New Gear stuff

I think Mike has ditched the theremin. That sucks, that was some cool shit he was doing with it hahaha.

yer pretty sure he has :/

If anyone has watched there performace at the 2012 MTV VMAJ notice that Rob isnt wearing those earphones...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yer pretty sure he has :/

If anyone has watched there performace at the 2012 MTV VMAJ notice that Rob isnt wearing those earphones...

I don't think he has at any of the TV performances. Not sure why, but it seems like he only bothers with them for full shows.

when did Mike start using that Theremin. It's not something I remember at Sonisphere* and I'm curious as to when he got it

edit: *it's also not in the pro-shots of New Divide's performance

when did Mike start using that Theremin. It's not something I remember at Sonisphere* and I'm curious as to when he got it

He began to use it on the ATS tour so I guess that would be the 07.09.2010 show.

You can see it at the KROQ breakfast show in this video but It wasnt offically used until the VMA performance where the band did New Divide after the 'The Catalyst' recorded performance in

You can see it at the KROQ breakfast show in this video but It wasnt offically used until the VMA performance where the band did New Divide after the 'The Catalyst' recorded performance in

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to say this but at the "Rio+Social" show from what I can see Rob isn't wearing he's Pumas.. They don't have a video shot of him from a desent angle to see but sometimes you can just see sometimes he's Left Foot on the highhat pedal threw a gap on the right of the bass drum... Looks like just normal shoes. I may be wrong but i thought I would post it anyway...

Sorry about that last comment I was ment to write a new one not a reply thingy. So here it is. I wasn't sure if this was the right place to say this but at the "Rio+Social" show from what I can see Rob isn't wearing he's Pumas.. They don't have a video shot of him from a desent angle to see but sometimes you can just see sometimes he's Left Foot on the highhat pedal threw a gap on the right of the bass drum... Looks like just normal shoes. I may be wrong but i thought I would post it anyway...

He began to use it on the ATS tour so I guess that would be the 07.09.2010 show.

gotcha, ta! :D

Some more info I've been able to track down lately...

-The two guitars Brad is using on With You/Runaway are actually PRS DC3's that have been modified to have humbuckers in the bridge, not NF3's like I originally thought.

-Some more info on Chester's Green Guitar Project guitar: It has 22 frets, Gibson-style tuning pegs (probably Klusons), and the pickup in it is a Dimarzio "rail" pickup of some type. The edges of the body are also unfinished.

-The blue PRS that Mike used on Waiting For the End at the Third Encore performances and the House of Blues show is actually a Tim Mahoney signature model SE that's been repainted a darker blue color (with the previously mentioned Fernandes Sustainer mod done to it). Brad actually used the same guitar on No More Sorrow at the Mayan Theater show last year, but I had never noticed.

Speaking of the Mayan Theater show last year, I also found out that some of LP's old stage equipment was auctioned off for charity at that show. A couple of the guitars that were auctioned off were the orange Ibanez Brad used to use on With You/Runaway during the Meteora period, and the black Ibanez he used for Don't Stay.

Edited by Astat

-The blue PRS that Mike used on Waiting For the End at the Third Encore performances and the House of Blues show is actually a Tim Mahoney signature model SE that's been repainted a darker blue color (with the previously mentioned Fernandes Sustainer mod done to it). Brad actually used the same guitar on No More Sorrow at the Mayan Theater show last year, but I had never noticed.

Awwwwwwww yeah! I love 311. Cool to see that Mahoney's signature model (came out last year) is getting some play.

-The two guitars Brad is using on With You/Runaway are actually PRS DC3's that have been modified to have humbuckers in the bridge, not NF3's like I originally thought.

So I was right? Yay :)

I don't think he has at any of the TV performances. Not sure why, but it seems like he only bothers with them for full shows.

Hey. He wore them at the Jimmy Kimmel show.. What are they even for.? Cause I think u can still see the cord going up he's back for the ear things..

Hey. He wore them at the Jimmy Kimmel show.. What are they even for.? Cause I think u can still see the cord going up he's back for the ear things..

the big headphone-like things look more like ear defenders (similar to what Brad wears) if he's still got the cable going up for the regular In-Ear Monitor (IME) then I guess he wears the Ear defenders to isolate what he hears in his IEM, or perhaps he's decided to start wearing better ear-protection (10 years+ of touring and shows will ruin your hearing :P)

Does anyone know the name of the keyboard Mike uses?

Open Labs NeKo XXL.

And as usual, I have more info for you guys...some of this isn't exactly "new" time-wise, but it's still new information:

-Final say on the octave effect Brad uses on the Waiting For the End solo: It's an octave-up patch on his T.C. Electronics G-Major processor, controlled with his expression pedal. His Boss CE-5 is also on for that part to make it sound a bit fuller.

-Similarly, the effects for Wretches and Kings (even though it's not being played anymore): That one is actually an Electro-Harmonix HOG with an octave down setting for the "DUN DUN DUN" part in the main riff. The dissonant-sounding part at the end of each repeat of the riff (the part Brad plays way up at the top of the neck) has a second octave band brought in, so the signal is actually split into 3 notes for that part.

