30.06.2011 - Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter

On the 30th, Linkin Park plays one of the top five largest music festivals in Europe - Rock Werchter in Werchter, Belgium at Festivalpark. The band first played in Belgium on March 20th, 2001 in Deinze (show page here) while on the Deftones' European Tour. There are two pretty good audio recordings of that show floating around so check them out; request them on the forum in the audio section if you need them and someone will hook you up! This is the first performance in the country in over TEN years and only the second time for Linkin Park in the country - the first time headlining. Wow!

This tour, like most European Tours these days, has seen LP play in several countries either for the first time ever or for the first time in a long time. Their last show at the Hove Festival in Ardenal, Norway was their first time playing in Norway. Sweden received a show for the first time in four years, Finland and Italy received one for the first time in three, and Belgium will have one for the first time in a decade. Impressive! I like how the band is slowly getting everywhere on the globe... hopefully places like South Africa, New Zealand, Mexico and India see them before too long.

Speaking of Norway, here is a great proshot video from their last show of 'Papercut' and 'Lying From You'. Check out Mike descending from the stairs for the start of the song! I haven't seen that since

(although I'm sure it's been done since then, haha).

We actually don't have a setlist for the Hove Festival show yet since that fest is still going on and there aren't many Norwegian LP fans on the English fansites, but I'm sure we'll get it before too long. All of the info we've gotten so far point to the same set that Donington (show page here) got.

The lineup for Rock Werchter indicates the band is not the last one on the Main Stage...a first for this tour I believe. Opening for Linkin Park will be OFWGKTA, Seasick Steve, The Hives, Anouk, Queens Of The Stone Age. Playing after them are The Chemical Brothers. The 30th is the first day of the festival, with Arsenal headlining on Friday, Coldplay on Saturday and The Black Eyed Peas on Sunday.

Linkin Park plays three shows in a row for the only time on this tour and for the second time on this touring cycle. In 2010 it was done with Herning, Zürich, and Frankfurt. On July 1st they play the Main Square Festival in Arras, France and on the 2nd they play OpenAir St. Gallen in St. Gallen, Switzerland. After that, the tour closes out at the Roundhouse in London on July 4th for the iTunes Festival. We know a lot of you have been trying to get tickets for that show so that intimate show should be a great way to end the tour! 2011's touring info can be found here.

Setlist-wise it seems like LP will stay with their festival sets for these three shows and likely do a full show (meaning with an encore) in London. Who's going to Rock Werchter? M&G anyone? Is anyone updating us with the setlist in realtime?

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance

15. Breaking The Habit

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

I'm going! First time ever tonight. Won't be able to update the setlist tonight but I'll definately post it here if that hasn't been done yet. Now I have to leave (car is waiting), it's a long trip to Belgium!

Have fun, enjoy the show!

Im going to! also wont be able to tweet the setlist or something..hopefully i remember everything! And for Rock Werchter, they sometimes put a dance act AFTER the headliner, so Linkin Park is the headliner for today, and Kings of Leon for tomorrow. Ah what the hell, its going te be awesome!

The band just denied the webcast.

lol epic. It's not KROQ, that's why! :P

I can't even tell you how many webcast or TV recordings of LP we'd have over the years if they'd just do it for every show it's offered at.... *cough*Rockamgoddamnring2007*cough*

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Wisdom Justice and Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance

15. Breaking The Habit

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

same set as it was at the Hove Festival

C_NO ENCORE

EDIT:

first video:

What I've Done

first pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sucre06

I'm still trying to comprehend where Mike appeared from at the top of those stairs.

Ninja Shinoda! Hes sneaking in yo windows. Snatchin yo people up.

Oh yeah, I totally just brought Antoine Jackson back from the dead.

First of all, that was me tweeting. Second, I'm really really sorry the feed dropped out after a while, but my battery died somewhere around Iridiscent/Numb (I had to make do with one bar [out of seven] for the entire LP show). My last tweet was placed from my sister's old phone - thank whatever deity for free Megabytes. Luckily I somewhat remembered the No Encore set. There was indeed no drum solo nor any RME. A girl asked for High Voltage during the M&G but sadly Mike did not want to do it.

Thanx, it's great. Today will be a wonderful night. :D

Janne Van Rompaey, this man looks like you.

He isn't your brother ? ;)

You look like, really.

Do I really? :blink:

LOL :) Maybe!!

They need to do a C7 no encore set at one of these festivals....play Blackout.

Long lost brothers, are we, Mark? :lol:

Is it just me or do Linkin Park tours become pretty boring after the first few shows? :P

Yeah they really do lol.

This is why I like to follow Dave Matthews Band. Best live guide ever - http://dmbalmanac.com/

They just did a 3 day festival where they didn't repeat a single song once. 66 different songs throughout 3 days. That's epic. They change the set each night completely, add in really really old stuff randomly, etc. So much fun to follow. The official website puts up the setlist in real-time too and the community is much larger so it's a lot easier.