"Too Late" Next DBS Single?

Aberu

I could see Too Late being a radio single or something, it's really poppy and it's a perfect length (3:00). I don't see them doing a video or anything for it though, DBS is pretty much done with.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this, I just heard Too Late on the radio in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area earlier today and the deejay referred to it as the "new single from Dead By Sunrise" afterwards, so I'd say this is pretty much official, but I'll wait for some kind of press release before moving this to the news section.

Too Late is being used in promos for the series V on ABC now, so this may actually have some merit.

they also used it in germany at the station RTL for some report, WIC was included as well

Edited by sckofelng

This sounds like pretty much keeping something alive that wasnt very successful in the first place. now im not saying that Out Of Ashes wasnt an awesome album, because i happen to love it, but even Chester pretty much admitted that it wasnt a very successful project to begin with, especially in the US.

I agree that DBS is pretty much over with. They just completed a tour and they have no future touring plans as of yet. Out Of Ashes has been out for a long time now and it hasn't done that well, Chester even said so himself. So I don't see why they are releasing another single, most likely in hopes of people wanting to buy the album after hearing it which I doubt. Let Down had way more of a single appeal than Too Late does IMO and it didn't do THAT great really.

I will never understand why there is so much animosity toward DBS, it's like everybody seems to think it's nothing more than a nuisance and all they want is a new LP album. Hell, I remember some of the reviews of the album when it leaked having "can it be LP time now please?" in them, before the damn album was even officially out! There was no talk like this while Fort Minor was still active, despite the fact that promotion for it lasted well into the recording process for Minutes to Midnight in the summer of 2006...

If I was Chester, I'd tour with DBS for another 2 years and intentionally delay the new LP album as long as possible, purely out of spite.

I will never understand why there is so much animosity toward DBS, it's like everybody seems to think it's nothing more than a nuisance and all they want is a new LP album. Hell, I remember some of the reviews of the album when it leaked having "can it be LP time now please?" in them, before the damn album was even officially out! There was no talk like this while Fort Minor was still active, despite the fact that promotion for it lasted well into the recording process for Minutes to Midnight in the summer of 2006...

If I was Chester, I'd tour with DBS for another 2 years and intentionally delay the new LP album as long as possible, purely out of spite.

Leaked - we all heard it. some people loved it some people loved it. Despite that we all were waiting for the LP album that was stated to be out in 2009 but by then it said 2010 and you know wheather you accept/deny LP's definition of due dates we were all thinking the album delayed the album in some way/shape form even if contrary to popular belief it wasnt.

There was no talk of this during FM because it was during hiatus time. Plus Mike hyped it up himself and delivered IMO.

Summer 2006 FM was wrapping up their touring cycle. And even had time for LP to do 4 shows on SS. After SS mike went into LP mode like that. So FM hardly held up LP because wasnt LP in the midst of a contract disagreement during 05-06? So its not like they could do much. Correct me if im wrong

If I was Chester, I'd tour with DBS for another 2 years and intentionally delay the new LP album as long as possible, purely out of spite

sometimes i think you go too far on trying to prove a point and this is one of those moments. Seriously? overdoing it man. Good thing you arent Chester.

wow that turned into a rant lol. LPL Made for the Ranters By The Ranters lol

Completely agree with every single word. Wow, wouldn't have thought that.

I don't mind any distraction, until the LP album. It looks more like a radio single for now, but if it becomes a real single that would be great. I always liked the live "b-sides".

After TRT was released, around the same time as now, Where'd You Go became a single. I think it's just not fair to bash DBS all the time.