What Will Album 5 Sound Like?

lgr

with all these rumours and hints going around - even if they're true or not - I couldn't help but wonder what the band is planning the new album to sound like , regardless of its release date.

I can't imagine the band would just try and make "A Thounsand Suns 2.0" ;) since they already made what the band has themselves called "hybrid Theory pt.1" and "pt.2", and I'm sure they want to avoid doing that again.

but then again with such a rapid turn-around on the new record (IF this does come out in 2012) is it possible to avoid that? there was a huge break between Meteora and Minutes To Midnight, and another between Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns - in both cases, the album following the large writing/recording time has sounded remarkably different from its predecessors.

can they really have progressed too far from the ATS-style sound since they've had much less time to feel like they're "done" with a certain atmosphere in their music? or has the band got another big curve-ball for us on no. 5?

I'd be interested to see what people think about this...

Edited by LGraham

It really wouldn't surprise me if this album is a bit dancey, kinda like The Catalyst. Lately they've been touring with lots of hard dance acts like Pendulum and The Prodigy.

Obviously, it's impossible to predict these things, but one thing's for sure it's not gonna sound like Hybrid Theory.

I don't think it will be another electronic album because that's what everyone expects them to do and LP doesn't want to be predictable. I think that it will be a rap album since all the studio footage we've gotten involves rap beats, there were also some tweets from Phoenix and Joe a while back about Joe making beats. This album process also seems to be going a lot faster than usual and we all know Mike can make a great rap record in just a year.

This is just a theory, but LP seemed to be going to the route Radiohead has taken. You could consider Hybrid Theory and Meteora their Pablo Honey and The Bends, while Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns were their OK Computer and Kid A. So if that's anything to go by, I guess you could say the next album will be similiar to Amnesiac; which means it would be in the same vein as A Thousand Suns but with more guitar parts.

Again, just a theory.

I don't think it will be another electronic album because that's what everyone expects them to do and LP doesn't want to be predictable. I think that it will be a rap album since all the studio footage we've gotten involves rap beats, there were also some tweets from Phoenix and Joe a while back about Joe making beats. This album process also seems to be going a lot faster than usual and we all know Mike can make a great rap record in just a year.

I agree with this.

An album that sounds like Fort Minor but includes Chester just screams "awesomeness".

I can't say in what way their music will go (really hard if take in account that last was a test-album). But I am really sure it would be something solid as MTM (but not sure 100% because it could be at some point ATS v.2).

But I bet for solid and serious album (not saying that ATS wasn't amazing). Will see, will see.. For sure I want them touring the whole year ;)

Yeahh)))) Whatever if they release a new album or not I want them touring ASAP :lol:

yeah, I missed them last time they were in the UK - if their new stuff comes out soon I AM SO GOING to at least 1 date!

They have some good songs Posted Image

yeah yeah just a few, I heard a song of theirs on the radio once ;)

This would be the shit .

If its gonna sound like MTM it will be pretty good.. but if its gonna sound like ATS it will be a disaster.. IF its gonna sound like HYBRID THEORY it will be the best album of the next decade xD

i agree with everything said in this sentence

This would be awesome. Just don't want Chester to be drowned out. I think it's really difficult to predict though. I never imagined MTM would be the record it was after their first two albums, and I didn't expect ATS to sound the way it did.

This is just a theory, but LP seemed to be going to the route Radiohead has taken. You could consider Hybrid Theory and Meteora their Pablo Honey and The Bends, while Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns were their OK Computer and Kid A. So if that's anything to go by, I guess you could say the next album will be similiar to Amnesiac; which means it would be in the same vein as A Thousand Suns but with more guitar parts.

Again, just a theory.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Amnesiac in alot of ways is more of an "organic" Kid A. I can imagine LP's next album being like ATS, but with more traditional instruments instead of electronic music. And judging by what Phi has said in the recent chat, it seems like it will be true (saying that it could more experimental than ATS with Violins, & possibly more strings), At least thats what I'm hoping! :)

Amnesiac in alot of ways is more of an "organic" Kid A. I can imagine LP's next album being like ATS, but with more traditional instruments instead of electronic music. And judging by what Phi has said in the recent chat, it seems like it will be true (saying that it could more experimental than ATS with Violins, & possibly more strings), At least thats what I'm hoping! :)

I do think a more oragnic ATS is possible, but i think phoenix may have been taking the piss on the violins ;)

I do think a more oragnic ATS is possible, but i think phoenix may have been taking the piss on the violins ;)

I think a more organic ATS is probably what we will end up getting. My high hopes for a record that sounds like MTM have been crushed by that chat.

Lol he said they were using violins? I wouldn't say no to something with the ATS spirit, but I wouldn't say no to a few heavier pieces here and there!