Mike Gives Details Of "Not Alone"

hahninator

Mike gave a new interview to MTV.com today, which you can read here.

Some highlights:

"Shinoda plans to add more tracks in the upcoming days — each from a major act who donated their track in response to the January 12 earthquake."

"We had a demo [for 'Not Alone'] — the music was laid out, we had done the song a little while ago ... we just never used it because we never thought it was done," Shinoda remembered of the origins of their track. "[After the tragedy in Haiti], we listened to the demo again, essentially scrapped all the words, rewrote the words ... when you've got that idea and emotional charge in you and you put that in the lyrics, for me it does make better lyrics."

"There's an authenticity and a passion that you can hear in Chester's voice on this track; we literally wrote [the new lyrics] via e-mail, before he had flown out from Arizona to L.A. [to record them]," Shinoda said."

All I have to say is, Mike is a very talented guy and seems like he's in total boss mode right now. Very impressed with LP this week!

so now we know the origin about "not alone";) thats why i love LP!!! so can we call it b-side from MTM? cause they just changed the lyrics for haiti and the rest already excisted before, but only as a demo!! it's always nice get some songs, that have been demos before, maybe we have a chance to hear the original demo version of "not alone"!!!

:lol: Yay I guessed it right! They already had the demo and rewrote the lyrics. Well that was the best way out when the time was tight. It's great if the new album's sound goes in this direction

i hope the new record will be in an other direction!!! much better if it would go back to the old style :P

i hope the new record will be in an other direction!!! much better if it would go back to the old style :P

as we see the demo for Not Alone didn't fit the album so probably your dream will come true in some way , tho no turning back... one more song like that will do no harm :rolleyes:

I love this track, but i deffo don't want this to be the direction of the new album.

The track sounds like a description of what Chester said it sounds like in an interview long ago, were he described it as lots of electronic sounds and great beats. Im 50/50 this could be from the new sessions, however the LOATR remix by Mike sounds a pretty spot on description of what Chester said.

Again, things always change with LP, just food for thought.

Good that mike give us more datails of the song I´m helping like mike said, I think I can´t give money ´cause i dont have much, But I´ll do a video with the song to make people that can donate help haiti.

this is the link please visdit comment and rate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eutrb_0UVM

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Edited by jvsider