A Thousand Problems.

NickDuffy

Yet samples between songs are different, more so than vocals in fact. You're pretty much contradicting in your argument there.

Do you know any modern pop songs with samples of speeches in them? 'Cause I certainly don't.

Angels and Airwaves- Inertia

Angels and Airwaves- One Last Thing? (not sure if its a speech or not)

Jay Electronica - The Announcement

Bob Marley- War (yes not modern but still)

Extreme- Peacemaker Die

Guns N Roses- Cilvil War

Lil Wayne- President Carter

Kanye West- Who Will Survive America

Common- A Dream

Rick Ross- Tears of Joy

Meek Mill- Tupac Back

Maybeshewill - Not For Want Of Trying

there are also a lot of older songs that use them and probably more, these are just what i can think of right now

plus i could bring up the fact that not many people want to listen to songs with speeches in them

Edited by Bliss

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thread has come a long way since I posted haha. Honestly I could care less if the next album was Nu-Metal or not. I really just want some hard guitars that I can rock out to!

Thats what got me into LP, just come home after a hard day and just rock out. Simple.

For me personally ATS didn't have that effect and probably one of the biggest letdowns in music for me. I know it's a good album and everything, I get it rammed down my throat on every forum I go to that i'm a Nu-Metal fanboy( FIGURE .09 for the win!), whoop-de-do.

I just missed the excitement of a new LP album with ATS. I became a fan with Hybrid Theory like most LP fans and when the single 'Somewhere I Belong' popped up it was so awesome. I wore that single OUT!

My interest with LP peaked around the time QWERTY was unveiled, I nearly ripped my computer apart trying to get someone to send me the leak of LPU6 to hear the studio version and boy was it sweet, still today it's my favorite song.

Then Minutes to Midnight rolled around. A 30 second clip of 'What I've Done' popped out on LP.com or something and I was confused. The sound had changed from what I was used to. But when the full song was unveiled I loved it! And like SWIB wore it out on my iPod, but i'll never forget hearing the clips for Given Up. Man what power! Simple but gripping. Minutes to Midnight changed the game but stayed Rock enough to where I enjoyed the whole album it had a good balance, yet it got hate. Poor thing.

Then came the announcements for A Thousand Suns. I was ready, this was going to be the best yet! The remix competition started and I listened to the files. Mmmmk. What the heck was that? I hope those files are some kind of distorted 'thing' for the competition only. But the single was released and I was kind of bummed. Then the album. None of it appealed to me, even my friends who have been LP fans like me were like 'dude what the fuck is this?!' I'll admit I had a phase with Wretches and Waiting for the End.

I am looking forward to the next album though! I will always be an LP fan regardless of what happens. Just wishing for some rock! :D

^you said it nicely, i agree with everything you just said. See i may be a nu metal fan and want them to do nu metal again but i also really enjoyed MTM, so even that rock style would be fine

Edited by Bliss

@Bliss I don't get it. You're arguing that there is nothing unique in the songs yet you want them to bring back nu metal..

Music has been around for thousands of years you're always going to find similar things in songs.

You say there's nothing unique about using speeches in a song because it's been done before. I could list hundreds of songs that use heavy distorted guitars and they'd still be "unique"?

@Bliss I don't get it. You're arguing that there is nothing unique in the songs yet you want them to bring back nu metal..

Music has been around for thousands of years you're always going to find similar things in songs.

You say there's nothing unique about using speeches in a song because it's been done before. I could list hundreds of songs that use heavy distorted guitars and they'd still be "unique"?

Word

ok, yes there old music isn't unique either you got me their.

but also i never said their old music was unique but still you got me

and i could care less if its nu metal or not, even another album like Minutes to Midnight would be awesome

how is the topic out of context?

we are still talking about the problems ATS had and that was the point of this thread.

I just want an album that rocks and has good music, and to me ATS did not have good music. When it comes down to it in the end, it comes down to good music and bad music. IMO, Meteoa, Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight had good songs so it was good music.

what i meant was some poeple like some music, some people like other music, ssure ATS is technically growth but to me it comes down to if you like the songs and i didn't like the songs

Edited by Bliss

we are still talking about the problems ATS had and that was the point of this thread.

I just want an album that rocks and has good music, and to me ATS did not have good music. When it comes down to it in the end, it comes down to good music and bad music. IMO, Meteoa, Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight had good songs so it was good music.

Bla, Bla, Bla. I don't care what you think. and it's so out of context now. this discussion keep walking in circles, i'm tired. this should be closed.

Oh I get it now, music that YOU don't like is bad music.

This is a discussion, not a "See how big of an asshole can I make of myself contest" like you've been doing since this thread was posted.

• 2 weeks later...