Across The Line > Blackbirds

Legend

Nice prediction.

I hope you're wrong though.

Blackbirds has got the rapping which everyone has been dying for, and we haven't even heard if the preview had the chorus in it because it could've been leading into the chorus or something.

We'll find out very, very, very, very soon.

Nice prediction.

I hope you're wrong though.

Blackbirds has got the rapping which everyone has been dying for, and we haven't even heard if the preview had the chorus in it because it could've been leading into the chorus or something.

We'll find out very, very, very, very soon.

this. Butttt i wouldnt mind if Blackbirds had the epicness (IMO) that Across the Line had.

There is one thing you need to ask yourself....

Do you want Chesters screaming more, or Mikes rapping more?

I believe ATL is the winnar.

Ehh.....

I have to say, because Chester in my opinion doesn't do a whole lot for me screaming wise in that song I have to say Mikes rapping when it comes to these two.

Blackbirds destroys the bland lyrics and annoying pop melody of ATL!

Juuuust sayin. Not that "It's your time" over and over isn't teh coolness or anything. He does scream it after all ;) :P

Edited by Xero21

Okay guys. I rubbed the lava lamp next to my bed and a magical lava genie came out. I asked to listen to Blackbirds and he pulled out a Zune and let me listen to it. I must say, the chorus to Blackbirds is sick, BUT... My assumption was correct.

Across The Line > Blackbirds

I like them both equally. ATL sounds fucking awesome! But Blackbirds goes back to the roots with the new era incorporated into it. Nice to get another song without Chester screaming. Good change of pace. Mike's rapping is f'ing rad! But i could've used more. The lyrical content however is far superior than ATL's repeatitiveness lol

This thread is a good example of conclusions being jumped to. Blackbirds is at the VERY least a contender. I think it is a great song!

Personally, I just think this thread is a good example of the future being told correctly.

Eh both songs miss something I've wanted for a song type, a more raspy voice, and yes I realize he's lost some of that due to years, extensive touring, and what not, however I know it'd more then likely be possible to squeeze it out for the studio recordings. That old rasp that was in songs such as Pushing Me Away or Easier To Run.