Mike on KROQ April 26th

ChuckCheese

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually starting to worry about something and that is whether or not the people without the game will ever get a high quality rip (or copy) of the song. I definitely think the song will leak onto the internet after the game comes out but I'm worried that the leaks will all be crappy quality.

I guess all of this will depend on a couple things. First off is whether or not the song will ever be downloadable from itunes or elsewhere separately from the game. From what I know, there's been no confirmation on this. The second thing is, for those who beat the game, do they get the song in the form of a sound file (such as mp3) or is it a file type which won't be transferable or sharable (I can't remember). In other words, would it be possible for someone who beats the game to upload the song onto the internet from their phone. If this is possible, then I guess those who can't buy the game will still get a high quality version of the song, whether or not it gets put on itunes. There's always a third possibility which is that someone who doesn't have the game will leak a high quality version somehow.

I'm actually starting to worry about something and that is whether or not the people without the game will ever get a high quality rip (or copy) of the song. I definitely think the song will leak onto the internet after the game comes out but I'm worried that the leaks will all be crappy quality.

I guess all of this will depend on a couple things. First off is whether or not the song will ever be downloadable from itunes or elsewhere separately from the game. From what I know, there's been no confirmation on this. The second thing is, for those who beat the game, do they get the song in the form of a sound file (such as mp3) or is it a file type which won't be transferable or sharable (I can't remember). In other words, would it be possible for someone who beats the game to upload the song onto the internet from their phone. If this is possible, then I guess those who can't buy the game will still get a high quality version of the song, whether or not it gets put on itunes. There's always a third possibility which is that someone who doesn't have the game will leak a high quality version somehow.

Don't worry about a leak, and if it does and you are killing yourself to listen to it and the quality is horrible then don't risk it if you do then you're killing the song for yourself. Don't risk listening to a very bad quality one because it destroys the experience of listening to the song for the first time. When New Divide was released I got up very early in the morning to listen to it and I don't think I'll ever have such a awesome morning again, or will Monday be the day?

Don't worry about a leak, and if it does and you are killing yourself to listen to it and the quality is horrible then don't risk it if you do then you're killing the song for yourself. Don't risk listening to a very bad quality one because it destroys the experience of listening to the song for the first time. When New Divide was released I got up very early in the morning to listen to it and I don't think I'll ever have such a awesome morning again, or will Monday be the day?

Yea, that's a good point. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed New Divide as much if I would have heard a crappy leaked version. I first heard it when it was played on KROQ and it was awesome.

am i the only one that cares more for the new album than for 8-bit and BB? i mean i cant want to hear BB and look forward to mike rapping but the lack of album updates over the last 6 months overshadows my excitement. Just me i guess?

am i the only one that cares more for the new album than for 8-bit and BB? i mean i cant want to hear BB and look forward to mike rapping but the lack of album updates over the last 6 months overshadows my excitement. Just me i guess?

Nah its not just you, I couldn't really care about 8-Bit Rebellion, and the fact that Blackbirds was a song recorded during the Minutes to Midnight sessions, makes it even less titillating. While I'll listen to the song, I won't be purchasing 8-Bit, and will be waiting for the new record with anticipation.

Nah its not just you, I couldn't really care about 8-Bit Rebellion, and the fact that Blackbirds was a song recorded during the Minutes to Midnight sessions, makes it even less titillating. While I'll listen to the song, I won't be purchasing 8-Bit, and will be waiting for the new record with anticipation.

Same here. I cant wait until things really start moving with album updates. My guess is that the ball won't really start rolling until June. I think it's still a wee bit early for some juicy album info.

I don't know why you guys are holding back on all of this. Yes I am anticipating the new album but since there has been no updates in a very long time, and 8-Bit Rebellion is right around the corner then I don't expect any more album updates for another month or two.

Also the fact that Blackbirds isn't totally new and it is even less titillating is bad. Songs that Linkin Park have written for the new album now may be a few months old when the album is released, does that make it less titillating? No.

People that say Blackbirds isn't the 6th string song obviously haven't heard the clip from the MTM DVD. You can clearly hear Chester sing 'my brain' in that clip and the chorus to Blackbirds says digging out my brain. So yeah, they may have reworked the song but it still is a demo b-side from MTM. Mike also said in an interview somewhere that Blackbirds will be available on iTunes after the game is out for a bit. I'm sure once you beat the game you get a downloadable mp3, then when you connect your iPod to your computer, it will be on your iPod and you can upload it to your computer library.

People that say Blackbirds isn't the 6th string song obviously haven't heard the clip from the MTM DVD. You can clearly hear Chester sing 'my brain' in that clip and the chorus to Blackbirds says digging out my brain. So yeah, they may have reworked the song but it still is a demo b-side from MTM. Mike also said in an interview somewhere that Blackbirds will be available on iTunes after the game is out for a bit. I'm sure once you beat the game you get a downloadable mp3, then when you connect your iPod to your computer, it will be on your iPod and you can upload it to your computer library.

Yea, that sounds logical. I'm guessing and hoping that it's an mp3 and you could just transfer it to your computer. I still believe that there's a great chance that Blackbirds is the 6th string song. I have a feeling that Mike will explicitly say after the song comes out whether or not it is. I always thought that Chester was singing "all my pain" in the 6th string clip from the DVD. I guess it could be brain.

Yea, that sounds logical. I'm guessing and hoping that it's an mp3 and you could just transfer it to your computer. I still believe that there's a great chance that Blackbirds is the 6th string song. I have a feeling that Mike will explicitly say after the song comes out whether or not it is. I always thought that Chester was singing "all my pain" in the 6th string clip from the DVD. I guess it could be brain.

There is no great chance. It IS the 6SS.

And I still say that Blackbirds has a pretty fair chance of being played live. I said it before and I still feel that way.

I think with all the attention that 8BR and Blackbirds is getting means there is a good chance it could be played. Maybe not every night but on occasion. Who knows. I say it has a better chance than No Roads Left or Across The Line do.

There is no great chance. It IS the 6SS.

And I still say that Blackbirds has a pretty fair chance of being played live. I said it before and I still feel that way.

Yea, when I say great chance, I'm saying that I am 90% sure or maybe even 95% sure it is 6SS. I'm only leaving a tiny bit of room for error until I hear the full song. I think any doubt that anyone may have on whether it is 6SS will be totally gone when the full thing is out.

I was wondering if somebody could clarify this for me... Was Blackbirds recorded during the Minutes To Midnight sessions or recorded sometime within the year of the development of 8-Bit Rebellion? Cause I know Blackbirds was one of those six string songs David Campbell came in and composed during those sessions, but maybe they recorded that song souly for the game? But that wouldn't make sense considering that was 3 years ago now and I don't think they've been developing the game for that long. If anyone could answer this I'd truly appreciate it.

I was wondering if somebody could clarify this for me... Was Blackbirds recorded during the Minutes To Midnight sessions or recorded sometime within the year of the development of 8-Bit Rebellion? Cause I know Blackbirds was one of those six string songs David Campbell came in and composed during those sessions, but maybe they recorded that song souly for the game? But that wouldn't make sense considering that was 3 years ago now and I don't think they've been developing the game for that long. If anyone could answer this I'd truly appreciate it.

Read the thread.

Someone should record it

i can't listen, i have doctor in the same hour =/

[2]