A Thousand Problems.

NickDuffy

Staind

I don't know where your at but Staind gets a ton of radio play here. Also I wouldn't consider them nu-metal after "Break The Cycle" although I haven't heard the new album.

As for above guy, Papa Roach had like one or two nu-metal albums, so they aren't a good argument and went away from nu-metal along time ago. I thought Trapt moved away from nu-metal after there horrible album that had "Stand Up" on it. Last I heard they were making less than mediocre hard rock/post-grunge. Hollywood Undead? I thought they were a one hit wonder (if that)...although Danny Lohner did some work with them recently I still wouldn't give them a listen.

I'd say nu-metal bands that retained their commercial success was Korn, Staind, Disturbed, and Evanescence.

Although almost everyone who was around for HT and Meteroa remember Linkin Park (for better or worse).

Edited by FireHawk

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is, the only nu metal artists that have truly survived and still retain commercial success are Korn, Disturbed and Evanescence. Yes, bands like Staind, Papa Roach and P.O.D. are still around, but they're so irrelevant in the modern music industry they may as well just split up.

Nu metal is dead, metalcore's filled the void.

Staind is still relevant, so is Papa Roach, and also Hollywood Undead is somewhat relevant and they are classified as nu metal. If anything Korn has become irrelevant.

Staind is still relevant, so is Papa Roach, and also Hollywood Undead is somewhat relevant and they are classified as nu metal. If anything Korn has become irrelevant.

Maybe in the US Staind have survived more, but here in the UK they're all but completely vanished, while Papa Roach are on a steady downward slide. Korn, meanwhile, are about to release one of the most talked about metal albums of the year.

As for Hollywood Undead... let's face it, anyone taking them seriously is doing it wrong.

Once again since I was completely ignored (haha), weren't the majority of Linkin Park fans defending them and saying that they weren't nu metal? Why is it that all of a sudden it's cool to say that the old Linkin Park sucks and nu metal is dead? Isn't that contradictory?

Maybe in the US Staind have survived more, but here in the UK they're all but completely vanished, while Papa Roach are on a steady downward slide. Korn, meanwhile, are about to release one of the most talked about metal albums of the year.

As for Hollywood Undead... let's face it, anyone taking them seriously is doing it wrong.

at least in the US lots of people say Korn is the laughing stock of metal these days. and the new Korn cd is dubstep/nu metal. i wouldn't call it biggest metal album of the year cause its not that much metal (but it will be a good album)

Show me at least an example of where you believe you have heard anything remotely similar to When They Come For Me.

The first time I heard WTCFM, I instantly was reminded of

(which has a very similar structure in the endings of both songs and a similar wordless chorus) and
(which has rapped verses and a similarly heavy distorted beat). Since Mike likes NIN, I wouldn't be surprised if this song was actually an inspiration for WTCFM. Edited by leftshoe18

Exhibit E: Papa Roach is still around.

playing in a totally different style of muisc... and for that reason, yes... yes they are still around...

Once again since I was completely ignored (haha), weren't the majority of Linkin Park fans defending them and saying that they weren't nu metal? Why is it that all of a sudden it's cool to say that the old Linkin Park sucks and nu metal is dead? Isn't that contradictory?

it's contradictory yes, but to say LP were not nu-metal is pretty dumb in the first place, I've always described their early stuff as nu-metal. it's not cool to say nu-metal is dead, it's logical, look at how many bands have strayed away from it - Papa Roach (now Hard Rock), Korn (rumours of a dubstep album), Staind (who the hell even listened to them in the 1st place!?)

the only band still doing the whole nu-metal thing are Limp Bizkit (whose 2011 sonisphere performance was little more than a nostalgia act...) and Hollywood Undead (...get out...now...)

and tyo whoever said that the lyrics for Burning In The Skies were immature, *facepalm* "I'm swimming in the smoke, of bridges I have burned, so don't apologise, I'm losing what I don't deserve, what I don't deserve"

compare this to Easier To Run "something has been taken, from deep inside of me, a secret I've kept locked away, no-one can ever see, wounds so deep they never show, they never go away, like moving pictures in my head for years and years they've played"

the bottom line is, Nu-metal was mindless, homogenous and destined to die out, to which I say...

thank fuck.

