Meet Dead By Sunrise in London!

April

For the chance to win tickets and meet Dead By Sunrise before their gig at the HMV Forum in London on February 19th answer this simple question. What was the first single from the album ‘Out of Ashes’?

Send all answers to deadbysunrise@warnermusic.com and please provide your name and phone number.

Please only send your answer if you are able to attend the show!

y kno what? Fuck DBS. How the hell is Chester going to pass up the loyal fans (the LPU) for radio fans? Seriously? And by the email its run by warner so in short again warner is screwing the fans over. Correct me if im wrong

</2cents>

y kno what? Fuck DBS. How the hell is Chester going to pass up the loyal fans (the LPU) for radio fans? Seriously? And by the email its run by warner so in short again warner is screwing the fans over. Correct me if im wrong

</2cents>

I forgot that DBS was still like active...or whatever they are. I thought side projects moved on after a certain period of time...I thought Chester was working on the new LINKIN PARK record...

It's ridiculous how much of a joke Dead by Sunrise is becoming. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Out of Ashes even though I thought it wasn't anything special, but with the lack of advertisement, a site, lack of shows in the United States, and this desperate nonsense, Chester really should end this for the time being and try picking it up some other time. I was really excited about his side project ever since it was originally called Snow White Tan, but enough is enough.

It's ridiculous how much of a joke Dead by Sunrise is becoming. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Out of Ashes even though I thought it wasn't anything special, but with the lack of advertisement, a site, lack of shows in the United States, and this desperate nonsense, Chester really should end this for the time being and try picking it up some other time. I was really excited about his side project ever since it was originally called Snow White Tan, but enough is enough.

Likewise...Out Of Ashes is awesome and everything but they really need to get their band together or they should drop the project for a while.

Likewise...Out Of Ashes is awesome and everything but they really need to get their band together or they should drop the project for a while.

... and if everything worked really fine, you guys would complain anyways because, you know, "it works too well.. Oh shit son, Chester is quitting LP because DBS is going too well!!!" ^^

So what do you actually want? You would complain if the project worked too well (while being afraid that Chester is leaving the band or doing some more touring - and this would delay LP or stuff) AND you complain if things are going wrong because "the fans are screwed over." I seriously don't get you guys. What do you expect from the band? Do you want it to be successful (with having even more shows, M&Gs, singles, and any good promotion) or do you want it to go wrong so that Chester focuses on LP again?

It seems that band just can't satisfy you in any way and you are just complaining for the sake of complaining!

Edited by immortalsoul

I couldn't agree more, immortalsoul! I just can't understand you guys. On the one hand, everybody's always complaining that DBS is compared to LP, although it's two absolutely different bands, and then again you're complaining that LPU doesn't give away DBS M&G passes, ALTHOUGH it's obviously the LP fanclub and NOT the dbs fanclub. Just start to treat them like two DIFFERENT bands, because they ARE two different bands! And just think of what Chester, Ryan and co. always told: they never intended to become a band being as big and successful as Linkin Park, please get that!

Edited by Anna

... and if everything worked really fine, you guys would complain anyways because, you know, "it works too well.. Oh shit son, Chester is quitting LP because DBS is going too well!!!" ^^

So what do you actually want? You would complain if the project worked too well (while being afraid that Chester is leaving the band or doing some more touring - and this would delay LP or stuff) AND you complain if things are going wrong because "the fans are screwed over." I seriously don't get you guys. What do you expect from the band? Do you want it to be successful (with having even more shows, M&Gs, singles, and any good promotion) or do you want it to go wrong so that Chester focuses on LP again?

It seems that band just can't satisfy you in any way and you are just complaining for the sake of complaining!

yes Ppl would like Chester to just work with lp now so the album can come out soon but he's doing this tour first and some Ppl here are going they have got the right to complain about DBS cose there paying to see them and they have no meet and greats plus we don't no if were geting a support band or not DBS is all over the place even if u love the band u have to see this no promosion no nothin it's a mess and he needs to drop it and come back some other time when DBS gets there shit together.

That's where you get me wrong on all this. While two completely different side projects, Mike handled Fort Minor really well, having Us tours as well as touring to other countries, Tons of bonuses, Fort Minor Militia, and so on. I've never had any worry that Chester would leave Linkin Park, otherwise that tattoo on his back would be quite silly wouldn't it? Almost everything about the side project in my opinion hasn't really been handled to the best of it's overall ability, and while yes, I am complaining about it, I'm not gonna hold it against Chester. It's his own thing, it's his choice on wither or not doing the side project in the first place, and it gives the fans music to hold over until The new Linkin Park record holds on. The lack of promotion is definitely true though. I remember hearing Where'd you go on the radio at least 5 times within an hour on my then radio local station (v100) and I can honestly say I haven't heard any song by Dead by Sunrise once. It's a shame, and not Dead by Sunrise's fault at all. there's my two cents.

