The Rosewood Fall - Discussion

Ashwhisker

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might make another track listing up a bit later. I feel having "Game You Can't Win DEMO" as the start is a bit obvious and having 'Out Out' tacked on to Stereo: Left/Right feels wrong with it not being a part of the original track listing.

Game You Can't Win is the leading track because it's the first track of the Machine Shop Demos, which come before anything else. Admittedly, the tracklist for those demos isn't set in stone, so they can be swapped around.

I'm leaving Out Out where it is because it and Gage Park fit together to an extent - they were both tracks made for (or included on) compilations - the same compilation in two different years, no less.

In the end it's a good track-listing. I'm not fussed either way.

The only query I have is whether Out Out will get put on the end of Stereo:Right with it's cover and correct tags.

I don't mind it being on there, but I'd prefer it to be tagged as though it's on there, just like Tracks 98 and 99 of NIN's Broken EP or Track 13 of Hunters & Collectors' Juggernaut.

Thoughts?

What do you mean by "correct tags"? It's listed as track 20 of Stereo: Right, and has [bonus Track] in the song title, which is the usual practice for bonus tracks. It also has the cover art of the compilation it was originally released on, as does Gage Park.

Okay, I reviewed the version I have in iTunes with the the original package V1.0 and I think I know where the confusion is.

In the original package LPLive had (The_Complete_Rosewood_Fall.zip), you had Different cover art for Left and Right. I thought that as a single album, it should have a single cover, the one you gave Stereo Left. In that package you also left Out Out without Cover Art.

In my iTunes version (the non updated one), I also gave Gage Park the Stereo Left cover art as it was a part of the compilation, unlike Out Out. That was the reason I originally wanted Out Out as a part of the Demo Collection, as it wasn't a part of Stereo.

By correct tags, I would mean that if Out Out was put onto Stereo Left, it would have the track number of 20 (as has already been done) but given the same Cover Art as Stereo Right (Or Left depending on preference).

Do you understand what I mean, or have just made it that much more confusing? :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So is 1.5 going ahead? I'm cool with that tracklisting, I edited my own files to match, though I altered the track names in iTunes to reflect what certain demos became.

IE:

Where's Your Man (Below Your Window Demo)

All of the in Betweens (Come On And Rise Demo)

You Can't Stop Me (I, Flood Demo)

Hrm. I don't know about reuploading the archive to reflect the new track list for the demos, particularly since there are probably four or five people still keeping up with the archive. Plus, there'd be zero new content - that doesn't necessarily warrant an update to the archive.

So, the short answer is no, not for the time being. Feel free to do what you like with the track lists on your own, though.

That's a fair enough reason. What could be added to the archive to give it that next big push? A file containing lyrics for all the songs? What's something large the could warrant the update, (not that the archive really needs it atm)?

Usually I'd wait until new music or artwork popped up somewhere, but I highly doubt we're going to get either of those, because we already have full scans of Demonstrate and Stereo.

A complete set of lyrics would be an interesting project. If someone did it, I'd add it to the archive because that's a lot of work to go unrecognized for.

• 5 months later...

"I Flood" - Stereo - 48 kHz - LYRICS

"God Bless" - Stereo - 64kHz - LYRICS

"25 Years" - m4a - LYRICS

"Coming Home Soon" - m4a (Stereo Left track 13)

"Below Your Window - m4a (Stereo Right track 1)

"Come on and Rise" - m4a (Stereo Right track 2)

"Below Your Window (alt version) - m4a (Stereo Right track 12)

Thanks to Mark for providing us with "Coming Home Soon",

"Below Your Window", "Come on and Rise", and "Below Your Window (alt version)".

You might also like the Demonstrate EP cover (great quality) and the Stereo Left/Right Cover (poor quality)

Click here to download PDF, or view online version.

This PDF contains never-before-seen track listings for The Rosewood Fall's album Stereo Left/Right, as well as the meanings of the songs that the band wrote and included in the first 100 copies sold. Thanks to Jim Roach for his help in obtaining this information.

Can someone please re-upload all these tracks, covers and that PDF, please? all the links are expired.

The links are expired there too

They're all active, but the package link is to big so it says "This file exceeds your daily limit". Anyway you can download these, just click "to download":

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody! This is Ben, former lead singer of The Rosewood Fall. This is my first post on the forum and I'm here primarily because I was amazed to find that as recently as the end of December people were still talking about and looking for more material from my old band! That's absolutely awesome, and from perusing this post it seems like you guys have an even more complete archive of our old recordings than I do, which is pretty incredible.

For those completists out there, I thought you also might be interested to know that I just released my first post-Rosewood solo EP yesterday and I'm giving it away for free. It's pretty different from Rosewood...more singer-songwriter stuff, but if you're interested you can download it here.

