The Rosewood Fall - Discussion

Ashwhisker

This is on Left or Right (can't remember right now). It's one of my favourite songs.

The description I think is new, and reveals a bit as to why TRF ended. Something I've known for a while but is not my place to talk about. It's a powerful song.

Darn! I guess this is a problem with downloading a band's discography from the Internet and so many different sources having songs, etc. I didn't have it and it's not in my collection, but mine is pretty unorganized in iTunes. Along with Stereo Left and Right and the Demonstrate EP, I have the LPA demo folders on there but then a big mess of other stuff like "Sixty Seven One" which is just "God Bless" etc (completely unnecessary to have the same song twice in my iTunes, I know). I need to reorganize it ASAP so I make sure I have all of the songs and remove the duplicates.

Thanks for the heads up. The ending of the band is/was sad; their genre was very easy on the ears and straightforward, great rock, but it jams when it needs to. It's the same thing I guess that happened to Holly Brook and Styles Of Beyond. No offense to Machine Shop (and I'm sure there's a lot more behind it than what we know) but they had artists with GREAT talent signed but for some reason stuff wasn't being released. I think the Internet and its tools for independent bands in today's world for TRF would have been very efficient. I couldn't imagine a legit, debut record from them doing badly - the quality of their songs is very strong.

EDIT: Where on the tracklisting is it? I can't figure out where Mojave is, lol. Another possible scenario is that the copies of Left/Right that you have might have a different tracklisting?

The only things we're still searching for from TRF are these 2 CDs:

"5 Track demo (Energy: early demonstrate!)

1. The game you cant win

2. Bridges under water

3. (no title yet)

4. New york city blackout

5. New york city blackout (radio edit)

9 Track demo

1. Gage Park

2. Echoes

3. Last dance

4. Last lullaby

5. (no title yet)

6. (no title yet)

7. If your friend was drowning, you would help them, right?

8. A beginning to no ending (acoustic)

9. Omaha"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Where on the tracklisting is it? I can't figure out where Mojave is, lol. Another possible scenario is that the copies of Left/Right that you have might have a different tracklisting?

Ahh you see this is a tricksy hobbit of a song... if I remember right (I've not got the tracks on me atm and my copy of Left / Right don't seem to be sync'd to google music at the moment).

Cover of Left

- Notice track 13...

Page 2 of the notes on Left

- Notice track 13

The track has 3 names. Coming Home Soon, Mojave Desert, or just Mojave.

Yeah, Mojave/Coming Home Soon is in the archive. I remember the song pretty well.

I'll add Ben's new EP to the post as a separate link, but not to the archive for obvious reasons.

Are the links not working? I can rehost them if necessary through another website.

(Yes, I'm still here, sort of. Once in a while.)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies for the double post, but:

The Complete Rosewood Fall has been re-uploaded to a filesharing service that isn't utter shit (Dropbox), where it will stay for the foreseeable future. This is still V. 1.4; nothing of note has come out to warrant a redo of the archive, and I've been having problems with creating .zip files lately (cross-compatibility issues with OS X), so I didn't want to re-compile the archive for fear of uploading a useless file.

I think the archive is done for the time being. The individual albums won't be re-uploaded until I can be sure they'll work, unless someone else wants to do them.

Edited by gorast
link updated and is active as of 2021

• 4 years later...

Yikes, this was four years ago! Good times..

Necroing the thread to post an edited version of Picture of Faultlines. The small glitch in the second chorus had always bugged me, so I had a look at the original M4A file in Audacity, and it was just a small repeated section. So I removed it and exported the result as a WAV file, which can be found here.

Because it's been exported as a Lossless Audio file, hopefully that means converting down to mp3/m4a for phone/media player listening should be minimal in loss of quality (sounds alright on my end)...

For those that are still listening, enjoy!

Edited by bullettrain

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the edit, bullet. It bothered me for a long time too but I wasn't going to do anything about it lol.

I scrolled through this thread and it was fun to reminisce about putting this together. I also checked and made sure the download link still works, and it does. It's not a direct download link any more, either, just a folder in Dropbox, which is good.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Andros said:

Can't find the "Stereo Right/Left" album, any re-upload or something please?

Have fun :D

https://mega.nz/folder/AxwwGTSZ#Iu97RSCzMudpiqlpSoEXHA

I will try to upload the rest of their stuff since this link is dead:

On 5/31/2014 at 4:45 PM, gorast said:

The Complete Rosewood Fall has been re-uploaded to a filesharing service that isn't utter shit (Dropbox),

21 hours ago, Diaux said:

Have fun :D

https://mega.nz/folder/AxwwGTSZ#Iu97RSCzMudpiqlpSoEXHA

I will try to upload the rest of their stuff since this link is dead:

4 hours ago, Andros said:

Oh god! Thanks so much!!!! And can't wait for hear the rest

The proper full link is on page 2. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uwnl7kd1as8ggjq/The_Complete_Rosewood_Fall.zip?dl=0

That link will not go down, ever. I should probably just remove the link in the 2014 post.