Linkin Park playing Soundwave 2013, returning to Australia

RogueSoul

"After months of watching AJ Maddah’s twitter feed, an early confirmation from Blink 182 and one sleepless night the Soundwave Festival 2013 lineup has officially landed.

While it’s a little early to start thinking about Sidewave shows Maddah has already (unsurprisingly) ruled out the possibility of any sideshows in Perth or Adelaide. However he has announced that there’ll be “some legendary sideshows” including at least one from Blink 182."

Soundwave Festival 2013 lineup:

Metallica, Linkin Park, Blink-182, A Perfect Circle, The Offspring, Paramore, Garbage, Tomahawk, Stone Sour, Kyuss Lives, Anthrax, Sum 41, Dragonforce, All Time Low, Flogging Molly, Ghost, Duff McKagan’s Loaded, Motion City Soundtrack, Lawrence Arms, Kingdom Of Sorrow, Fozzy, Sleeping With Sirens, Cancer Bats, Madball, Vision of Disorder, Pierce the Veil, Periphery, Shai Halud, Of Mice & Men, Miss May I, Danko Jones, Woe Is Me, The Wonder Years, While She Sleeps, Such Gold, Lucero, Six Feet Under, Deaf Havana, Red Fang, Chunk! No Captain Chunk! and Memphis May Fire!

The Soundwave Festival takes place in early 2013 in Australia and makes the following stops on the festival tour:

Saturday 23rd February – Brisbane

Sunday 24th February – Sydney

Friday 1st March – Melbourne

Saturday 2nd March – Adelaide

Monday 4th March – Perth

Source here.

Who's excited?

Edited by Hahninator

Someone said 10 Years was playing. Where'd that info come from? :P If so, WOW, epic. In a recent video interview they said they were trying to go to Australia soon.

apparently there are about 10 more bands to announced is what I heard

Wow, Periphery, Ghost, and Tomahawk on the same bill as LP!? That's awesome! I wish America could get some decent festivals like this every once in a while because LP would never take bands like these out on tour.

Edited by Hybrid1988

Who thinks they will do a sideshow in each city?

Maybe one or two cities, not each of them

"At that point maybe 'Powerless' will be getting worked in there, so a lot of the new record is going to be incorporated into our new set, as well as a lot of the songs that people really want to hear. And also some songs that we've put on the backburner for a while, so hopefully a lot of a our fans that came to our last show will get something that they didn't really get before."

Any songs you think will be on the HCT that they didn't play in Europe thats not in LT? Edited by Soul

Yet I was thinkin that because of the dates of the soundwave shows. They still should do there own tour tho ay?

Any songs you think will be on the HCT that they didn't play in Europe thats not in LT?

Any songs you think will be on the HCT that they didn't play in Europe thats not in LT?

I stuffed that right up ha. Yer they still would come here again for there own tour ay? :)

Will be joining my bro Pez on all five Soundwave dates! Can't wait.

AJ Maddah (promoter?) from the Soundwave crew said there won't be any 'Sidewaves' in either Perth or Adelaide. Major suckage, but since I'm planning on the Australia-wide trip, hopefully that means we'll get some bonus shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Will be joining my bro Pez on all five Soundwave dates! Can't wait.

AJ Maddah (promoter?) from the Soundwave crew said there won't be any 'Sidewaves' in either Perth or Adelaide. Major suckage, but since I'm planning on the Australia-wide trip, hopefully that means we'll get some bonus shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

Ive noticed the sig has already been updated. Shit is going to go down!

Ive noticed the sig has already been updated. Shit is going to go down!

Haha damn straight dude. Hayleigh and Mason are keen too - trying to work out now who else is gonna join us. My bro's GF is likely to as well.

You wanna hear what a chick I work with just said about the lineup? She was talking to someone else, but said it in a raised voice on purpose so that I would hear - 'I couldn't think of anything worse than that lineup.' But this chick went to John Farnham and Lady Gaga so opinion is invalid :)

You wanna hear what a chick I work with just said about the lineup? She was talking to someone else, but said it in a raised voice on purpose so that I would hear - 'I couldn't think of anything worse than that lineup.' But this chick went to John Farnham and Lady Gaga so opinion is invalid :)

Posted Image

Great that they're coming back to Aus soon, but I'll probably catch a side show in Melbourne (if they do one) rather then the festival. Would rather watch them as a headlining act on their own, and I don't really know/care that much for the other bands on the bill (yeah shoot me :P)

Gonna go up on Faint again? :P

I highly doubt it dude. Having a once in a lifetime oppitunity twice is more then enough.

Although if THE BAND wants me to come up, that's a different story :P haha

Haha damn straight dude. Hayleigh and Mason are keen too - trying to work out now who else is gonna join us. My bro's GF is likely to as well.

I'll have to talk to you later about the trip. Just need a few pointers seeing youve basically already done it ;)

And too the chick comment....

Posted Image

...that basically covered it :P

worse LOL, that's the filthiest lineup around. Metallica and APC, DAMN. You need 10 Years on it ASAP.

It's a crazy line up. Is one of the first times LP has been on the bill with Metallica since 03-04 And the first time with blink since the failed MFR show they cancelled out on a few weeks before Blink broke up?

EDIT: Heres an interview with Chester that he did with triple M. You can add it to the main post if you want.

LINK

Funny, he says he they just finished up a tour with Incubus in the states? Its either he fucked up big time, he's travelled back in time and forgotten or he though the interview would of been aired after that tour.

Edited by Pez

Soul - that pic literally made me LOL at work :) Hopefully she caught a glimpse of it while I was still laughing ;)

Wow, I didn't expect LP to ever be a co - headliner again. But I guess they'll be playing a full set anyway.

Word is the bands (probably just the headliners) will be playing longer sets (word from the promoter). I expect we'll at least get the usual 90 minute LP set :)