How come LP doesn't play 'some' of their songs anymore?

Anality

Not a rumor, don't you remember right after Projekt Rev 08 he had that injury and they had to cancel the last part of the tour.

you obviously haven't seen him live since then.

i took the first video on my favourites and there is a jump 0:08 right of the bat so.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they feel that the average fan wants to hear Numb, In The End and What I've Done. In other words - the hits. Maybe not more than 20% of the crowd at a concert are hardcore fans like us. When an average fan hears Forgotten or QWERTY, he'll be like 'Wtf, I've never heard that, is that LP?!' At least that's what the band say. It's stupid IMO, I want a lot of old songs to be played live, but it doesn't look is if it's going to happen. At least bring back With You or Figure - fan favorites. With You rocked as an opener in the past, and I think it's quite well-known, despite the fact it has never been a single.

THIS IS WHY LP NEEDS TO DO ANOTHER LPU TOUR!!!!!!!!!

Don't know whether this is true or not but......maybe management at Warner have a say on what songs they do and do not play when touring. I'd like to think they don't but you never know!

Its likely management would want the hits to be primary focus to draw in the crowds (outside of hardcore LP fans) and thus make themselves a sweeeet profit!

Just a thought thats all!

Don't know whether this is true or not but......maybe management at Warner have a say on what songs they do and do not play when touring. I'd like to think they don't but you never know!

Its likely management would want the hits to be primary focus to draw in the crowds (outside of hardcore LP fans) and thus make themselves a sweeeet profit!

Just a thought thats all!

Goddamn record labels, LP should go independent /thought

But no I'm pretty sure the band has a major say in their own setlists.

does no one wanna hear back again with you and Dont stay ???? , they are one of the best songs lp has done ever and i dont see they play these songs anymore in recent times :(

I would kill to hear With You again.

About Don't Stay? Meh, didn't like it live after 2004 that much.

I'd rather hear Figure 09 (Demo?:P) or Runaway or something

I thought they would have done an LPU tour for the 10 years of HT. So we might get some surprises during their upcoming tour. But IMO chances are poor knowing LP...

Since I know we won't hear Runaway, Forgotten, With You, Figure etc anymore I just want them to play 22 songs setlists and not the 18 songs one from 2009 (too short IMO)

Edited by linkinpark-64

LP playing more of the singles and songs that the average listeners recognize is a casual thing amongst a lot of bands. Take Skillet for example. The band has had a career that's spanned 15 years with eight albums. But more recently over the last year they've only been playing material from their recent two albums (Comatose and Awake). Reason being is that they didn't start gaining mainstream attention until Comatose, and further brought themselves into the public eye with Awake. A good chunk of those people who now know and are fans of Skillet only know of these two albums and are unaware that the band has a long history. That is why their shows mainly consist of material from these albums. The band's guitarist/keyboardist Korey Cooper pointed this out in an interview awhile ago and said along the lines of: "We don't want to pull a lot of old material out because it might not register well with the audience. They're there waiting to hear Rebirthing and The Last Night.

Like I said its a very casual thing with bands. The more singles that are put out, the less will hear the favorites. Like you guys said before, LP don't want their regular fans going to their shows and hearing songs they won't recognize from the radio.

never been able to go to one of their concerts but would love to also hear some older songs.

btw if I go to a concert, even if the artist is new for me, I check out every stuff they made to today so I can sing along and stuff...

If more people would do that, they can also play older songs lol :P

My two cents on this entire thread:

LP has Warner by the fucking balls and I believe they can play whatever they want live. I think few bands have that ability, but I do think LP has that. I talked to 10 Years personally with Preston in April and Tater flat out told us the record label forces them to play certain songs live (mainly Beautiful and the other singles). HOWEVER, LP is a band that wants to bring it live and in my opinion, they think by playing all the singles live will get a crowd really going. That's true, but I do think they should switch it up more. It sucks Mike said in the LPU chat that it's unlikely we'll ever get any HTEP songs live due to the fact that they had to play the bigger songs.

Chester's back was fucked, but it's fine now. How do I know that? I saw FOUR shows in 2009 and Chester & the rest of the band was ROCKING. Even Joe was bouncing (WTF, is it 2004 again?). Chester is fully recovered from that injury. I was really worried that he wouldn't be moving at all on stage last year but he really brought it, so there's nothing wrong with him obviously anymore. I do wonder though, why he could nail the FTI intro scream fully in 2007 but in 2009 he couldn't even get like half of it?

Maybe they do hate certain songs. Easier To Run was dropped in 2003 after only two tours...I found it interesting they did P5hng Me A*wy in the encore in 2004 instead of ETR. I do think they'll bring certain songs back like Figure.09 and especially some HT songs since it's the 10th anniversary. Surely they'll change the god damn setlists this year since it's an entirely new touring cycle. If not...oh boy, lol.

My two cents on this entire thread:

LP has Warner by the fucking balls and I believe they can play whatever they want live. I think few bands have that ability, but I do think LP has that. I talked to 10 Years personally with Preston in April and Tater flat out told us the record label forces them to play certain songs live (mainly Beautiful and the other singles). HOWEVER, LP is a band that wants to bring it live and in my opinion, they think by playing all the singles live will get a crowd really going. That's true, but I do think they should switch it up more. It sucks Mike said in the LPU chat that it's unlikely we'll ever get any HTEP songs live due to the fact that they had to play the bigger songs.

Chester's back was fucked, but it's fine now. How do I know that? I saw FOUR shows in 2009 and Chester & the rest of the band was ROCKING. Even Joe was bouncing (WTF, is it 2004 again?). Chester is fully recovered from that injury. I was really worried that he wouldn't be moving at all on stage last year but he really brought it, so there's nothing wrong with him obviously anymore. I do wonder though, why he could nail the FTI intro scream fully in 2007 but in 2009 he couldn't even get like half of it?

Maybe they do hate certain songs. Easier To Run was dropped in 2003 after only two tours...I found it interesting they did P5hng Me A*wy in the encore in 2004 instead of ETR. I do think they'll bring certain songs back like Figure.09 and especially some HT songs since it's the 10th anniversary. Surely they'll change the god damn setlists this year since it's an entirely new touring cycle. If not...oh boy, lol.

mark thnx for ur info , so what warner wants Lp does does is exactly , they decide the set list and stuffs , wt... this is rubbish , metallica play their own songs as they want im sure james wouldnot listen to any company or anything he plays what he likes , lp has grown so big and still they dont have freedom to do what they want and btw With you and Dont stay are amazing songs why wont they play those , is There any SPECIFIC REASONS FOR DROPPING THOSE SONGS ???since they play only popular songs , we dont get to hear those epic versions back again ,i would love to see a

with you ( extend intro ) / dont stay , im sure crowd will go nuts the whole place is gonna shake if they play that :)

if lp keeps a setlist poll for their upcoming future tours or even projekt revolution they would know what fans would like to hear and what exactly they want , playing the same lying from u , plc for my head , one step closer again again again ..................... itz time they do a lil bit extra

Edited by aravind221

mark thnx for ur info , so what warner wants Lp does does is exactly , they decide the set list and stuffs , wt... this is rubbish , metallica play their own songs as they want im sure james wouldnot listen to any company or anything he plays what he likes , lp has grown so big and still they dont have freedom to do what they want and btw With you and Dont stay are amazing songs why wont they play those , is There any SPECIFIC REASONS FOR DROPPING THOSE SONGS ???since they play only popular songs , we dont get to hear those epic versions back again ,i would love to see a

with you ( extend intro ) / dont stay , im sure crowd will go nuts the whole place is gonna shake if they play that :)

if lp keeps a setlist poll for their upcoming future tours or even projekt revolution they would know what fans would like to hear and what exactly they want , playing the same lying from u , plc for my head , one step closer again again again ..................... itz time they do a lil bit extra

You didn't get what he said. He said that LP has the ability to play whatever they want. Not every band has that ability..but LP have a business mind, it doesn't bring business if you aren't performing the most popular songs. You want to get not-so-hardcore fans to enjoy your shows, sing along and have a good time

You didn't get what he said. He said that LP has the ability to play whatever they want. Not every band has that ability..but LP have a business mind, it doesn't bring business if you aren't performing the most popular songs. You want to get not-so-hardcore fans to enjoy your shows, sing along and have a good time

This. Exactly Rocky, you nailed it on the head right there.

APFMH, lol, they haven't touched that since June 2008. Don't Stay was played A TON on the MTM cycle. I just want to see APFMH and if I'm lucky, P5hng in London.

This. Exactly Rocky, you nailed it on the head right there.

APFMH, lol, they haven't touched that since June 2008. Don't Stay was played A TON on the MTM cycle. I just want to see APFMH and if I'm lucky, P5hng in London.

thnx both of u , what abt with you when was the last time it was played ???