Happy New Year!

hahninator

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone. Sorry for the late post...I took some time at the end of the year to hit the beach in Florida while I still could before it got cold here.

Well, there's an RTR video up on LP.com from the special screening they had in Pasadena, CA at the Boston Court recently. Go check that out. Next, LPPRJKT4 has uploaded a New Years gift for you all...it's a unique selection (aka 32 tracks) from the MTM touring cycle...a big compilation of live songs. Check that out HERE.

Sparkart has updated their blog with a post about Linkin Park's website, which can be found HERE. Since when did Sparkart have a blog....?

As far as 2009 goes, I think my friend Jasparina from LPTimes said it best, so I'll leave you with her quote that I think is appropriate:

"Tough times ahead because of the economic crisis so let's hope we will have a good 2009. As regards to Linkin Park, lots to look forward to in 2009, there's the new album coming out, new music videos, new interviews, promos, tv appearances, live shows, tours, etc. Then there's Chester's Dead By Sunrise debut album and Mike's second installment of Glorious Excess art show, so, another busy year for me but I'm looking forward to all that."

As far as all the Warner-hating going on, I'm not really sure why they are attacking fansites like this, but you can be sure LPLive will always be here...we're not going down, we're not going anywhere. I'll keep everything updated here on the homepage as far as LP-HQ / LP-IT goes so we can all be on the same page. I wish the best of luck to my good friends that run those sites...Ana and JomJom, respectively, and they know LPLive will always be here if they need any assistance with anything. Just to clear any confusion up: You all know the band has OK'd us sharing the live shows here, so nothing LPLive is doing should get targeted by the label. Thanks for the support and I hope 2009 is an excellent year!

I hope lplive never gets shut down...that would suck. Anyways, 2009 seems like a big year for LP. Lots of new stuff happening.

I doubt it'd ever happen, lol. We don't have anything copyrighted on the entire site. Credit is given to everyone we've obtained info and stuff from. We're doing fine.

Can't wait for a new LP tour.

I doubt it'd ever happen, lol. We don't have anything copyrighted on the entire site. Credit is given to everyone we've obtained info and stuff from. We're doing fine.

Can't wait for a new LP tour.

Haha who knows. With Warner these days they might get ya from Saying "One Step Closer".

WTF. i wiah i was there for the screening. im super jealous those guys got to go.

Knowing from the past i bet those guys only listen to ITE or Numb and probably arent in the LPU =/

why doesnt the LPU have contests where the winners get shipped to Cali to do shit like this?

can someone rip the new LPTV?

someone throw it up in the various formats! :)

why doesnt the LPU have contests where the winners get shipped to Cali to do shit like this?

They had the LPU secret show in mid-2008. But that was LA members only, how lame. Why not do a big contest of everyone. It was only 14, too, and you had to be a certain age, etc. Lame lame, lol.

As far as LP ok'ing the sharing of the shows, I could I have sworn I had a "proof" page linked up to LPLive somewhere. I'll go look for it and post it here, give me a little bit. I know I took screenshots and got all the links earlier this year for them allowing us to share them. Hmm.

yeah i can remember that too but i don't know where it was hmhmmm =/ Mike wrote something like he likes it when every fan can hear thE concert although he wasn't there or something like that...

Anyways, happy new year ^^

Hmmm... I don't understand something, Mark. You haven't downloaded that compilation yet (am I right?) and you post it as a news and when I gave you my compilation, you didn't want to publish it.

Don't you like me or something ;)?

Anyway, I'd love to hear LPPRJKT4's one.

Edited by zwieR.Z.

Thank you very much!

So this is my final update:

the site will be closed forever.

The manager told me that LP wants to help me.

But they cant.

So as aaron said in one of the several emails I got:

Anyway- I spoke directly to Mike Shinoda about this and he has asked me to see if I can help in any way. LP know a lot more about their fans than people think and are very interested in their ability to enjoy LP.

with love

ana

Yeah that'd be a situation if the band and management could just override the label on stuff like this. You had it coming to you for deleting and ignoring those emails, but oh well. Sucks this happened but next time don't be ignorant, lol. I have been emailed by the label a few times and I either reply or take action within 5 minutes of receiving the email....

Hmmm... I don't understand something, Mark. You haven't downloaded that compilation yet (am I right?) and you post it as a news and when I gave you my compilation, you didn't want to publish it.

Don't you like me or something ;)?

Anyway, I'd love to hear LPPRJKT4's one.

No I don't hate you. It comes down to what I'm doing that day, etc. Right now I am on Christmas break, so I have days free. During the school year I'm juggling school, LPLive, like 5 more websites, studying, hanging out with friends, etc. The news is slow; compilations are fine to post.

He hasn't gotten a proper link back to me yet unfortunately.

Yeah that'd be a situation if the band and management could just override the label on stuff like this. You had it coming to you for deleting and ignoring those emails, but oh well. Sucks this happened but next time don't be ignorant, lol. I have been emailed by the label a few times and I either reply or take action within 5 minutes of receiving the email....

true. your right.

I wasnt sure if it really was warner, then the fact that I had only one time per week internet made the email going to the 3rd page.

however its over =)

true. your right.

I wasnt sure if it really was warner, then the fact that I had only one time per week internet made the email going to the 3rd page.

however its over =)

Yeah. I'd be interested in seeing what that guy from LP management said to you if you'd like to email me or something......

Yeah. I'd be interested in seeing what that guy from LP management said to you if you'd like to email me or something......

sure...but idk ur mail

send me one

anafarrell@live.de

Edited by ana

Thank you very much!

So this is my final update:

the site will be closed forever.

The manager told me that LP wants to help me.

But they cant.

So as aaron said in one of the several emails I got:

Anyway- I spoke directly to Mike Shinoda about this and he has asked me to see if I can help in any way. LP know a lot more about their fans than people think and are very interested in their ability to enjoy LP.

with love

ana

you know what? thats the best prize you can get

talking to mike shinonda? how awesome is that?

you know what? thats the best prize you can get

talking to mike shinonda? how awesome is that?

dude, it's from an email she received from LP's manager, she didn't talk to mike personally

i know man.. :rolleyes:

but getting some words from mike would be awesome for me.

no matter how.-

In a way it doesn't quite heal the pain of having to close your much beloved website.