Favorite Band Member

Geki

Favorite Band Member  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your Favorite Band Member of Linkin Park?

• Mike Shinoda
    • Chester Bennington
    • Joe Hahn
    • Brad Delson
    • Rob Bourdon
    • Dave "Phoenix" Farrell

No. :D

If Mike is the main part then maybe it's 80% HIS decision which songs make it on the album. Maybe the other guys have better ideas, but mike doesnt take them? Or they dont tell him :P Maybe...they leave it all up to Mike. Or they are just too lazy :D Who knows???

But I'm pretty sure they've stated that for ATS they didn't stop reworking the songs until everyone was satisfied (in the DVD I think, I can't really remember). So...I guess we know, unless we don't want to believe them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then...maybe Mike's ideas were so bad that they had to rework the songs so much :P

Maybe (for someone who doesn't like ATS) the songs were even more worse with JUST MIKEs ideas.

See, it's not so sure if he has the MOST Talent in the group when it comes to songwriting.

I remember that CHESTER was the one who told the guys to do music they love to make and not what everybody wants them to hear.

Edited by dwarf

• 2 weeks later...

I think Chester is the nicest too.

Completely disagree! Whilst Chester is hands down my favourite member, from meeting the band twice I have got to say that the band in order of friendlyness is as follows:

1. Joe

2. Mike

3. Dave

4. Rob

5. Chester

6. Brad

What do you guys think? I had good chats with Joe and Dave, and Mike is genuinely happy to meet fans at M&G while it seems like a drag for the rest. Rob is just a very quiet person but you can tell he's a loyal person. Chester and Brad kind of seem like they are over M&G but that may just be me?

@kurtis

Well, maybe you met Chester when he was in a bad mood?

I remember what i heard from many M&G that Chester cared the most about the fans. I also heard from a few ppl that mike was saying things that were really mean.

Ok, everybody has their good and bad times. But all in all i think Chester is the nicest. He always is so close to the fans, hugs them (even on the concert, when he is in the crowd) and all. Chester doesnt give a shit about the security guys. If a fan wants to get a hug from chester, he does so!! Mike always says no.

I have the feeling that while chester interacts the most with the fans (when it comes to real life, not the internet) the other guys are like "just dont have any body contact.."

I've met LP 4 different times, all 6 members in 2007, and Chester was by far the LEAST friendliest. Don't get me wrong, I love Chester and he is my favorite band member, but he definitely isn't very nice of a person. I think Mike and Joe were really cool, Rob was awesome too.

I've met LP 4 different times, all 6 members in 2007, and Chester was by far the LEAST friendliest. Don't get me wrong, I love Chester and he is my favorite band member, but he definitely isn't very nice of a person. I think Mike and Joe were really cool, Rob was awesome too.

I can not agree with that :/

I only met them once. But from all i heard and saw chester was always the nicest. And he is also very nice with KIDS. Helps thems, cuddles them...

(he was part of the "someone cares" project)

And mike often makes very bad jokes, which can be insulting to ppl.

I'd just like to say this:

To me it doesn't matter how good the band is, if they have a shit singer, I'm put off.

Exactly.

Thats why i think the singer is the most important. :P

Also when i listen to a song i mostly listen to the voice... of course i like good guitar sounds, bass and whatever (and lyrics)...but the most important thing to me are the vocals. thats what you hear in first line.

I completely disagree. Mike is the better songwriter and lyricist as well as being a more versatile instrumentalist. Just because Chester has a better voice, doesn't make him more talented.

We don't know the contributions of each member. Like you said, Mike is very upfront about what he does, unlike Brad (though he does a lot). We don't know who wrote which lyrics and it is not a fair comparison to say that Mike is a better lyricist. So I'm discounting lyrics as a part of my influence.

Talent is defined as a "natural aptitude or skill", therefore, Chester DOES have more talent. A talent to me, is something you inherited, not something you can acquire (Nature vs Nurture). Piano (and thus, other instrumental skills) is something you can acquire. I received a performers degree in Piano at the age of 16 (last year) and I do not consider myself to be 'extremely talented', just someone who acquired a neat skill out of practice and dedication.

Chester had a rough childhood and did not receive any musical training in comparison to Mike. I also consider charisma to be one of the most important talents a band can have. Chester shines when he's on stage and he adds a lot of character to the band. I truly believe that LP would not be where they are without his 'essence' in the band.

In short, Mike is a creative genius, but Chester has more (natural) talent.

Chester is way temperamental and is driven by his feelings/moods. If he's in an okay/good mood, he is really friendly (like this past tour).

We don't know the contributions of each member. Like you said, Mike is very upfront about what he does, unlike Brad (though he does a lot). We don't know who wrote which lyrics and it is not a fair comparison to say that Mike is a better lyricist. So I'm discounting lyrics as a part of my influence.

Just compare Fort Minor to Dead By Sunrise and it's pretty clear that Mike is the better lyricist.

Also, I guess I meant to say that Mike is more skillful, then.

Just compare Fort Minor to Dead By Sunrise and it's pretty clear that Mike is the better lyricist.

Also, I guess I meant to say that Mike is more skillful, then.

I actually didn't like the lyrics to TRT :P

EDIT: Congrats on the baby :)

Edited by jessiexo

• 2 weeks later...

Talent is defined as a "natural aptitude or skill", therefore, Chester DOES have more talent. A talent to me, is something you inherited, not something you can acquire (Nature vs Nurture). Piano (and thus, other instrumental skills) is something you can acquire. I received a performers degree in Piano at the age of 16 (last year) and I do not consider myself to be 'extremely talented', just someone who acquired a neat skill out of practice and dedication.

Chester had a rough childhood and did not receive any musical training in comparison to Mike. I also consider charisma to be one of the most important talents a band can have. Chester shines when he's on stage and he adds a lot of character to the band. I truly believe that LP would not be where they are without his 'essence' in the band.

In short, Mike is a creative genius, but Chester has more (natural) talent.

So true. Very well said.

ANYONE can learn how to play an instrument. But when it comes to the vocals: either you have an awesome voice or not!

Sure you can take singing lessons but if you do not have the predisposition for it, it won't work that much. If your voice is bad it won't get so much better from practicing.