Happy Thanksgiving! A New Interview!

hahninator

On behalf of LPLive's Staff, I'd like to wish all the visitors and users of the site a Happy Thanksgiving! Remember...don't deep fry your turkey indoors. And also don't deep fry your frozen turkey, haha! Anyone wanna get the LPU 8 tracklisting for us for a beautiful Thanksgiving present? ......Anyone? ....What about the 'Leave Out All The Rest (M. Shinoda Remix)'? Alright, on to the goodies.

Posted Image

Fun fact: Has Linkin Park ever played a show on Thanksgiving?

Nope!

The band barely missed it in 2000 on an off day (November 23) between Kansas City, Missouri and St. Louis, Missouri on POD's "King Of Game Tour". Thanksgiving in 2001 (November 22) fell right in the middle of the band's "Countdown To Revolution Tour" with their friends (hed)pe, DJ Z-Trip, and the X-Ecutioners. The show leading up to Turkey day was in southern California, so it is likely they spent the time at home with their families. Of course, in 2002 they were finishing up Meteora, as we all know. In 2003, the band just barely missed Thanksgiving as well. They played the last show of their short, five-show November run in the UK with the Lostprophets on November 25, 2003 in Cardiff, England at....the Arena! You know, the only LP tour that opened with 'Papercut'. Yeah, that one. In 2004, 2005, and 2006 as you know, they weren't actively touring at that point in the year. Lastly, they also had an off day in 2007 on Thanksgiving between their Hong Kong and opening Japanese shows. 2007 is most likely the first year they spent away from home on Thanksgiving since 2000. And of course, in 2008, they're at home writing the new record!

My present for you?

A link to this beautiful MTV Buzzworthy interview with Phoenix and Chester. "This project's gonna be different than anything we've done in the past. Not only musically, but also the medium in which you receive it will be different, and it's very top top secret. Very secretive." says Phoenix. "It's something that people will be able to look at and hopefully say, 'Wow, that's different...nobody's ever done that before...and they'll be right". Is Linkin Park finally pulling the Trent Reznor/Radiohead way of releasing the album!?

Enough info for you? Thought so. Let's hear your thoughts! Have a good one!

lp could release their album in a usb stick, but white stripes already done this

i like the physical cds, and i will be pretty dissapointed if they release only digital thing

lp is a of rare bands (with red hot, foo fighters) which yet buy cds

at least they release their songs in a flac lossless format, but no, i rather in a physical cd

Lol. Chester was pretty quiet. Could pain meds for his back be the cause? lol.

Anyway, the different medium... Really gets you wondering.

Maybe some sort of High Def CD (The Blue-ray of music)? Or a Cheapie Mp3 player?

Idk. Keep us posted.

Edited by LinkinMinor555

im up for a Bass solo by chester

also...

Maybe a 3D CD!!! whoa... i dunno what im talking about but i do like pizza. maybe they will release a double CD... one being the standard 12 track CD and the other being a big long song. people do those separately but never together... wow...

Edited by AusNeil

:lol: the video was funny. Chester looked high or tired.

And for the different thing, maybe 2 CDs because all the songs will not fit on only one CD? but i think i dream too much :P

Or another CD about what's up on Mike's label? I know the album "Cloud Nine" by Kottonmouth Kings made a 2nd CD to promote artists from their label. And Atmosphere did the same with one of their recent albums too.

hmm i usually dont post much comments but im so excited about this one! besides, i got a strange idea for a new LPU album: what about re-recording some old songs with changed roles! chazzy raps and mike screams xD id like to hear something like this ^^

hmm i usually dont post much comments but im so excited about this one! besides, i got a strange idea for a new LPU album: what about re-recording some old songs with changed roles! chazzy raps and mike screams xD id like to hear something like this ^^

mike will die in the first scream

I'm proud to present to you:

Leave Out All The Rest (M. Shinoda Remix)

http://sharebee.com/92eb54e8

With some navigating and some help with translation via random webpages, I found the remix encoded into a video on a Japanese Video site (much like YouTube).

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm5362940

The hard part was registration. This one was definitely a pain in the ass to get, lol.

Enjoy!

I just picked up two copies, one for collection and one for use. The artwork is cool, the disc itself is pretty awesome looking. Hunger Strike is from the PA show, like Crawling, and I'm not sure where My December is from. Great quality though, this version of Hunger Strike is much better than the Woodlands version.