LPUX failing miserably?

Rob_Wilson

Right, so LPUX has been going for what, 5/6 months now? Apart from the album release show and a couple of LPU summits what has actually changed for the better? It costs twice as much and still nothing justifies its price. The merch is still exactly the same as was put up about 4/5 months ago and still no LPUX t-shirt exists. I'm completely bemused how this is more like access to their inner circle it seems more like access to the inner lining of topspin/linkin park's wallet :/ I know it's an old topic but I thought halfway through this, the tenth year of the club that was to be amazingly special is just a complete fail and it seems like the bands pushed itself away from its fans rather than pulled them further in - the last chat for instance brad answered 3 questions and then left and someone else was typing answers for him...seriously we need to find some way of pointing out to the band they're pissing people off and are rapdily losing respect from the LPU - there's only so long adam and jess can keep saying they have big stuff in store for LPU before everyone eventually realises and I don't think it will end well :/

Anyone else care to enlighten me as to what they think a good course of action may be - this isn't intended to be a 'list all the problems with the lpu' but something has to be done 'cause $60 for literally nothing is a complete disgrace!

Edited by Rob_Wilson

i'm SO glad i bought the best ever shirt nl LPU4 last year when i was still a member. The problem is that since it's so damn expensive with no tangible reward people tend to not join. The new LPUX is aimed at live rewards instead of merch, problem with that is that LP tours only so many places regularly thus alienating most of the once loyal LPU members. No incentive no join.

They need to somehow make it worth it to people like me who never have and probably never will be able to see them live.

In my opinion, the $60 dollar price-tag has not yet been justified. Not everyone can make it to an LPU summit one day of the year somewhere in their country.

Concert pre-sales? already had those. band chats? already had those, except the quality has even gone down because the chats aren't really moderated anymore. it's just a bunch of spam/stupid questions with snarky answers from the band members. LPUX CD? Already had LPU CD's.

As for the OP's question, I have no idea what they should do. I know what I'd *like* them to do: Give us some b-sides (full b-sides, the rough instrumental demos are cool but they have more "complete" songs lying around). A monthly release maybe? I'm not sure 12 songs from the vault a year would justify a double in price, but maybe since they're exclusive unreleased songs it would be worth it. I know I'd have no hesitations paying 60 bucks for that.

Edit: Though apparently something good should be coming for the LPU soonish that will make it worth it.

Edited by Xero21

I really wish I never signed up for LPUX to be honest. I was one of the very first members, I joined to get Pretend To Be and I I thought it was awesome. I didn't know that after about 5-6 months we would still have no LPU website, no new material, no new merch, no exclusive videos, nothing. I didn't even get a meet and greet and I tried for 4 different shows that I went to. I'm extremely disappointed in the LPU, it was once a great website and I have been a member since 2005.. I miss it.

I really wish I never signed up for LPUX to be honest. I was one of the very first members, I joined to get Pretend To Be and I I thought it was awesome. I didn't know that after about 5-6 months we would still have no LPU website, no new material, no new merch, no exclusive videos, nothing. I didn't even get a meet and greet and I tried for 4 different shows that I went to. I'm extremely disappointed in the LPU, it was once a great website and I have been a member since 2005.. I miss it.

+1 I have gotten absolutely nothing out of LPUX so far...

Edit: Though apparently something good should be coming for the LPU soonish that will make it worth it.

Just quoting this so everyone gets a chance to see it. I don't know anything more about it, but apparently LPUX may redeem itself yet.

we did warn you....

Implementing such drastic changes was always going to take time and effort. And as we all know LPU ain't known to put effort into anything.

Just quoting this so everyone gets a chance to see it. I don't know anything more about it, but apparently LPUX may redeem itself yet.

and if it does it will be for the few select people who can reach the band, that i can promise you

Edited by GraDoN

and if it does it will be for the few select people who can reach the band, that i can promise you

I don't think it's related to the live setting/meeting the band. Though that's a complete assumption since really I have no idea what it is.

They dropped a couple of things. They raised the price tag. If none of that sounded great to you, then why join? It's not like they forced you to pay for the membership. It's hard to sympathize with people who whine about it based on that alone.

I think i got my money's worth out of it. I didn't get any M&G but that's my luck going to two shows that are in big cities with many fans which reduced my chances. I attended the summit which was worth it to me. Everything else is a bonus. I don't really care for having a website since all that happens is fans bitching about the club no one forced them to join anyways. I joined the fanclub fully aware that i might not get a M&G. Might not be able to attend a single summit. Might not be available for any chat due to bad luck. May not be able to take advantage of the presale due to any unforeseen circumstances. But i joined anyways because i wanted to and who knew if sometime during the year of my membership, i may be able to get something out of it. Plus, i wanted that presale to the album release show in NY back in September and that was it.

thing is some people like me joined in the past and wanted to join because of all the cool merch we got. Now people still want to be apart of it and support the band even though i have no idea how much they actually get from this, people outside summit reach just feels like they can no longer be apart of something they really want to be apart of.

They dropped a couple of things. They raised the price tag. If none of that sounded great to you, then why join? It's not like they forced you to pay for the membership. It's hard to sympathize with people who whine about it based on that alone.

I'm not whining as such - as I said in the intro it's not a topic to bitch about the lpu it's to discuss what's wrong and what may be done to improve it from its current dormant self. The summit in london fell over 2 days in which I had an exam and an essay due in. They also announced it extremely late so that planning it was a bit awkward in so far as travel arrangements, but I was lucky enough to get a meet and greet a few days before though that was from my lpu9 membership. The only thing I will say is the lack of consistency with the m&gs in manchester there were probably 35-40+ people, in australia there were max of about 10. Now obviously two sides to this argument - they don't visit australia as much so why are so few people let into the m&g, but in the same vein why in a country that they visit so much do they rush fans through to see as many people as possible. Don't get me wrong that is one of the days of my life that I will never forget, but the amount of times I've thought if I'd just had an extra 2 minutes I might not have frozen in front of one or two members of the band. In germany it seemed more like a q and a which was great and then when I got in there it couldn't have been further from it :/ but as I said it's a day I'll never forget.

Basically lack of consistency in general from the lpu on all fronts and hopefully this big thing they're going to announce (that's been coming for ages!) is good :/

in australia there were max of about 10. Now obviously two sides to this argument - they don't visit australia as much so why are so few people let into the m&g,

They do actually come here quite often, but they have been to Brisbane like.. 4 or 5 times. and have plenty of shows for everyone. I dont know anyone here that acutally says they dont like Linkin Park, and the numbers which come to the concert is pretty good. ANYWAYS IM SO OFF TOPIC.

I hope LPUX have something coming, because it hasnt been the best LPU year (apart from the Summits and stuff) I was put off by the high price this year. I dont think they should have raised it to $60. should have been like $45 or something.

Only my opinion of course.

the biggest joke (imo) is that there is no LPU only site anymore. you can't even few your account details anymore...like when is your expiration date etc..

It's just like: "I pay 60 $....now I have to wait for an summit near me."