LPLive 4 Suggestions

hahninator

So LPLive 4 has been out for a little while now - what do you guys think? I wanted to ask you if there was anything you'd like to see on the site that we currently don't have?

A few things that are still being worked on include the download section (I promise it'll be really big) and the setlist notes on shows (those take so long to finish up). But what are some of the things you like, some of the things you don't like and what are some of the things you'd like to see changed/fixed? Like do you want more site/forum themes? Which ones? Anything you want to see changed or added to the show/year pages?

I made a poll here in Site Information in the forums asking about rotating banners since quite a few people said they wanted to see them brought back, so go drop by and vote on that if you have a second.

Thanks!

i was thinking about an lpu theme, it could be cool :) there are some ince desings over lpu, and mixing them would be awesome, another cool theme would be in base of lp dsp cover... XD after all this is lplive so, it could fit quite well.

would b cool to use themes over the forum too :D...

that are my only ideas by now

Great suggestions.

Would love to do the following themes:

- LPU 9

- LP DSP

- Collision Course

- Fort Minor

- Julien-K

LPL radio idea - Nick brought up the idea of having an LPL player stream all audio shows...like, everything.

LPL radio idea - Nick brought up the idea of having an LPL player stream all audio shows...like, everything.

this would be awesome, it could also use the theme idea so if you are using the hybrid thoery theme you would only hear HT songs etc.

Yes bring back the rotation banners. For some reason on my end the site is still being abit laggy when your scrolling or typing on the forums, the tabs that are at the top on the homepage, would be cool if you could put them onto the right hand side of the page? That's all I can think of just now.

Fort Minor's Theme is necessary...

About the LPLive Radio, will be great but with an external window. Because the LPU Radio sounds great but you have to stay in the Home to listen...

About the themes, all of them are awesome and i love it...

About banners, will be great a banner rotator in the Forums not in the Site...

sal theme. ha

Done. I'm making this one happen.

As far as the LPL Radio thing, this is something that I've discussed with Mark. Fairly easy to set up in theory, but there could be some issues with it as it would take a fair amount of space for hosting as well as bandwidth to keep it working.

Anything you want to see changed or added to the show/year pages?

Just a couple edits I noticed while roaming the show pages:

- Syracuse 2007 - Bleed It Out, there was no drum solo and there was no extension on that outro.

- Hartford 2008 - After 'Crawling' when Chester led the crowd in singing 'Happy Birthday' for Chris Cornell

- And, if possible to note, the short instrumental that was played after 'Breaking The Habit' at the West Palm Beach 2007 show

Done. I'm making this one happen.

As far as the LPL Radio thing, this is something that I've discussed with Mark. Fairly easy to set up in theory, but there could be some issues with it as it would take a fair amount of space for hosting as well as bandwidth to keep it working.

Not if you use shoutcast.

Not if you use shoutcast.

I'm thinking more of an in-house solution before going to something like that. What happens when shoutcast goes offline?

A stream with a flash interface similar to the LMA on archive.org is what I have in mind.

I'm thinking more of an in-house solution before going to something like that. What happens when shoutcast goes offline?

A stream with a flash interface similar to the LMA on archive.org is what I have in mind.

You set up shoutcast on your own server, so if it goes offline, it's yours (not yours per-say, but your servers) fault. :P. Shoutcast also can be used in nearly any flash interface. You can also open it in iTunes, Winamp, Windows Media Player, etc, at any time.

Just an idea. Obviously LPL may do what they want, but I just thought I'd throw this suggestion in as I am familiar with it all. :P.

Edit: There are also some badass code snippets for shoutcast that allow you to see how many listeners are tuned in, what's currently playing, etc, even BEFORE they tune in. Don't like the song? Don't need to tune in. :P.

I would also go against anything flash related. Keep it simple with the media players.

Edited by Legend

i like the radio idea and the meteora theme has nothing to with the album cover, so it would be nice if we could have a meteora theme that had to do with the album cover.

Besides a theme of the meteora album cover, i would like to see more themes. Possibly a Fort Minor theme, a Live in Texas theme, a Road to Revolution theme, and maybe more. More themes would be awesome.