-The red PRS that Mike is currently using for some performances of Waiting For the End has quite a history...Brad used it on No More Sorrow a lot starting in 2007, but I bet you didn't know this next part: It's the same guitar Brad was using on Figure.09 as far back as 2003! It was modified quite a bit following the Meteora touring cycle - the bridge pickup was changed and it had the Fernandes Sustainer modification done to it.

-As far as Brad's current effects rig goes, the Boss BF-3 flanger pedal has been retired for the time being, as the current live set doesn't have any parts that require a flanger. He's also added a Devi Ever Shoegazer fuzz pedal, which is used in combination with one of his Boss CS-3's on Burn It Down. Brad's MXR Micro Amp and one of his CS-3's are both pretty much on at all times these days to help thicken up his overall sound.

Edited by Astat

Open Labs NeKo XXL.

And as usual, I have more info for you guys...some of this isn't exactly "new" time-wise, but it's still new information:

-Final say on the octave effect Brad uses on the Waiting For the End solo: It's an octave-up patch on his T.C. Electronics G-Major processor, controlled with his expression pedal. His Boss CE-5 is also on for that part to make it sound a bit fuller.

-Similarly, the effects for Wretches and Kings (even though it's not being played anymore): That one is actually an Electro-Harmonix HOG with an octave down setting for the "DUN DUN DUN" part in the main riff. The dissonant-sounding part at the end of each repeat of the riff (the part Brad plays way up at the top of the neck) has a second octave band brought in, so the signal is actually split into 3 notes for that part.

-The red PRS that Mike is currently using for some performances of Waiting For the End has quite a history...Brad used it on No More Sorrow a lot starting in 2007, but I bet you didn't know this next part: It's the same guitar Brad was using on Figure.09 as far back as 2003! It was modified quite a bit following the Meteora touring cycle - the bridge pickup was changed and it had the Fernandes Sustainer modification done to it.

-As far as Brad's current effects rig goes, the Boss BF-3 flanger pedal has been retired for the time being, as the current live set doesn't have any parts that require a flanger. He's also added a Devi Ever Shoegazer fuzz pedal, which is used in combination with one of his Boss CS-3's on BDurn It Down. Brad's MXR Micro Amp and one of his CS-3's are both pretty much on at all times these days to help thicken up his overall sound.

Any word on what effect Mike is using on Lies, Greed, Misery? At first I thought it was some sort of slicer but I think I'm wrong.

I was gonna have a crack at trying to copy it with an effect on my GT-8 but I chose to wait out until I get the new GT-100 and remake all my patches.

the big headphone-like things look more like ear defenders (similar to what Brad wears) if he's still got the cable going up for the regular In-Ear Monitor (IME) then I guess he wears the Ear defenders to isolate what he hears in his IEM, or perhaps he's decided to start wearing better ear-protection (10 years+ of touring and shows will ruin your hearing :P )

Yer.. My hearing is soo bad now and its only from listening to linkin park with earphones..

• 1 month later...

So, not a lot of new gear for the Honda Civic Tour but I thought I'd post here anyway. Brad and Phoenix now use their pad controllers (Maschine Mikro and TriggerFinger) not only for Lies Greed Misery but also for Victimized and Lost in the Echo (Phoenix only).

Joe seems to have an additional MIDI Fighter and I've also heard that Mike has a new guitar (not an expert on that topic, does anyone know about this?).

Also, people have said that they've seen Microsoft Kinects on stage. I have absolutely no idea what these would be used for in a live band performance so I don't know if that's true.

So, not a lot of new gear for the Honda Civic Tour but I thought I'd post here anyway. Brad and Phoenix now use their pad controllers (Maschine Mikro and TriggerFinger) not only for Lies Greed Misery but also for Victimized and Lost in the Echo (Phoenix only).

Joe seems to have an additional MIDI Fighter and I've also heard that Mike has a new guitar (not an expert on that topic, does anyone know about this?).

Also, people have said that they've seen Microsoft Kinects on stage. I have absolutely no idea what these would be used for in a live band performance so I don't know if that's true.

Mike's new guitar is a custom-painted Green Guitar Project Telecaster-style guitar (like the ones Chester's been using on Iridescent lately), he currently uses it on Lost in the Echo:

Posted Image

Well, Joe's gotta do something, amirite?

I assume that would be for the background visuals?

I guess that's correct. I think Mike and Joe have one each, maybe Rob too?

Mike's new guitar is a custom-painted Green Guitar Project Telecaster-style guitar (like the ones Chester's been using on Iridescent lately), he currently uses it on Lost in the Echo

Thanks!

Well, Joe's gotta do something, amirite?

I guess so :D

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't something new. But I'm watching Rock Am Ring 2001 and I noticed there not using In Ear Monitors. I'm not sure if they were even around then but thought I would just point it out.. Mike is just wearing Ear plugs.. Chester isn't wearing anything. Would be loud there on stage..

This isn't something new. But I'm watching Rock Am Ring 2001 and I noticed there not using In Ear Monitors. I'm not sure if they were even around then but thought I would just point it out.. Mike is just wearing Ear plugs.. Chester isn't wearing anything. Would be loud there on stage..

well they might not have used them 11 years ago, but these days...

;)