LPUX failing miserably?

Rob_Wilson

After thinking about it for a long while, I've come to the conclusion that the LPU would've been just fine if they had added the LPU Summits (and stuff like the ATS album release show/laser show) to the previously existing site/membership/"experience." I would've even been fine with them jacking the price up for that. My problem with the new LPU isn't the cost or the fact that the Summits aren't accessible to a lot of LPU members, it's the fact that they completely fucked up everything that was already good about the old LPU.

90% of the LPU9 membership was stuff that didn't need to be addressed whatsoever - what came with the membership, what the website consisted of, what kind of opportunities were presented to members throughout the year. All LPU needed to do was fix some nagging issues (the outdated technical support system that never got you anywhere, the fact that the e-mail system still didn't work for some members, and the login system being a bit complicated), and preferably come up with a way to bring the band closer to their fans (which they accomplished with LPUX - the Summits, the video chat, and the improved M&G system are all great). There was no reason to mess with anything else. If it ain't broke, don't fix it - well, they went and "fixed" just about everything.

If LPU were to revert back to the pre-LPUX website/system and retain all the new stuff that was introduced this year, I would gladly drop $60 on a membership tomorrow.

think its kinda ridiculous the cd isnt even included in the $60...

I agree. I still haven't got around to buying a hard copy of the CD yet...I eventually will order it because I have multiple HTEP's and 2.0-9.0 on physical CDs.