What the fuck? Seriously? what the fuck? Why the hell would anyone think that? Think for yourself not for others. I would have loved for DBS to be as sucessful as FM/LP. Chester has SAID LP comes first and always will. I doubt Chester would do anything like that so get that scenario out of there.

So what do you actually want? You would complain if the project worked too well (while being afraid that Chester is leaving the band or doing some more touring - and this would delay LP or stuff)

Again why the hell would anyway be mad if the band worked too well? It has been SHOWN that Chester still does things for LP. Ie; the lp.com video, RYAN SHUCK even said its not being delayed so wtf. I doubt DBs will continue on after March latest.

AND you complain if things are going wrong because "the fans are screwed over." I seriously don't get you guys. What do you expect from the band? Do you want it to be successful (with having even more shows, M&Gs, singles, and any good promotion) or do you want it to go wrong so that Chester focuses on LP again?

Well you know who the hell uses myspace anymore? Honestly? This band could have gone farther if their promotion went beyond a myspace website and bus seats in LA. Also i think now from thinking about it I (im speaking for myself) expected DBS to follow suit through what FM did. Mike gave back to the fans like shit. And when u compare them FM definitely was better then DBS ever was or maybe will be at this rate. You cant sit there and deny that DBS is professional the way they are running their camp.

Again, if you believe the band is being professional in any way then you my friend are easily impressed. The project is good in terms of music but to get the word out there and bases of action it's a flop. I would rather see a new JK album and a new LP album then for them to continue on.

What the fuck? Seriously? what the fuck? Why the hell would anyone think that? Think for yourself not for others. I would have loved for DBS to be as sucessful as FM/LP. Chester has SAID LP comes first and always will. I doubt Chester would do anything like that so get that scenario out of there.

Again why the hell would anyway be mad if the band worked too well? It has been SHOWN that Chester still does things for LP. Ie; the lp.com video, RYAN SHUCK even said its not being delayed so wtf. I doubt DBs will continue on after March latest.

Well you know who the hell uses myspace anymore? Honestly? This band could have gone farther if their promotion went beyond a myspace website and bus seats in LA. Also i think now from thinking about it I (im speaking for myself) expected DBS to follow suit through what FM did. Mike gave back to the fans like shit. And when u compare them FM definitely was better then DBS ever was or maybe will be at this rate. You cant sit there and deny that DBS is professional the way they are running their camp.

Again, if you believe the band is being professional in any way then you my friend are easily impressed. The project is good in terms of music but to get the word out there and bases of action it's a flop. I would rather see a new JK album and a new LP album then for them to continue on.

We have our winner!

Dude, you don't need to tell me - I know. I know that LP were not delayed about that and even I think that they will put the project to rest in like March for quite a while. But I was referring to some users who just complain about everything DBS - regardless if the band is successful or not. If the guys would be very successful, some people on here would still complain and be afraid about LP being neglected. If the guys aren't successful, some people would complain about that lack of success and how FM were much more successful. It seems as if some people here have something against DBS in general. I was not referring to you in person! AND what the fuck is wrong with me stating my opinion of how I feel about others? I've just gotten sick of everyone badmouthing DBS for every fart they do, and I have the right to express that, so no need to tell me to think for myself, seriously.

Why do people need to compare FM and DBS anyways? I never got it, and apparently never will. And IF you compare both projects, you also have to compare the time frame in which both albums were released! FM was released by a time where the economy obviously wasn't as fucked as it is now. The music business had not gone down the drain as it is now. So it's no surprise to me that promotion is worse today than it is some years ago because labels (especially major labels) have to heavily cut down their budget and almost only focus on the really successful bands where they know they are gonna make the big buck from. So why would one even expect DBS to follow suit to FM in those hard times? I believe a lot of you people on here have no idea what the fuck is going on in the music biz right now.

Come on dude... I'm not dumb. I know that many things in promotion could have been better, even though we are going through rough times nowadays. Of course it would have been cooler if they went beyond MySpace or Twitter promotion-wise... But instead of complaining about the lack of promotion that the label does, you, as a fan, could become ACTIVE yourelf and work off your ass to make up for this crappy promotion! It's the fans that the band relies on, and it's mostly the fans that are doing the promotion nowadays - not the labels. People complain way too much about how things are presented TO THEM, while wasting some important time that THEY could use to fucking get the word out about the band by themselves. Because if you LOVE a band, you should not put such a high importance on their label or stuff. Labels tend to disappoint way too much nowadays and often just don't have the means anymore as they had some years back (as I had stated above). So what you can do as a fan is to help out in the best possible way because you fucking want to help the band! Bands are mostly on their own today, so focus on the band, not on the people working for them in the background! ... You know how sad I was about the German fans always being neglected in terms of Julien-K promotion and street team stuff, even though we were promised stuff and encouraged to spread the word?? I was VERY dissatisfied about how things were going y that time... So I became active and founded a German support site and now I see how it all pays off and how we were REALLY able to make a difference in promotion by ourselves to make up for the actions of label/management etc. that could be considered "a flop."

Edited by immortalsoul