Do you think we will ever see another FM minor record?

Bliss

I'd love another FM record. Mike can't do everything he would do in a FM record in a LP record, no matter how diverse LP's music is now. The Rising Tied was hip-hop, Linkin Park has never made hip hop itself, would Chester just sing at chours on all songs, or start rapping?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I highly doubt this. In fact, I don't even think we will get to see another Fort Minor track. Mike is proud of the project, but like he said many times before; he worked on Fort Minor because the lyrics he was writing were more personal, and Linkin Park used to write lyrics universally, easily relating to other people's problems. Fort Minor addressed peoples doubts of Mike, and other things.

Now that Mike said that he is putting his Fort Minor energy into the new Linkin Park music, I doubt that Fort Minor will ever return. Unless Mike shows up on a Styles Of Beyond track (that's the closest we will get to it).

• 2 weeks later...

No, because it's been over 5 years now, and everytime someone brings up a new FM record to Mike he says 'I did that record to make music I made when I first started making music' or 'I focus all my music ideas into Linkin Park', I think he even flat out said there will not be in some interview actually. I don't think we need a new FM album, nor do I think we need a new DBS album. Those were side projects they did during their hiatus and because LP wasn't making music together because of everything that was going on at that time.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to think yes however it's been almost 6 years now since TRT came out. Mike seems content being a backup singer and keyboardist(Get Me Gone). I'm not sure who is to blame. Most likely Warner since FM can't compare to LP's sales figures so Mike decided to abandon it.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

I used to think yes however it's been almost 6 years now since TRT came out. Mike seems content being a backup singer and keyboardist(Get Me Gone). I'm not sure who is to blame. Most likely Warner since FM can't compare to LP's sales figures so Mike decided to abandon it.

He's far from a backup singer and keyboardist. That may have been the case fore most of MTM, but not on ATS.

in my humble opinion... there's been tons of chat about whether we'll see a new DBS or FM record, and there's all these people saying that since LP has now become very liberal with what is and isn't included in their musical style, i think that there actually is a possibility of new FM or DBS stuff.

FM is pure hip-hop/rap, and DBS is pure rock/electro. LP has always been a total mash-up of anything, no LP record will ever be pure rap, or rock, or rap-rock again, so perhaps if mike or chester writes a song that is designed to be a piece of pure rock or rap or whatever, then they may keep it back, in the way that chester thought that the songs for DBS were too rock or too personal to himself to be included in LP...

and anyway, let's face it, mike will NEVER be done with writing music! :P

EDIT: i mean, tours may not ever happen on such a scale as they did back when mike and chester's respective records came out, and it may just be that the music is in just download format, but at least we might get to hear some original music aside from LP :)

Edited by lgraham

Chester dominates the vocals in LP now. He's definitely not the frontman of the band anymore. Thanks, Rick Rubin! :rolleyes:

Not at all. Most of the songs during the MTM era and the songs that made the MTM album were dominated by Chester because Mike didn't want to rap, and often times Chester's vocal sounded better, because well, Chester obviously has the better singing voice.

ATS had MANY vocals from Mike. Prior to ATS, Mike didn't really sing on albums like he does on ATS. I know he did a little on MTM, but Mike does vocals in every single song on the album except for The Messenger, he might even do harmony or backing vocals on that song as well, just not so sure. So I don't see what the hell you mean by this. I'm sure the next album will have Mike doing vocals as well.

Not at all. Most of the songs during the MTM era and the songs that made the MTM album were dominated by Chester because Mike didn't want to rap, and often times Chester's vocal sounded better, because well, Chester obviously has the better singing voice.

ATS had MANY vocals from Mike. Prior to ATS, Mike didn't really sing on albums like he does on ATS. I know he did a little on MTM, but Mike does vocals in every single song on the album except for The Messenger, he might even do harmony or backing vocals on that song as well, just not so sure. So I don't see what the hell you mean by this. I'm sure the next album will have Mike doing vocals as well.

I meant rapping wise. Mike isn't that great of a singer- I think that's pretty apparent.

• 2 weeks later...

I meant rapping wise. Mike isn't that great of a singer- I think that's pretty apparent.

Don't want to get attacked for saying this, but yeah, he really doesn't, Chester is a better singer obviously. I like Mike as a rapper.

Mike is a decent singer. His voice and tone in songs like Iridescent and Burning In The Skies are really important. I think Chester would've ruined In Between.

Mike's tone in his voice is something that Chester doesn't have, no matter how good of a singer Chester is. A Thousand Suns has a perfect balance of Mike/Chester.

Agree with that Chester would ruin In Between, but that song is very slow and really melodic. Mike isn't a melodic singer he is more the background singer. I like his voice as a singer and as rapper but more as rapper. It is okay when they sing together when mike rapping too. Chester has a very strong voice and mike can not follow him enough with his voice, so his rap is building a good contrast to chester.

Mike is a fantastic singer (Chester is waaaaay better). Chester and Mike make a great contrast to each other whether Mike is singing or rapping.

Regardless, what does this have to do with a Fort Minor record? I believe we've lost the point of this thread by a lot.