Shinoda Speaks: LPU 8 CD

hahninator

This is very confusing it cud either mean two things

1. The EP won't have any demos or b-sides frm M2M tht didn't make the album.

2. The EP won't have any new demos or finished songs off the next album.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif omg! my prayers have been answered!! b-sides and demos, unique lpu 8 cd with awesome stuff, new live album (kinda looking foreward to it.), and an ep with b-sides of m2m! sweet! Linkin park has alot of success and the main reason is us, the fans! lets give ourselves an applause! *claps* {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Very relieved to hear that Chester is recovering well. I had been hoping for an update. Thanks!

The remaining MTM completed songs on the LPU8 would be fantastic. Still hoping for a studio or at least soundboard recording of Chester's collaborations during PR'08, doesn't have to be on the LPU8 - a download link on the LP website would be fine with me.

:D :D :D :D omg! my prayers have been answered!! b-sides and demos, unique lpu 8 cd with awesome stuff, new live album (kinda looking foreward to it.), and an ep with b-sides of m2m! sweet! Linkin park has alot of success and the main reason is us, the fans! lets give ourselves an applause! *claps* :D :D -->

Nobody ever talked of an ep with b-sides of Minutes to Midnight. We just hope some of those tracks will appear on LPU 8.

Awesome news,

Think of:

Live DVD/CD release Fall 2008

LPU 8 Winter 2008

Reanimation 2.0 Early 2009

New Album Late 2009

Sounds like and amazing year for LP fans, hopefully LPU 8 will be amazing.

And yes, i really do hope for a Reanimation 2.0

I think it will be only new songs, written only for the LPU 8.0 cd.

When would they have recorded them? The gap between PR08 and what would have been the Asia shows was the only real lengthy break they've had recently, and they almost certainly spent most of that time working on Road to Revolution stuff. They might have been able to crank out like, ONE new song for the LPU8 CD, but that's absolutely ridiculous to even suggest that it will be an LPU-exclusive EP of all new material.

It's not impossible, they wrote the lyrics to QWERTY on the plane to Japan. And we don't know how long they have planned this.

The longest they could have "planned" this was less than a year. Mike says right there in his blog that the LPU8 CD won't be all live tracks because they heard people saying that's not what they wanted - LPU8 is a response to the backlash from LPU7, so if they recorded new material for LPU8, they recorded it after LPU7 came out. From the time LPU7 was released, the only real time they could have done any significant studio work was as follows:

-December-January, which is doubtful because they took some time off for the holidays, plus they had rehearsals for Europe, and LPU7 had JUST come out anyway.

-March-May, again, doubtful because we know Chester did more work on DBS at this point, plus Mike was busy working on stuff for his art show.

-Late August-Early October, which is also doubtful because, as I said, they obviously had work to do on Road to Revolution.

-December-January, which is doubtful because they took some time off for the holidays, plus they had rehearsals for Europe, and LPU7 had JUST come out anyway.

-March-May, again, doubtful because we know Chester did more work on DBS at this point, plus Mike was busy working on stuff for his art show.

-Late August-Early October, which is also doubtful because, as I said, they obviously had work to do on Road to Revolution.

The second one might be it.

I think I remember reading some news that Mike said he went to the studio to write some stuffs something like that.

I also remember that Phoenix said they wrote some new material during that break.

But who knows.............

I hope DBS will be out soon then Chester can focus one new LP album ha.

The second one might be it.

I think I remember reading some news that Mike said he went to the studio to write some stuffs something like that.

I also remember that Phoenix said they wrote some new material during that break.

But who knows.............

I hope DBS will be out soon then Chester can focus one new LP album ha.

Mike said the LPU CD won't be new LP album material. Case closed.

This is awesome news!!! I was having a shitty day too, but this totally just made it way better. I can't wait for 8.0. My predictions are b-sides and remixes, maybe ONE live song. I feel relieved that the missing MK tracks won't be on the CD now. It's awesome how Mike posts stuff like this on his blog. Good news about Chester too, I hope he gets better quick.

It's not impossible, they wrote the lyrics to QWERTY on the plane to Japan. And we don't know how long they have planned this.

The longest they could have "planned" this was less than a year. Mike says right there in his blog that the LPU8 CD won't be all live tracks because they heard people saying that's not what they wanted - LPU8 is a response to the backlash from LPU7, so if they recorded new material for LPU8, they recorded it after LPU7 came out. From the time LPU7 was released, the only real time they could have done any significant studio work was as follows:

Not necessarily, they could have unrealeased stuff prior to LPU 07, and since they heard about all this backlash, they decided to bring it out.

No new album material could strictly mean no new material from the one they're working on right now, or it could mean, out of all their albums, no new material is going to be based off any of them possibly.

maybe some Xero stuff?

Not necessarily, they could have unrealeased stuff prior to LPU 07, and since they heard about all this backlash, they decided to bring it out.

No new album material could strictly mean no new material from the one they're working on right now, or it could mean, out of all their albums, no new material is going to be based off any of them possibly.

maybe some Xero stuff?

...I never said anything about old unreleased material. Unreleased stuff prior to LPU 7 =/= "an album of songs recorded exclusively for LPU," which is what the person I quoted was talking about.