Sometimes it takes a while after the shows to update the site. I don't see why we wouldn't get them. Even if they were filming a live DVD (if you film one anywhere, South Africa looks like a great place haha) I think we'd get a DSP.