2011 North American Tour: Free DSP's!

hahninator

Linkin Park just posted on their Facebook page the following message....

"As a thank you to our fans, every ticket to our 2011 North American Tour comes with an audio download of that night's show. The tour starts next week. See you out there."

ArtistDirect.com adds, "Fans will simply send a text to a short code that will be displayed at each venue, and a link to the download will be emailed to them following the concert."

"The energy we get from our fans is what makes a great show," said bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell. "We wanted to show our appreciation by giving that experience back to them."

I'd like to point out that this is certainly not the first time the band's generosity has been shown to their fans. In 2008, they ate all the service fees on tickets that we hate so much for LPUnderground fan club members. A flash back to that... "As a thank you to our fan club, we're picking up part of the tab for their tickets to this summer's Projekt Revolution," says Linkin Park co-frontman Mike Shinoda. "We'll be paying the service charge on fanclub pre-sale tickets, which will save each fan roughly $8-11. Our fan club has been incredibly loyal and supportive, and we hope this gesture lets them know how much we appreciate them." Read more about that here).

See all available 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and soon-to-be 2011 shows that the band has released as a part of their live CD program (2007-2008) and Digital Souvenir Package (DSP: mp3s and pictures of the shows) program (2008-current) here. They all go for just $9.99 a piece. Earlier in the touring cycle, it was announced that all LP shows on the "A Thousand Suns" touring cycle will be released as DSP's. This may exclude certain festivals as it has in the past (mainly due to contracts), but all headlining shows and some festivals will be released!

Thanks guys for the continued support of the fans!

I know this will probably get me a warning, but is there anything preventing the sharing of said code?

Not that I know of. I wonder *exactly* how this works. I'll be going to the first 3 shows so I'll have more info for you on that when the time times.

It could be one code for everyone that we can all share, very possible.

Very possible that they'll allow us to share these just from this tour on LPLive again! That'd be so nice. I'll ask if we can :D

Why would they? This is the same system that was in place on the European tour (and also something that was already announced 2 months ago). You still have to buy the show from downloads.linkinpark.com if you didn't go to the show, they're just including the DSP with every ticket purchase.

The DSP was included in the price of the ticket, why the hell else would they cost so fucking much for a three band show, 2 out of which absolutely blow...

It's no more "free" than "free" delivery from appliance stores or furniture stores, it's built into the price...

Although if the band says it's ok (enter Adam), than that's cool.

Not that I know of. I wonder *exactly* how this works. I'll be going to the first 3 shows so I'll have more info for you on that when the time times.

I know I saw something awhile back about a code being displayed at each show that would get you your download. In that case the codes will probably end up spreading.

it does go both ways, it's a good thing to give them for free to concert goers, but not if the tickets are so expensive that they really already include them. I would love to see them live but every man has his price, and at times likes these the price people are willing to pay tends to be lower. LP needs to watch that they dont become too expensive for the everyday joe, like U2 touring here in a few weeks the prices are waaay more than most people can dream to afford.

That said i hope they give one awesome american tour this year.

I know this will probably get me a warning, but is there anything preventing the sharing of said code?

Not likely but I'd like to know how you send away for a code. If its via sms that may exclude all LPLivers outside of USA. email on the otherhand would work rather nicely!

I know I saw something awhile back about a code being displayed at each show that would get you your download. In that case the codes will probably end up spreading.

without a doubt :)

it does go both ways, it's a good thing to give them for free to concert goers, but not if the tickets are so expensive that they really already include them. I would love to see them live but every man has his price, and at times likes these the price people are willing to pay tends to be lower. LP needs to watch that they dont become too expensive for the everyday joe, like U2 touring here in a few weeks the prices are waaay more than most people can dream to afford.

That said i hope they give one awesome american tour this year.

When U2 came to Aus their standing tix in some areas were more than that of LPs. In saying that U2 played stadiums and provided cheap prices for crap seats. Tix ranged from $40ish bucks to the few hundreds. That does help to make tix more afforable. I don't know how things are in South Africa but prices may have had to be raised for security reasons or to make the tour economically viable (I read that it costs $85,000 a day while on the road even if not playing that day). Sometimes this is just the cost of bringing bands out to some countries.

Chester encouraged on an interview with 89XFM Radio today to share DSPS

"You can go online and you can take all that stuff and you can like share it with your friends and you can swap pieces from another show whatever, whatever your want! we encourage that stuff."

on a side note how much are tickets to the us shows?

Edited by Tomer

Chester encouraged on an interview with 89XFM Radio today to share DSPS

"You can go online and you can take all that stuff and you can like share it with your friends and you can swap pieces from another show whatever, whatever your want! we encourage that stuff."

on a side note how much are tickets to the us shows?

Around $80.

And I laugh every time I see that we've apparently got these codes for "free". The extra $10 in my ticket price tells me otherwise.

So all the non-US fans need to relax. Really if this turns out like I think it will, we're getting screwed a bit for having to pay an extra $10, while these DSPs will probably be available for free.