Questions about Music for Relief song "Not Alone"

Anality

1. I'm thinking it was recorded a few days ago, so most likely 2010.

2. I don't think it will appear on the new album. Mike said the band is trying to get music out quicker and in more ways for fans than ever before so it most likely is just a track dedicated to the relief effort for Haiti which is pretty amazing IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release it as a bonus track on the new album somewhere just to have it available on CD (assuming the Haiti compilation isn't released on CD at a later date), but it won't be part of the "standard" new album.

Still not sure when it was recorded. I'm kind of leaning towards it being an MTM b-side.

I wouldn't be surprised if they release it as a bonus track on the new album somewhere just to have it available on CD (assuming the Haiti compilation isn't released on CD at a later date), but it won't be part of the "standard" new album.

Still not sure when it was recorded. I'm kind of leaning towards it being an MTM b-side.

Any reason?

Musically, it sounds very much like a seed that would've come out of the MTM demos.

Plus, Mike just confirmed that it's an older demo with new lyrics.

well, he said, it was from a while ago; i think if it was from the MTM sessions, he would have said that it was.

and i think it matches the description of the newer stuff more than the MTM stuff; they said the newer songs are more keyboard/loop-based, with programmed drums, and instrumental breakdowns, rather than with vocals.

is "Not Alone" the song from the 8-bit game?

The band decided to finish the song after the earthquake happened. Mike told us the 8-bit game would have a new song before the earthquake happened, so no, it's not the song from the game.

The band decided to finish the song after the earthquake happened. Mike told us the 8-bit game would have a new song before the earthquake happened, so no, it's not the song from the game.

that's what I was thinking, cause for a minute I was like, "how'd they know the earthquake was gonna happen?"

Mike said that they "never used the song before because it never felt finished." If it was a demo from the new album, they wouldn't have had a chance to "use it" for anything yet. Brad also mentions in the LPTV episode that he's "remembering how the song goes" as he's listening to it, which would indicate that it's old enough that he had forgotten about it. I'm 99% sure it's an MTM demo.

all i know is that i like it

it doesn't really sound like minutes to midnight to me

it sounds like adore-era smashing pumpkins to me to be honest

edit: the guys confirmed it was a minutes to midnight song on loveline

Edited by leftshoe18