If LP were to ever make another nu metal album i would most likely sell more than A Thousand Suns (as long as old fans knew about the album)

And if LP releases a pop album with all the lyrics being oh baby over and over again it would sell alot more than a new nu-metal album. Seriously, who gives a shit about sales.

And if LP releases a pop album with all the lyrics being oh baby over and over again it would sell alot more than a new nu-metal album. Seriously, who gives a shit about sales.

a lot of times people on forums bring up sales a lot

Linkin Park has sold so many albums that they are to this day and age, considered ONE OF THE HIGHEST SELLING ARTISTS OF ALL TIME. They have sold over 50 million albums on just 4 studio albums alone, in a 10 year period. So who the fuck cares if people on radio, or average 'music listeners' don't like ATS. I don't even personally like ATS. But it's what LP wanted to make. They can do whatever the hell they want at this point. The only thing that sales would effect at this point is huge tours if no one bought tickets to see them live. But people always will because they play songs from every album. So LP should do what they want, regardless of sales on a album.

sales don't matter to LP no, but what i',m saying is if they made another nu metal record and people knew about it, more people would buy it meaning that more people like the nu metal LP better than the pop LP of ATS

sales don't matter to LP no, but what i',m saying is if they made another nu metal record and people knew about it, more people would buy it meaning that more people like the nu metal LP better than the pop LP of ATS

Dude, You can't say that If they do that they would sell more album. first, you should do a research and after that you could say that. And prove that!

And another thing, how can A Thousand Suns Be more pop Than the LP from 2000's when in the 2000's they were much more commercial them they are today, i don't get when you say pop, because for me, it mean popular and if you do the math and listen to ATS, you will see that they changed. I just can't see any songs from ATS be more POP than Numb From Meteora. If you do a analise of the songs, from the past, you will notice that they used a recipe to create each song.

I can't agree with what you said because of that. they used that formula to be where they are today, they were more pop than they are today. or you are thinking that "pop = soft song", if is that the case, you are completly wrong.And im really sick of this discussion, we should move on, this is the past.

REMEMBER ALL THE SADNESS AND FRUSTRATION

AND LET IT GO!

Dude, You can't say that If they do that they would sell more album. first, you should do a research and after that you could say that. And prove that!

And another thing, how can A Thousand Suns Be more pop Than the LP from 2000's when in the 2000's they were much more commercial them they are today, i don't get when you say pop, because for me, it mean popular and if you do the math and listen to ATS, you will see that they changed. I just can't see any songs from ATS be more POP than Numb From Meteora. If you do a analise of the songs, from the past, you will notice that they used a recipe to create each song.

I can't agree with what you said because of that. they used that formula to be where they are today, they were more pop than they are today. or you are thinking that "pop = soft song", if is that the case, you are completly wrong.And im really sick of this discussion, we should move on, this is the past.

REMEMBER ALL THE SADNESS AND FRUSTRATION

AND LET IT GO!

by definition of pop meaning popular yes, their nu metal days were more pop, but by sounds inside a song i say ATS is more pop

What you just said makes no sense. Its like saying any song with vocals is the same as any other song with vocals.

no that is different, voclas always sound different. Singing is not new but vocals between songs are different. Sampleing they may use a a different sample for different songs but sampling is not new

no that is different, voclas always sound different. Singing is not new but vocals between songs are different. Sampleing they may use a a different sample for different songs but sampling is not new

Yet samples between songs are different, more so than vocals in fact. You're pretty much contradicting in your argument there.

exactly so theres nothing unique about using a speech in a song, its just a sample and other songs have used parts of speeches too before

Do you know any modern pop songs with samples of speeches in them? 'Cause I certainly don't.