Chester & Mike: Post-Australia Interview

hahninator

MTV Australia caught up with Chester and Mike earlier this month about their Australian leg of the "A Thousand Suns" touring cycle. A few highlights from the short interview:

MTV: You've just finished touring here Down Under – how did it go?

Chester: For me personally, the first couple of shows on this tour were pretty rough. I felt very kind of disconnected and just off, I wasn't feeling very well and I almost was compelled to send out like a public apology of some kind on Twitter. But then I was like, no, I don’t want to do that because it's part of what we do.

MTV: You famously teamed up with Jay-Z in the past, any more collaborations in the pipeline?

Chester: What's special about that stuff is that it's all been very spontaneous and not planned and that's what makes it so good I think. So we're definitely open to doing things, I think we've got a couple of ideas in the works, but they’re not solid so I don’t like jinxing those kinds of things.

But we do have some interesting ideas floating around, so our die hard fans who look forward to that kind of stuff, there's going to be some stuff coming in the pipeline.

Read the full interview here. Sorry for posting this a bit late!

What do you guys think Chester is referring to with the "interesting ideas"? Another collaboration (Jay-Z @ Madison Square Garden again)? Busta Rhymes?

I hope so. I enjoyed the guests on stage for PR08. Maybe a Pendulum collab on The Catalyst or something. That'd be cool. I like the special stuff at like NYC and stuff but I also really like the collabs that are possible at each show of the tour.

Interesting die hard fans comment. APFMH? :P

MTV: You famously teamed up with Jay-Z in the past, any more collaborations in the pipeline?

Chester: What's special about that stuff is that it's all been very spontaneous and not planned and that's what makes it so good I think. So we're definitely open to doing things, I think we've got a couple of ideas in the works, but they’re not solid so I don’t like jinxing those kinds of things.

But we do have some interesting ideas floating around, so our die hard fans who look forward to that kind of stuff, there's going to be some stuff coming in the pipeline.

This is the interresting paragraph which makes me hope for a badass LP Live year 2011. Don't let me be disappointed again please :( APFMH should be possible, QWERTY in my eyes too, anything else? RME, F.09, P5hng (still?)

Let it be true! :)

They need to collaborate with a big name like Kanye or Lil Wayne, not a has been like Busta or been-there like Jay. Ultimately I'd like "Reanimation" 2. :)

lil wayne sucks Edited by blakebeats

I'm with Chester. Spontaneity is so much better than repeating your past steps and ideas. I want something totally new that i don't see coming.

I can't wait to see them on the 26th. And that sucks that Chester wasn't feeling very well in the beginning of the tour. He knows how to hide stuff.

Chester: For me personally, the first couple of shows on this tour were pretty rough. I felt very kind of disconnected and just off, I wasn't feeling very well and I almost was compelled to send out like a public apology of some kind on Twitter. But then I was like, no, I don't want to do that because it's part of what we do.

What does Chester mean by that last sentence?

Edited by Jozzie

Damn not exactly what I would of considered an Aus tour wrap up interview. Maybe some highlights moments or talking about the summit. Over even mentioning me, brad Or Lewis would of been great!

They need to collaborate with a big name like Kanye or Lil Wayne, not a has been like Busta or been-there like Jay. Ultimately I'd like "Reanimation" 2. :)

NO LIL' WAYNE. This guy became shit recently.

Kanye Might be decent.

Good Rappers/Rap Groups to make a collaboration:

1. Nas (The best rapper alive)

2. The Game

3. Lupe Fiasco

4. Jedi Mind Tricks

5. Jedi Mind Tricks' Army of the Pharaohs would even be better because some Fort Minor-related artist are members of that super group

8. Three 6 Mafia

7. KRS-One

8. Eminem (might be a small chance, though)

9. Kid Cudi

10. Wiz Khalifa?

Why do they need to collaborate with any rappers period? I think Linkin Park is quite capable of producing their own rap and hip-hop if they wanted to go in that direction without having any guest artist and it would sound cooler because it would have LP's spin on it. Anything else would be just cliche at this point.

Why do they need to collaborate with any rappers period? I think Linkin Park is quite capable of producing their own rap and hip-hop if they wanted to go in that direction without having any guest artist and it would sound cooler because it would have LP's spin on it. Anything else would be just cliche at this point.

agreed.