Queensland, Australia Floods - HELP

shadowfax1007

wow mate, i live down here in melbourne, so, take the next flight here and ill tell you what ill flood? your fuckin lungs with blood.

'You will get through it', yeah try saying that to someone thats lost a loved one or their home,

you post the most unneeded comment on a post trying to reach out for help, we dont need your bullshit.

He has apologized.....so peace......

did you post a thread about it?

Point!!!

no i did not. bunch of you guys dont even know where the fcuk Poland is :P

As for the thread i always try to help by donating some $ so it's not like i don't care or something ;)

Kinda trying to understand why other countries are more important than other (i mean all the infos @ the news etc.) Flood here, flood there, please help. Well, there was no info when Poland got hit. And it was 2nd time. Try to figure out a situation when there is no way out from your city cause everything around is under water. Nothing to talk about? Yeah right...And i dont have to post about that cause it's not a news page.

Over in New Zealand, we have all been watching and praying. It's on the headlines of every newspaper and every news bulletin and everyday looks just as devastating.

I don't have a credit card (or much money left at all, for that matter) but I will talk to the family about donating and until then, my thoughts and prayers are with Queensland and Melbourne.

I dont want to look like an asshole but last year brought massive floods in Poland, my city was flooded as well. No one talked about that....

when did this become a pissing contest? did you know that over 75% of the state of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone. This flooded area is bigger than the American states of Claifornia and Texas combined! Also interesting to note is that Queensland is over 5.5 times the size of poland.

Edited by kurtis912

Thanks to everyone who has donated! It's truly appreciated.

More photos, footage and even interactive before/after shots can be found here.

And come on guys, enough with the nastiness. The thread is about helping people, not about shooting people down or comparing who has it worse.

Really? We're going to fight about helping people? Come on guys...

+1

While everyone sits here and and bitches and moans about this my close family have to basically leave everything behind and evacuate because water will be destroying their home.

Real nice guys.

+1 While everyone sits here and and bitches and moans about this my close family have to basically leave everything behind and evacuate because water will be destroying their home. Real nice guys.

Best of luck to your family Pez! Aus flood update: New South Wales and Victoria are flooded in areas too. Biggest natural disaster in Aus history, and like New Orleans, will take many years to recover from.. Edited by kurtis912

Good news, water levels are gradually going down. But we still need all the support we can get to help get Brisbane and all other affected areas in Queensland back on their feet again - regardless. A 13 year old kid had to sacrifice himself to save his 10 year old brother instead of him... things are starting to get very heartbreaking. If you are any kind of human being you will donate. I know people who have been in danger/are in danger

Pez, I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you and your family make it through this ok.

Edited by DJIntensity

Chucked some money in at the post office, on the bus and at the soccer might chuck some more in later. Also gonna donate to Haiti, anyone know if there's anywhere to donate online for the Brazillian mudslides?

massive loss of life? Good grief, last time i heard 9 people died. Any loss is big but really some poor countries lose thousands in flooding and lose hundreds of thousands of homes, and the governments are too poor and corrupt to do anything. Australia is a very wealthy and well organized country, as expensive as this flood will be, you will get through it.

Posted Image

I posted your message on my blog, so I hope that the people who see it there donate as well. Natural disasters are always horrible wherever they are, and instead of complaining about the lack of help you got, you could just take this as a motivation to help others who suffer, too.

To anyone who is affected by the flood in Australia, I wish you lots of luck and support!