One Song That Sums Up Linkin Park?

FearOfTheDuck

In The End.

I chose this song for several reasons. Sonically, because it shows their perfect balance of electronica, rock, and hip-hop. It uses glitched vocals at some points which sheds light on their remix projects. I also chose it lyrically, because in the first three albums (mainly the first two), the lyrics were based off of everyday human struggles.

In The End.

I chose this song for several reasons. Sonically, because it shows their perfect balance of electronica, rock, and hip-hop. It uses glitched vocals at some points which sheds light on their remix projects. I also chose it lyrically, because in the first three albums (mainly the first two), the lyrics were based off of everyday human struggles.

I was going to choose In the End, but then decided that it doesn't represent the band's heavy side well enough.

I was going to choose In the End, but then decided that it doesn't represent the band's heavy side well enough.

The problem is, I don't think the band really has a heavy side. You can consider some of the work on Minutes to Midnight, but they always incoporated screaming into tracks with rap in them, making the track itself balanced with different styles.

I agree with the choice of In the End since it blends most of what the band is known for into one neat package.

Another good choice would be Forgotten. It has some melody to it in the verses, get's heavy in the chorus, and contains rapping, singing, and screaming.

New Divide

It describes Linkin Park non-stopping music and idea activity, they're crossing all new borders that stay before them, they always achieve something new, create new things, realise their great ideas. So I sum up Linkin Park with this song, their life is always non-stop, chaotic like the song's rhythm ;)

What if this was a demo title for Empty Spaces? That could still work haha.

Empty Spaces - shows the atmospheric build up, progressive characteristics, and emotion of their latest work.

This is how I see it.

Empty Spaces sums up the band because they like ripping their fans off. In this case making a 10 second clip a track.

I joke I joke

Because Foreward was when LP was in their fucking prime. Deep water rushes in; hear dripping to the ground. Random hit comes out of nowhere..... another... another. building up.. *blam!* Don't Stay

Empty Spaces:

Crickets come chirping in; spanish talking. Random bombs come out of nowhere....another....another....buidling up..*blam!* When They Come For Me.

It's Foreword Pt. 2

Edited by leftshoe18

I don't get why Empty Spaces gets so much hate, yet nobody ever mentions Foreword in a negative light.

I think it's because Foreword is the intro to an album with no interludes, whereas Empty Spaces is merely a tiny link in an album full of interludes. I've actually put Empty Spaces and When They Come for Me together on iTunes because Empty Spaces just sounds weird otherwise.

I don't get why Empty Spaces gets so much hate, yet nobody ever mentions Foreword in a negative light.

For me, several reasons.

Foreword was placed at the top of Meteora, meaning you get it over with. Plus, it blends well in Don't Stay.

Empty Spaces was the JUST THE FOURTH TRACK on the album, and already THE THIRD INTERLUDE. It seems like it took over three minutes just to hear a full song, and you had to get back to the interludes. The transition from BITS is smooth, but WTCFM ruins all of the "build-up". No matter what you say, it is useless. Serves no purpose at all. "oh but liek d00d you can hear it underneath wtcfm". Exactly. We don't need two copies, making it even more useless.

Edited by Mystery