Meaning of The Catalyst

Clearly it's about a giant orgy of sneezing, hence the lyric "God bless us everyone." Further supported by "when I close my eyes tonight" because everyone sneezes with their eyes closed, and "to symphonies of blinding light" supports the claim that looking at bright lights helps you sneeze.

Clearly it's about a giant orgy of sneezing, hence the lyric "God bless us everyone." Further supported by "when I close my eyes tonight" because everyone sneezes with their eyes closed, and "to symphonies of blinding light" supports the claim that looking at bright lights helps you sneeze.

win

"When oceans bleed into the sky" must be when you have those bad sneezes where blood comes out then

wth? this guy asked a serious question and you're answering like assholes... sorry

Clearly the song is about this (my post from another thread):

I personally enjoy the song and find it rather catchy. One thing I have picked up that I got to get off my chest is the duality of the lyrics. Some say it sounds like it is gospel lyrics because it mentions God and being 'saved' and 'blessed'. That is one way to look at it. However, take a step back and look at the big picture.

Atomic bombs, minutes to midnight, a thousand suns, J. Robert Oppenheimer.....it all adds up to the destruction of Earth and of mankind. If you're in your final seconds of life, you're going to be doing one of two things, shouting for help (praying, trying to prevent your own death, or literally shouting for help) or cursing the one(s) who made you (parents, teachers, leaders, or God/Gods). This song dives into the prior and is a literal cry for help from the ones who have destroyed themselves. They are not saying that they actually believe in a God, but are saying that if their is one, to bless them and to save them.

The song is also a journey. It starts with people wanting blessings for what they have created. The first time around he says "We were broken people", after then it is "We're a broken people". They start realizing what they have done and created. The song build up to where it is almost out of control and then explodes with the intensity and beauty of a thousand suns and then you hear "Lift me up, Let me go". This is the lyrical form of death. It paints a picture of all of mankind finally realizing that this is the end and there is nothing else to be done but let go and die.

Sorry if we came off as being assholes, but I don't believe that was the intention. Don't take yourself so seriously and you'll live longer. :)