The Messenger (Originally a DBS song?)

Geki

Remember a while back during the recording process of ATS, Brad liked a song that Chester was writing for DBS so much that the band decided to use it for LP? I think this is definitely that song. In the meeting of a thousand suns DVD, it seems somewhat obvious watching Brad's reactions. Chester also writes DBS demos with just a melody and acoustic guitar, just like the song is except for Mike's piano part. Who else agrees?

Remember a while back during the recording process of ATS, Brad liked a song that Chester was writing for DBS so much that the band decided to use it for LP? I think this is definitely that song. In the meeting of a thousand suns DVD, it seems somewhat obvious watching Brad's reactions. Chester also writes DBS demos with just a melody and acoustic guitar, just like the song is except for Mike's piano part. Who else agrees?

maybe if we had some more info i'd agree but for now... meh

That's what System Of A Down did with Lonely Day, in case you didn't know. Daron wrote it and thought it wasn't the style of the band, but the other members liked it so much that they wanted to include it. And so they did.

Of course The Messenger is not a DBS, but maybe Chester thought about including it in OOA, but the other members liked it that they decided to put it in ATS.

And both The Messenger & Dead by Sunrise are awesome.

At first, i didn't really like The Messenger, but after a while, i got the beuaty of the song(something you really have to do for the whole album) and love it now as much as any other favourite ATS songs. It's an awesome song and if it was meant for OOA, i can see how, but i'm glad it is on ATS. I feel like it fits better with Linkin Park. And its nice to just hear Chester let it out.