A Thousand Suns Songbook On Sale

LPxDC

From an email from linkinpark.com :

Get the A Thousand Suns Songbook And A FREE T-Shirt!

Stop by the official webstore and pick up the new A Thousand Suns Songbook today!

Arranged for piano, vocals, and guitar, this songbook features note-for-note transcriptions for songs off of Linkin Park's latest album.

Don't forget, the Linkin Park Official Webstore is also giving away a FREE t-shirt when you buy two or more of greater or equal value. This offer will expire on September 6, so hurry over and shop today!

Who's going to pick this up?

Astat? :)

Most definitely not...I think I've posted a rant about the quality of "official" songbooks before, lol.

Yeah, forget about bass guitar... great job

I guarantee bass will be in there. "Guitar" in transcription terms usually includes any stringed instrument that isn't played with a bow.

oh, I've had this book for almost a week now. I'm still going through it.

The piano and guitar are all mashed up together in a new arrangement that allows a solo person to play the song. If you wanted to play it exactly how the band does, you could piece it back together from what's written, but it doesn't give the original arrangements explicitly. bass is not (explicitly) in the book.

It's unlike the HT/Meteora books which (i think, if i remember right) was just guitar and bass and they were separate and more like how the band actually played it. Also unlike the old books, it is all classical style notes. There are no guitar tabs since this isn't just a guitar book.

EDIT EDIT: the shipping on linkinpark.com is outrageous. I got this from Amazon.

Edited by KATHYxx

oh, I've had this book for almost a week now. I'm still going through it.

The piano and guitar are all mashed up together in a new arrangement that allows a solo person to play the song. If you wanted to play it exactly how the band does, you could piece it back together from what's written, but it doesn't give the original arrangements explicitly. bass is not (explicitly) in the book.

It's unlike the HT/Meteora books which (i think, if i remember right) was just guitar and bass and they were separate and more like how the band actually played it. Also unlike the old books, it is all classical style notes. There are no guitar tabs since this isn't just a guitar book.

EDIT EDIT: the shipping on linkinpark.com is outrageous. I got this from Amazon.

That type of transcription probably makes more sense for ATS anyway, since the instrumental portion of the album is a collage of all kinds of random stuff. The guitar/bass pop in and out so randomly that a full tab transcription would probably make the book more bloated than it needs to be, since there would be a crapload of full-measure rests in a lot of songs.

Or maybe they just finally gave up and realized that I do guitar tabs better than anybody they've paid to do transcriptions for them. Yeah, I'll go with that. :lol: