Linkin Park Screamo

Legend

I want a screamo song on the new album. No joke, I really would like to see how chester would sound with a pure screamo song haha

Maybe not with every word in a scream, but screaming would be fucking sick.

I highly doubt there will be any screaming on the next LP album, they don't make heavier music anymore for some reason...which is a shame because the majority of people I know love Chester for his heavier side. The closest LP tracks we have to screamo are Qwerty and Wish.

Nar I still have hope.

I mean, look at Given up. I know it wasn't exactly screamo, but his 16 seconds worth in the bridge beats anything hes done before that.

Come to think of it, Bleed it out was quite a track too, and it wasn't exactly a heavy song xD

So anythings possible for the next album.

There's definitely going to be at least a little screaming on the new album in my opinion. LP has moved away from nu-metal for sure but that doesn't mean they won't make some heavy music.

Though I don't think they would ever make a full screamo chaotic song.

That'd be cool, but it would absolutely murder Chester if they ever performed it live. Also, there's no way they're not gonna have a single screaming song, in MTM we got Given Up and No More Sorrow, two of LP's heaviest tracks yet. You can even toss in Bleed It Out.

Even though the original thought of LP and screamo seemed absolutely paradoxical to me, Given Up does kinda have a punk screamo vibe to it. Odd. Never thought LP and the word would meet.

Edited by cstebila

That'd be cool, but it would absolutely murder Chester if they ever performed it live. Also, there's no way they're not gonna have a single screaming song, in MTM we got Given Up and No More Sorrow, two of LP's heaviest tracks yet. You can even toss in Bleed It Out.

Dude they've had a good one- one and a half year break before touring will begin. It's possible they won't even do a major tour this summer and just do a few shows before the new album drops. Who's to say Chaz's voice hasn't gotten better? Sure the DBS tour wore him out a bit, but those songs weren't as consuming except for like one or two in the sets. Gerard Way of MCR sounded terrible live by the end of the TBP world tour, that's what a few years of touring does to you lol. Just watch by the time LP hits the road again they'll be kickin' ass and takin' names like in 2004 XD. Personally I'd welcome a screamo song as long as it had nu-metal influences, I detest alot of the music called "screamo" these days, but it would be interesting to see Chaz pull it off. XD

Parts of Condemned come close to screamo.

That was exactly my thought when I saw this thread!

BTW, I've wanted to see at least one Metal/entirely screamed/f*cking heavy LP song for years....And I'm still hoping for it. The band members are claiming there are no boundaries in music since MTM-era, and also, they like extreme music as well (Mike promoting a Death Metal band on his blog, LP bringing screamo bands with them on tour,...). So, theoretically, there are some possibilities for my dream to come true...

Edited by Qwerty18

Wow... I've just read something that I had completely forgotten. An LPU chat with Chester in the beginning of 2009, where he says the new album would be more hard rock and he'd scream more. Anyone remember that? Wonder if it's still true a year later. :rolleyes:

Edited by dark_master

Seriously? Oh wow - that's cool! What band was he talking about? I'm really into some death metal stuff.

Mike talked about this when he let some unsigned bands promote their music on his blog. He picked his favorites and posted some information about them: sound, myspace links,...The band in question was called Circle of Contempt. Check them out ! ;)

Mike talked about this when he let some unsigned bands promote their music on his blog. He picked his favorites and posted some information about them: sound, myspace links,...The band in question was called Circle of Contempt. Check them out ! ;)

I tried listening to the band, but that's not really my style of music.

Wow... I've just read something that I had completely forgotten. An LPU chat with Chester in the beginning of 2009, where he says the new album would be more hard rock and he'd scream more. Anyone remember that? Wonder if it's still true a year later. :rolleyes:

I remmber Chaz saying "it'll be heavy without being metal" but I dont remmber him saying he'd scream more.

And just because Chaz & Mike like Death metal bands LP ARE NOT GOING DEATH METAL

Dream all you want guys, cause LP aren't going anywhere like that XD

Edited by Bennington_Hahn

If there isn't at least one song on the new album with screaming than it will be my least favorite LP album.

I'm not saying it'll be completely the same thing, But I think Linkin Park puts out a simliar change to the likes Of NIN's album With Teeth.

If there isn't at least one song on the new album with screaming than it will be my least favorite LP album.

I'm not saying it'll be completely the same thing, But I think Linkin Park puts out a simliar change to the likes Of NIN's album With Teeth.