2012.06.22 2012.06.23 Tokyo, Japan - Music Station MTV VMAs

LPxDC

From The Mike Shinoda Clan:

According to NOIZE Linkin Park are to perform in Japan on a Japanese TV show called “Music Station” (original name: 『ミュージック・ステーション』) on Friday, June 22nd. Also according to NOIZE Linkin Park will perform their first single BURN IT DOWN live in studio, the TV show will air on Japanese TV channel “TV Asahi” on June 22nd. Details on how to be part of the in-live studio audience will be soon announced by NOIZE.tv.

Source

do we not have any Japanese members who may know?

seems odd that such a big fan-base is apparently unrepresented on here

There are VERY few Japanese fans who frequent English-speaking websites. I have no idea why, but it's always been that way.

Someone said it on Facebook and I googled it for confirmation

Tokyo, Roppongi Hills

Music Station is something like Top Of The Pops

Roppongi Hills is like a "district" of Tokyo. This is more accurate:

TV Asahi Studios (Music Station), Tokyo, Japan

Thanks to the RHCP live guide: http://www.stonecoldbush.com/index.php?opt...&format_id=

http://www.google.com/search?q=%09TV+Asahi...lient=firefox-a

• 4 years later...

http://musicvideos.to/20oul5m386oa/Linkin_Park_-_BURN_IT_DOWN_(Music_Station_20120622).ts.html

This is the first I've seen this. Can anyone tell me what the fuck is actually going on here? LOL

LOL WOW. Okay so first of all, this is clearly a live vocals, pre-recorded music performance - NOTHING Joe, Rob, Dave, or Jeremy are doing for the first half of the song lines up with the audio. I literally thought the video was just horribly out of sync until the vocals came in. The vocals are like 2 bars behind the track for that entire portion, and all of the instrumentalists are playing in sync with the vocals, not the audio. Probably a case of the track being played in their in-ears not being synced with the playback of the audio going to the broadcast feed.

What I don't understand is how they randomly manage to get back in sync without any apparent confusion after the first chorus, lol.

http://musicvideos.to/20oul5m386oa/Linkin_Park_-_BURN_IT_DOWN_(Music_Station_20120622).ts.html

This is the first I've seen this. Can anyone tell me what the fuck is actually going on here? LOL

Jeremy

What I don't understand is how they randomly manage to get back in sync without any apparent confusion after the first chorus, lol.

I have a hypothesis about this: What's happening until the second verse is that what is being broadcasted as audio is a pre recorded instrumental and vocals that are actually being performed. Then after the first chorus is done in the pre recorded instrumental, the real instruments get broadcasted, and you can hear the play the last prtion of the chorus.. You can tell the mix of the instrumental gets different, and that everything gets synced right when Chester sings "ground".

Who is Jeremy? Why wasn't Brad at the show?

Edited by TheDamian58C

I have a hypothesis about this: What's happening until the second verse is that what is being broadcasted as audio is a pre recorded instrumental and vocals that are actually being performed. Then after the first chorus is done in the pre recorded instrumental, the real instruments get broadcasted, and you can hear the play the last prtion of the chorus.. You can tell the mix of the instrumental gets different, and that everything gets synced right when Chester sings "ground".

Who is Jeremy? Why wasn't Brad at the show?

Jeremy is/was Brads guitar tech at the time. As for why. Nobody knows. I guess personal things (either he din't want to go because of something or he couldn't)

Jeremy is/was Brads guitar tech at the time. As for why. Nobody knows. I guess personal things (either he din't want to go because of something or he couldn't)

Jeremy was actually Mike's guitar tech at the time. Sean was still working with Brad at that point but he actually missed the Japan trip that year too (he joked that Brad didn't want to go because he wasn't going).

• 2 weeks later...

LOL WOW. Okay so first of all, this is clearly a live vocals, pre-recorded music performance - NOTHING Joe, Rob, Dave, or Jeremy are doing for the first half of the song lines up with the audio. I literally thought the video was just horribly out of sync until the vocals came in. The vocals are like 2 bars behind the track for that entire portion, and all of the instrumentalists are playing in sync with the vocals, not the audio. Probably a case of the track being played in their in-ears not being synced with the playback of the audio going to the broadcast feed.

They are not out of sync at any time, If you listen carefuly you can heard that the instrumental starts twice, at the second 00:34 the REAL instrumental being actually played on the stage starts (and you can see the crowd react to that) I guess they realize the fuck up and try to fix the mess (around 01:15 you can hear both instrumentals playing at the same time and that keeps hapenning until minute 2 where everything gets fixed and the on stage instrumental is the only one that plays). I don't think that this happens on the stage and is just a mess on the broadcast side, but who knows.

Edited by Almamu