Anyway, thanks for keeping interest in our band alive 8 years after we last played together. It's incredibly gratifying as a songwriter to know people were and are still into what you made! I may just go download some of the archive stuff you have all posted to play for my kids.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi everybody! This is Ben, former lead singer of The Rosewood Fall.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for posting. I'll definetly give the EP a listen tomorrow. Glad you like the archive, and I hope it brings back some good memories. I think we're missing very little (only thing I can think of is the edit of NYC blackout). After you letting us hear the live show too; it's a nice snapshot of a great band.

Thanks for the great music!

Hi everybody! This is Ben, former lead singer of The Rosewood Fall. This is my first post on the forum and I'm here primarily because I was amazed to find that as recently as the end of December people were still talking about and looking for more material from my old band! That's absolutely awesome, and from perusing this post it seems like you guys have an even more complete archive of our old recordings than I do, which is pretty incredible.

For those completists out there, I thought you also might be interested to know that I just released my first post-Rosewood solo EP yesterday and I'm giving it away for free. It's pretty different from Rosewood...more singer-songwriter stuff, but if you're interested you can download it here.

Anyway, thanks for keeping interest in our band alive 8 years after we last played together. It's incredibly gratifying as a songwriter to know people were and are still into what you made! I may just go download some of the archive stuff you have all posted to play for my kids.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi Ben! Welcome to the forum and thanks for registering, checking out the thread and sharing your new music. Personally I am a big fan of Rosewood Fall and have been listening to them on and off for a while. I'll be sure to check out your EP and email you and keep in touch. LP fans seem surprisingly more interested in TRF than you would think. The band has a very catchy, rock-driven sound that is easy on the ears but also jams when it needs to. When I first started dating my girlfriend a few years ago, she asked why I never played an instrument since I love music so much. I replied I just never took up the time to learn anything, but I played her 'Again', 'Bitter Pill', 'NYC Blackout', 'God Bless' and 'Below Your Window' and said if I WAS in a band, THIS was what I wanted it to sound like.

Thanks to Energy for covering TRF on LPFuse for years, which is what lead a lot of the LP community to the band.

Also, in case no one saw it, Ben posted an unreleased TRF song on Soundcloud called Mojave. https://soundcloud.com/thesbenjamin/rosewood-fall-mojave

The description for the song from his blog reads,

"One of the last songs recorded for Rosewood Fall was a short, tired song of defeat called “Mojave”. It was written, if memory serves, while I was still in college; before there was really a band, before there was a “record deal” (with no guarantee of an actual record, thus rendering it in reality more of an “indentured servitude deal”), before the cycle of write—>record—>submit—>wait for the dreaded “we don’t hear the hit yet” reply from the label—>repeat became a soul-destroying, joy-sucking reality that defined my whole life.

Recording “Mojave” was, in some senses, an admission of defeat in and of itself… A song that totally eschews the Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Bridge-Chorus-Chorus approach that we had attempted countless times over the previous 2 years while chasing radio-friendliness. Instead, a single stanza. 4 lines. No repeats.

The Mojave desert is bleeding tonight.

To weary to run, to wasted to fight.

Crossed out of Nevada, left nothing but ruin.

Baby, make up my bed, I’m coming home soon.

I knew that it would be seen as a throwaway by the ones we needed to impress in order to move our career forward. I didn’t care anymore. I think we’d all known for a while how it was going to end, anyway. None of us were going to get what we wanted, so we were simply waiting out the clock until we could go our separate ways.

By the time we finally committed this song to ones and zeros, it prescience was eerily apparent. I was nearing an end, bloodied and bruised, wandering around in the wilderness, beat up by two years of rejection and increasingly unhealthy ways of coping with the regular ego-batterings. I instinctively knew that I needed to go “home”, but I had long ago burned my maps, and with them any sense of where that might be. Hell, I didn’t even know what it looked like. What I did know, or thought I knew, was that there were really only two options for me: somehow find my way back to this elusive place of safety, or bleed out in the desert.

What I didn’t imagine was that these two options were not mutually exclusive."

And his new EP is here: http://www.noisetrade.com/sbenjamin/this-machine-sings-grace

Also, in case no one saw it, Ben posted an unreleased TRF song on Soundcloud called Mojave. https://soundcloud.com/thesbenjamin/rosewood-fall-mojave

And his new EP is here: http://www.noisetrade.com/sbenjamin/this-machine-sings-grace

This is on Left or Right (can't remember right now). It's one of my favourite songs.

The description I think is new, and reveals a bit as to why TRF ended. Something I've known for a while but is not my place to talk about. It's a powerful song.