MFR Power The World Video / 'Divided' Remix?

hahninator

From Music For Relief:

"1.3 Billion people worldwide have no access to electricity.

Go to http://powertheworld.org/#pledge to sign a pledge to support clean energy for all and help eliminate energy poverty. Without electricity, children cannot study after dark, parents cannot work once the sun sets and clinics cannot offer life-saving medical help. This video shares the story of Imani, one girl whose life is impacted by energy poverty. Learn more about the challenges faced by Imani and the 1 in 5 people worldwide without access to modern energy and how clean energy solutions are key to better healthcare, education, and financial independence."

Check out the Story of Imani video! Pretty cool! Music For Relief is a great organization - a lot of people on LPLive work at the MFR booths on the LP tours and LPLive has partnered with MFR to give away tickets to shows and more. Keep supporting the awesome MFR campaign that Linkin Park has created!

I wanted to mention the music in the video as well. Many of you are familiar with the song 'Divided' (Unreleased Demo 2005) from LP Underground's LPUX CD. The song used in the Imani video sounds like a 'Divided' remix. Maybe an M Shinoda remix? Thoughts on this?

11/16/12 EDIT: Today with the release of LPU 12, we find out that the beginning of this video has a portion of 'Homecoming' (from the LPU 12 CD) in it.

Sounds more like they just used a different piece of music at the beginning of the video and cross-faded into Divided. Once the part that's actually identifiable as Divided kicks in, it sounds pretty much the same as the original song to me.

Sounds more like they just used a different piece of music at the beginning of the video and cross-faded into Divided. Once the part that's actually identifiable as Divided kicks in, it sounds pretty much the same as the original song to me.

This is what I thought too.

erm no. there's new drum beat programming on it. and it would of been remixed as there's a sytnh part that has rob's drums on it that they couldnt have just sampled from the begining.

and the song at the begining sounds like a dj shadow song but can't remember which one

or is this another "accetate version" of divided where there was actually a full intro that wasn't included

This is what I was thinking.

• 4 months later...

And now we can identify the track :)

The second I pressed play on 'Homecoming' and heard the very beginning, I knew I had heard it before. Bam. So what's in the Power The World video is part of 'Homecoming' (or a demo/remix of it) and a remix of 'Divided'.