Good article looking back on Reanimation

StuckNMove

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-...imation/9517899

Good read, it brings up some valid points. Reanimation is nearing 10 years old, yet it could fit in with much of what mainstream today. It's so much more then a remix album. What are you thoughts, imagine that Reanimation was never released and it came out next month, think it would be better received then when it was originally released?

I really think they should put out a Part 2 for Meteroa. I read somewhere that they did make a few remixes for that album but that was all, maybe one day we can get everybody from hear on LPL/LPA/LPTimes to make up the best Remixes of each track from Meteroa, then we take the top 13tracks + a mega mix. Thus having Reanimation 2 (Fan Edition lol)

I really think they should put out a Part 2 for Meteroa. I read somewhere that they did make a few remixes for that album but that was all, maybe one day we can get everybody from hear on LPL/LPA/LPTimes to make up the best Remixes of each track from Meteroa, then we take the top 13tracks + a mega mix. Thus having Reanimation 2 (Fan Edition lol)

we should convince Lp to make a Reanimation 2

To me, Reanimation has always seemed way ahead of it's time. I love the album, I always have. It has a ton of great remixes and they flow so well together. But I wouldn't compare it with dubstep and electronic shit that is popular today. Reanimation is like old school techno but with an LP touch.

Reanimation is the shit.

They just did what they wanted to, represented another style with their 'old' songs what was really cool to hear and they kind of created a new sound that I (talking for myself) never heard before. I think the idea behind Reanimation is very similiar to the of A Thousand Suns. They just reinterpreted theirselfes and their music in another way.

Looking back on it, I have never heard any remix of any song that are as good as the ones on Reanimation. Remixes today are either just dubstep or the same techno beat for 5 minutes. On Reanimation, the remixes were like "re- animations" of their songs. Some of them are as good or even better than the originals.

I always hoped for a Reanimation on every album. My wish didn't come true. It's nearing 10 years for Reanimation. It still sounds so fresh, and not out of date what-so-ever. Hybrid Theory seems dated to me when I listen to it, but Reanimation seems to fit in with times perfectly. WAYYY ahead of it's time, and the most underrated pieces of work in LP's discography. It's a shame. I like Reanimation more than I liked ATS and MTM.

Looking back on it, I have never heard any remix of any song that are as good as the ones on Reanimation. Remixes today are either just dubstep or the same techno beat for 5 minutes. On Reanimation, the remixes were like "re- animations" of their songs. Some of them are as good or even better than the originals.

Listen to some Nine Inch Nails remixes from The Fragile era.

Edit: similar in style to Reanimation in that they're reinterpetations of the tracks in a different style instead of a techno beat.

Edited by leftshoe18

great read. How I LONG to go to a night club where the DJ randomly spits out LP remixes from this epic album. Not every track is brilliant mind, but on the whole its still a fantastic record. i wish there where more albums around now like Reanimation.

great read. How I LONG to go to a night club where the DJ randomly spits out LP remixes from this epic album. Not every track is brilliant mind, but on the whole its still a fantastic record. i wish there where more albums around now like Reanimation.

+1 on this all I hear nowadays is Techno Remix Covers of OLD Songs lol. I'd def go nuts if I heard a Reanimation song at a club though :P

Good to see Linkin Park getting some actual credit for something great they did, instead of the usual "omgz they made teh nu-metalz."

And yeah, the past 2 years or so in music has really made me appreciate Reanimation as an album a lot more. It was definitely ahead of its time. I'm glad people are looking back on it and realizing that now.