P5hng Me Aw*y

LPPRJKT4

A Thousand Suns brought Linkin Park into an entirely brand new musical direction, though when one thinks about it, it isn't necessarily THAT different from their Reanimation project in 2002, minus the screaming and nu-metal. The main difference was that Reanimation wasn't really played live much. Besides Frgt/10 being played ONCE, With You being reworked with a LITTLE bit more Reanimation, and a couple of intros and outros, the only song that gained a regular spot in the setlist was P5hng Me Aw*y. The original song in itself had long become a fan favorite partially due to its variation in the setlists, whether the Reanimation version or the piano version, but never the studio version. In 2008 the studio version was brought back, and the song itself did fit the vibe of the M2M album and tour. But now with the new electro- Reanimation esque stylings of A Thousand Suns, I've noticed alot of people saying they want to hear this song live again. I decided to make a thread out of this just out of curiosity, do YOU think the time is ripe for the ressurection of P5hng Me Aw*y?

Reanimation is my favorite LP album and yet it's the only one not represented in their current setlist.

That's because it isn't a "real album." It's a remix album. I'm sure LP wants to play their own stuff which only includes a couple of Reanimation tracks (Opening, P5hng, Wth>You, NTR/Mssion, Kyur, and Krwlng).

That's because it isn't a "real album." It's a remix album. I'm sure LP wants to play their own stuff which only includes a couple of Reanimation tracks (Opening, P5hng, Wth>You, NTR/Mssion, Kyur, and Krwlng).

When did they ever play NTR/Mission or Kyur??

• 2 weeks later...

P5hng Me Aw*y would be a perfect fit in the current ATS touring cycle. Pushing Me Away has been represented in every album touring cycle in one form or another, and the Reanimation version fits best with ATS in my opinion. Reanimation is nasty (in a good way) and deserves to be represented in the set somewhere, even if its not a "real" studio album, and just remixes.

Here's hoping it shows up at some point.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...