Chicago LPU Summit Details Released

Ree

Details of the upcoming International LPU Summit in Chicago have been released HERE

OPTIONAL DAY ONE ACTIVITIES - JANUARY 25

LPU Basketball Tournament at Local YMCA

LPU members will meet at the Irving Park YMCA to compete against each other in the first LPU basketball tournament. All LPU members are invited including Annual, Monthly, and LPU9. You don't need to have a pass for the LPU Summit to join us for this game.

Location: Irving Park YMCA - 4251 W Irving Park Rd Chicago, IL 60641 (Near the Irving Park Blue Line stop on the L)

Time: 12-2pm

Space is limited for this event. You MUST RSVP for this event if you would like to attend. Click HERE to RSVP and reserve your spot. Note, you must be 14 or older to attend this event. If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must be there to sign a waiver for you.

Ice Skating in Millennium Park

Meet up with other LPU members at Millennium Park in downtown Chicago for a night of ice skating. All LPU members are invited including Annual, Monthly, and LPU9. You don't need to have a pass for the LPU Summit to join us for this game. Feel free to bring a friend.

Location: Millennium Park Ice Rink - 55 North Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60602 (Near the Madison/Wabash stop on the L)

Time: 6-8pm

Cost: FREE to skate, $10 for skate rentals if you don't have your own.

Let us know if you'll be attending this. Go HERE then click "Will Attend" to let us know you'll be joining us.

DAY TWO - JANUARY 26

Music For Relief Pre-Summit Event

Use your artistic skills to give back with Music for Relief.Come early to design and create t-shirts to be sent to earthquake survivors in Haiti. This event is optional but we encourage you to come support Music For Relief.

Time: 10:30am – 12:00pm

Space is limited for this event. You MUST RSVP for this event if you would like to attend. Click HERE to RSVP and reserve your spot.

MAIN SUMMIT EVENT

Time: 12:00pm check in

Main Summit event to include:

-Q&A session with Linkin Park

-Opportunity to walk the Linkin Park stage and take photos, backstage tours, or crew bus tour

-LPU Raffle: Prizes include meet & Greet with Linkin Park, photo with the band, dressing room tour led by member of Linkin Park, and more

-LPU Auction for exclusive and signed Linkin Park merchandise

-LPU Summit laminate

-Watch a pre-show sound check

-First entry to the concert venue (concert tickets not included)

-Meet and hang out with LPU members from the around the world

Reserve your spot now at http://lpu.linkinpark.com/summit-chicago. Annual LPUX members are invited to attend for FREE.

Source: linkinpark.com

Awesome!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this one!

Too bad I can't go to it :(

Hopefully you can go to one next time!

I'm suprised they still have tickets left. I wonder how many LPU members will be attending this one.

I think LPLive was a TINY late on this? ;) . Just messing. I did see it on the LPU site yesterday though. Anyway, this is cool. I already made all the travel reservations and...unfortunately...I'm going to miss most of the stuff on day one. Oh well. At least it's not something totally unmissable.

Well members of LPL can make posts on "Got News" so you could have posted it in there :P

Enjoy the summit! Both days look awesome.

Ana - I agree, the MFR event sounds fun! :D

I really wish it was going. TBH Im not surprised to see the tickets havent sold out. I wish i was but ill be happy with seeing the band in NYC/DC. Have fun everybody that is going. Hopefully we see pics of people wearing LPLive shirts ;)

If all goes well and nothing comes out of left field that absolutely calls for priority over any sort of fun in my life such as my BASW program, then i am all set to go and will see you guys who can make it there. Should be interesting. :)

This isnt really related but I have no clue where to ask it.

If im going to a normal show and get there early and volunteer for Music For Relief, will they provide tickets and I not have to buy any?

I ask this because I don't want to buy tickets and get there and volunteer and they give us tickets.

This isnt really related but I have no clue where to ask it.

If im going to a normal show and get there early and volunteer for Music For Relief, will they provide tickets and I not have to buy any?

I ask this because I don't want to buy tickets and get there and volunteer and they give us tickets.

It is my understanding that if you were selected and confirmed to be a volunteer for the show, then you will be able to watch the LP set, for free, when you are finished with the Music For Relief work...you will miss the opening band though.

+5000000. You know, after reading this, I'm really wondering why they had it in Chicago at all. Why not New York, D.C., or LA?

Chicago is right in the middle of the country. If they had it on one of the coasts, even more people would be unable to attend the show.

I will miss day one because my flight to Chicago doesn't arrive until 7:55 pm that day, but I will be there in full force on day two. On a side note in the part of the email that has the link to see starting bids for the auction items is anyone else getting page not found when you click on the link?

Chicago is right in the middle of the country. If they had it on one of the coasts, even more people would be unable to attend the show.

What the hell are you talking about? Chicago is definitely not in the middle of the country. Have you looked at a map? It's more northeast and further away for people coming from the far west. All the LP fans who live in the northeast region of the country have no trouble getting there and don't have to spend much to get there if they flew. And even if the aim had been to have the summit in the middle of the northern continent so that the Canadian fans could come too, it still is far from being in the middle by a long shot.

What the hell are you talking about? Chicago is definitely not in the middle of the country. Have you looked at a map? It's more northeast and further away for people coming from the far west. All the LP fans who live in the northeast region of the country have no trouble getting there and don't have to spend much to get there if they flew. And even if the aim had been to have the summit in the middle of the northern continent so that the Canadian fans could come too, it still is far from being in the middle by a long shot.

Chicago is pretty much in the middle. It's also a major city.

And yes, I have looked at a map.

I will miss day one because my flight to Chicago doesn't arrive until 7:55 pm that day, but I will be there in full force on day two. On a side note in the part of the email that has the link to see starting bids for the auction items is anyone else getting page not found when you click on the link?

Same here only i'm taking a bus that will be arriving at 8:45 pm blah. oh well I would have loved to play in the basketball tourney!