A Thousand Problems.

NickDuffy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen a single rock band creating mind blowing shit like When They Come For Me, have you?

well i don't think there is really anything special about WTCFM except the Spanish in the Megaphone so my answer is yes i have

well i don't think there is really anything special about WTCFM except the Spanish in the Megaphone so my answer is yes i have

Show me at least an example of where you believe you have heard anything remotely similar to When They Come For Me.

Show me at least an example of where you believe you have heard anything remotely similar to When They Come For Me.

well its more like the special elements. first they rap and sing, so its basically like other LP songs

2nd off the beat, its just a beat. there are many more complex beats

3rd- the "AHHHS" i consider them like the "OHHHHS" from Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars and there are other songs that use Ahhs and Ohhs

4th- the megaphone- the only thing unique about this song. i have never heard this done before.

5th- the vocals- just standard Mike rap and Standard Chester vocals. If anything they are below par from a lot of their other songs

Whenever I hear someone say the words "Nu Metal" anymore, I die a little inside. Because people can't just get the fuck over it.

Nu Metal

I like Nu Metal, i will never get over it.

and also nu metal is not dead

Edited by Bliss

and also nu metal is not dead

You don't start sentences with "And", buddy.

And wanting Nu Metal back is like kicking a dead horse. It's dead. You don't need to make everyone else suffer by having to watch you kick it. Even then, you're making the retired families of the horse suffer, and tarnishing it's legacy. Think of the children!

Edited by adaminator1

Well as a young-in that started listening to Meteora (Nu-Metal) It's understandable I enjoyed it. But growing up I feel LP has grown with me, It's good to leave old things behind and move on. Which seems to be the case which some who can't get over the fact LP ISN'T there old skool self. I think it's change for the better, and I like it. Of course I do take a listen to there older stuff here and then..

Speaking of contradictions......did you ever notice how Linkin Park fans have brutally battled with people saying that Hybrid Theory and Meteora WASN'T nu metal and how it was just a unique blend of different genres? Now everytime there is a discussion about what's better in terms of old and current, all of the fans who say current would also add that "nu metal is dead".

Figure that out.

And A Thousand Suns doesn't have the most mature lyrics on earth. "Try to catch up motherfuckaaaa", "talk alot of shit but yet you don't know", "i'm losing what I don't deserve", it's just the same old lyrics. Linkin Park showed themselves on a dictionary/thesaurus website in one of their LPTV videos looking for better words then they already had written down for The Catalyst which slightly proves my point.

Edited by FleshIntoGear

You don't start sentences with "And", buddy.

And wanting Nu Metal back is like kicking a dead horse. It's dead. You don't need to make everyone else suffer by having to watch you kick it. Even then, you're making the retired families of the horse suffer, and tarnishing it's legacy. Think of the children!

Exhibit A

Posted Image

Exhibit B

Posted Image

A was a commercial flop, B a number one album.

A is a nu metal album, B is not.

Still think nu metal ain't dead?

Exhibit A is from the worst band in the world

Exhibit B is still lots of fans least favorite LP album and was their least successful album. Examples C: American Tragedy by Hollywood Undead. Exhibit D: The new Staind album (technically nu metal, id say a little more alt metal but people, not myself, are calling it nu metal). Exhibit E: Papa Roach is still around. Exhibit F: Trapt is considered nu metal, there new album is good. I could go on, nu metal may not be totally mainstream anymore but its still around

The fact is, the only nu metal artists that have truly survived and still retain commercial success are Korn, Disturbed and Evanescence. Yes, bands like Staind, Papa Roach and P.O.D. are still around, but they're so irrelevant in the modern music industry they may as well just split up.

Nu metal is dead, metalcore's filled the void.