What Will Album 5 Sound Like?

lgr

I think a more organic ATS is probably what we will end up getting. My high hopes for a record that sounds like MTM have been crushed by that chat.

It'll probably end up sounding closer to MTM than ATS I think. I'm guessing it'll be more alternative and they thinking about doing orchestrations. It probably just won't have MTM's traditional radio song structures or distorted guitars.

Edited by jare0674

I hope it sounds like MTM and not ATS

MTM was a written masterpiece, i wouldn't mind a mix of heavy songs and ballads. If it ends up being like MTM i just hope for more raps. They could songs made in the style of balckbirds, where you have raps but also a soft song.

Edit: Kinda off topic but, I always felt that Blackbirds could fit on LP album except Hybrid Theory.

Edited by Bliss

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to hear some harder songs, like they did on MTM. It is okay to be creative but I think they have ignored their rock sound to much. The fifth album need a fresh rock sound and hopefully they do this on the new album.

I don't want to complain, it is just a wish on the old days. I hope Mike meant with "good mix of old and new" that they do more rock together with the new style of ATS, just like a mix of MTM and ATS with more rapping.

Edited by Exzero

I hope it sounds like MTM and not ATS

MTM was a written masterpiece, i wouldn't mind a mix of heavy songs and ballads. If it ends up being like MTM i just hope for more raps. They could songs made in the style of balckbirds, where you have raps but also a soft song.

Edit: Kinda off topic but, I always felt that Blackbirds could fit on LP album except Hybrid Theory.

I totally agree.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it will have the energy of Hybrid Theory/Meteora, but in the style of Minutes To Midnight/A Thousand Suns. "BURN IT DOWN" is the perfect example of what I mean.

With the vocals:

I expect alot of singing, a little more rap than the past 2 albums but not by a whole lot, and a little bit more screaming but not in more than 3 songs.

With the music:

I expect alot of digital effects, synths, and lo-fi drum beats. I also think the guitars won't be as up front as they were in Minutes To Midnight, but used mainly as backing texture (like in BURN IT DOWN).