Welcome to LPLive 4.0!

hahninator

Welcome to LPLive 4.0! Here's a simple (& hopefully short) guide from the Hahninator on what is up with the new version of our live website.

The first thing you'll see when you log in is a different theme most likely. At the top you'll notice we have all new dropdown menus instead of the links on the right. Everything is organized in nice little dropdown areas so you can get to them quicker. Check out the themes on the right. Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, Minutes To Midnight, Dead By Sunrise, Music For Relief and LPLive 2.0 are all themes you can select.

On the right hand side of the homepage, you'll see a log in for the forum! Everything is all integrated now so the forum theme matches the site theme, etc...you're logged in to the SITE, not just the forum. Scroll down and there's the huge huge huge upcoming/previous show area for LP, Julien-K and whoever else is touring.

Scroll further and you'll see Random Fact Rotation. Provided by the community know-it-all Astat with a little collaboration from me involved, we tried to find some of the coolest facts around (we have over 100 and something so you shouldn't get bored that quickly) for you all.

Next let's move on to the year pages. I wanted an entirely new design for the year and show pages and this is the best idea we all agreed on. New headings for each tour and opposing them is the number of shows on the tour. Everything is a bit more separated, but there's flags in there for each country now! All the colors are in tact - blue for rescheduled, black for sources, etc. Wait, what's that S T and P? S indicates the show has Show Pictures, T means Ticket Stubs and P means Show Posters! So now on the YEAR page you can tell what the SHOWS have without even clicking them.

Click the show for more information, which is what I want to show you next. The new show pages are huge. We had the whole page to work with and we took advantage of it. Previous and Next Show links are there as well as a link to return to the year page. There's full information at the top on the show, opening bands, etc. Look below for the setlist and the setlist NOTES to the right. We only have notes in for a few tours, they are quite time consuming so we'll be adding those over the next week.

There's show notes, other notes, sources, debuts, and then the pictures. Sources are now at the bottom for those of you casual fans that don't want to see them, haha.

Other highlights: The statistics page (under the Site dropdown). That will have a lot more added to it in the coming weeks but it's a great start in my opinion. Also, the Contact & Submit. VERY easy way to submit show photos, show posters, ticket stubs, everything. It emails it all right to us from the form and can be added to the site ASAP!

See Amanda's thread for more information on 4.0.

And now for a huge THANK YOU to everyone involved in 4.0.

Amanda has literally been in charge of the entire process from the start over a year and a half ago until now and has really kicked some ass in getting it done. Major major thanks and an incredible job done on her part. She really brought it with designing the themes too...which are my favorite. A new ACP behind the scenes makes it so easy for staff to get things done now and I do really appreciate that too.

Mike has transferred all the info from 2.0 to 4.0 and has continually edited it all throughout the entire process. I am pretty sure Mike has put more man hours into 4.0 than anything I've ever seen. Nick came up with the rotating theme idea and has provided thoughtful insight from day one to now...a big advisor on the entire project. Jonas has been an epic help too. He oversaw the entire build of the site, helped with the ACP and the design, edited all the shows and content and served as a big advisor in the creative process of the site. Jonas is the one I worked with closely on the new show/year pages. Lastly, SergSlim has spent quite a time on the site himself with a lot of mass transfers of show pages and layout-related things.

LPLive really wouldn't be where it is now without these people. They dedicate so much fucking time into this website it is INCREDIBLE. I literally had almost nothing to do with 4.0 - I helped do the year/show page ideas and then left it up to the team to make everything happen. 4.0 belongs to these people. They came through very well, I love the results. Ever since I was in Germany last year, we've been going through hardcore ideas and designs for the site...these guys have really come through. Thank you to Amanda for heading the entire project, thank you to Mike, Jonas, SergSlim, Nick and everyone else involved one way or another with LPLive 4.0!

We have lots of stuff that we are adding to the site (setlist notes lol) throughout the coming weeks, so I'll post in the 4.0 area as it's all updated. I hope you enjoy LPLive 4.0! Please let us know what you think!

-Mark

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys I dont know why but I cant see some things. I cant see the themes and it doesnt load the pictures..and I cant see the news on the home page :/

edit: problem fixed now i'm alright! where do i change the forum skins?

Edited by VavourasLP

The new website kicks ass, but I did like the old forum design a little more. Was easier on the eyes. Maybe I just need to get used to this.

Let us know when the uploading is done, so we can report any bugs found.

The new website kicks ass, but I did like the old forum design a little more. Was easier on the eyes. Maybe I just need to get used to this.

Let us know when the uploading is done, so we can report any bugs found.

you can always switch back to the LPL Grey/White design! On the bottom left hand corner :)

this is fantastic.

A couple things.

First, when i go to the main site page and log in at the right, it takes me right to the forum. When I go back to main site page, it logs me out automatically, so I log in, and it repeats.

Second, at this point, none of the live guide pages load. The only pages that show up are the home page and the forum, as far as I've seen. Have those pages just not been "added" yet?

EDIT: Never mind #2, I can see all the pages now.

Edited by stl_999

Okay, I've been changing into the different styles (HT, Reanimation...) and it changed my mind a bit, it's an awesome feature. But still, as Legend says, I think the previous forum design was better, I don't know, but there's something... Maybe it's the lack of things on both sides of the screen?

Edited by annare

you can always switch back to the LPL Grey/White design! On the bottom left hand corner :)

this is fantastic.

Eliminate the white design. It's buggy. I never updated it when I still had my admin powers. The grey one is fine, however, normal members do not have access to that skin. The staff are probably the only ones that can see it.

Okay, I've been changing into the different styles (HT, Reanimation...) and it changed my mind a bit, it's an awesome feature. But still, as Legend says, I think the previous forum design was better, I don't know, but there's something... Maybe it's the lack of things on both sides of the screen?

Personally, I think it's just the whole feel of going from a forum that was Web 2.0 to going to a forum design that is more minimalistic.

These skins are very good. Give it a little more time. Im sure as times goes by the staff will keep editting the skins to make them more user friendly. Might throw some ideas out there for them aswell design wise.

http://lplive.net/2009.php New year page

http://lplive.net/shows/20090730.php New show page

Yeah we thought custom was better. We thought about making it all interlocked with the themes but I wanted one forum theme and one site theme, so I thought custom was best. And yeah of course there's always an hour of transition time lol, nothing works 100% the second you put it online ;) Hope you enjoy it.