27.10.2010 - Köln, Germany

hahninator

Today Linkin Park plays their fourth German show of the tour and the ninth overall show of the World Tour in Köln, Germany at LANXESS Arena. LP is no stranger to Köln, playing there in 2008 on their winter tour. Something interesting about that show is that it was the live debut of "In Between" and the debut of a brand new setlist for the band that they used throughout the winter. For those familiar enough, it's the same set they used at the legendary Madison Square Garden show later on that tour. The band also played in the city in March of 2001 with the Deftones (show page here) and then headlined the Palladium later that year (show page here), making this their fourth full show there. You can count another appearance with their 2007 'What I've Done' TV performance (show page here) too.

Dortmund didn't have 'A Place For My Head', but instead of singing 'Burning In The Skies' over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out' like he usually does, Mike rapped verse 1 of 'A Place For My Head' over it. Interesting!

The few questions for today are as follows: Will Mike rap any other verses over 'Bleed It Out' on the tour? Remember, he has rapped the first verse of 'Reading My Eyes' over the bridge once before (and over the intro once). Will 'A Place For My Head' return this year? Maybe at London? Will they randomly play any other songs? And will they change the setlist at all for either London night? What do you think?

Who's going to Köln? I've been really surprised with how fast YouTube videos and pictures pop up from the shows, so nice job with that. Keep up the good work, haha. This is a great tour with a great setlist! Does anyone have any highlights from recent shows that you like? Post them in a reply!

And lastly, here is an audio rip of the Dortmund show. Thanks franticfreak!

After a day off, the band heads to Hamburg and then Herning, Denmark for two shows in a row. The rest of the 2010 tour dates can be found here.

SETLIST: (Live updates courtesy of SpikeMinoda)

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches and Kings

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

----------------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. Leave Out All The Rest

23. In The End (Chester in the crowd from the bridge until the end)

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out (Ext. intro) (Bridge w/ BITS chorus by Mike & Chaz)

'Papercut' was swapped out for 'Lying From You' and 'The Messenger' swapped out for 'Leave Out All The Rest'!

Word on the street is that the band did these unrehearsed!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really know where to put this so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. This guy, galvanization85, has excellent quality videos of Linz. I figured that this deserves some attention.

Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me:

Waiting For The End:

He has the whole concert. I just used these two as an example.

I don't really know where to put this so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. This guy, galvanization85, has excellent quality videos of Linz. I figured that this deserves some attention.

Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me:

Waiting For The End:

He has the whole concert. I just used these two as an example.

I know and in fact of this I've made a multi-cam full concert of Linz

including this and other HD sources

Will we have some changes of songs from Meteora and HT? Or just a change in the order of the songs?

It's good to remember: there are exactly seven years ago (on October 27, 2003) the band played their third show at Budokan (Japan). In the show's setlist, Nobody Listening been added! These three shows at Budokan were great!

Edited by Victor Del Porto