05. Taylor Swift - Fearless

06. Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment

07. Ashley Tisdale - Guilty Pleasure

08. Britney Spears - Circus

09. Green Day - American Idiot

10. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Artist of the Decade

19: Linkin Park

With six cooks in their rock 'n' roll kitchen, you'd think that the members of Linkin Park would have difficulties forging ahead in the same creative direction. But the method to their multi-platinum madness, which has earned them five Top 5 albums on the Billboard 200 this decade, is to just go with the flow. "I find that over-planning a creative project usually means you're gonna screw it up," said Chester Bennington told us in 2009. "When a song comes, I'll write it. When a song comes to Mike [shinoda], he'll put [it] down. We just kind of roll with it spontaneously."

Best of 2000s: Billboard 200

11. Linkin Park - Hybrd Theory

36. Linkin Park - Meteora

43. Josh Groban - Closer (with a cover of My December on the limited edition)

154. Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight

Best of 2000s: Rock Songs

02. Linkin Park - In the End

13. Linkin Park - Faint

22. Linkin Park - Numb

33. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong

43. Linkin Park - One Step Closer

45. Linkin Park - Crawling

77. Linkin Park - What I've Done

84. Linkin Park - Breaking the Habit

Best of 2000s: Rock Song Artists

01. Linkin Park

Best of 2000s: Alternative Artists

01. Linkin Park

Best of 2000s: Alternative Songs

02. Linkin Park - In the End

08. Linkin Park - Faint

15. Linkin Park - Numb

24. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong

Hot Rock Songs (2009)

03. Linkin Park - New Divide

Top Soundtrack Albums (2009)

01. Twilight (with Leave Out All the Rest)

11. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (with New Divide)

Hot Digital Songs (2009)

42. Linkin Park - New Divide

Hot Alternative Songs (2009)

06. Linkin Park - New Divide

Canadian Hot 100 (2009)

51. Linkin Park - New Divide

Edited by ThePretender

it gets me so angry when albums by Britney Spears and people lyk here get this high and stuff lyk this, i mean they do nothing on the records apart from sing and when it comes to doing it live they cant even do that either! only real artists that bring up the songs from scratch should be allowed in these polls

With six cooks in their rock 'n' roll kitchen, you'd think that the members of Linkin Park would have difficulties forging ahead in the same creative direction. But the method to their multi-platinum madness, which has earned them five Top 5 albums on the Billboard 200 this decade, is to just go with the flow. "I find that over-planning a creative project usually means you're gonna screw it up," said Chester Bennington told us in 2009. "When a song comes, I'll write it. When a song comes to Mike [shinoda], he'll put [it] down. We just kind of roll with it spontaneously."

Can you tell me the source of these words, please?

American Idiot should've been replaced with Dookie. It's a shame Hybrid Theory is number 10 cuz that is one of the most musically diverse albums of the decade. How the hell Ashley Tisdale and Lady Gaga got up there is way beyond me. I especailly don't understand how Lady Gaga was placed in numbr 2. Adam Lambert is a great singer, but because he is gay and completely flaunts it he will never live up to the standards of Jon Bon Jovi or Muse (his fav band). It's a shame really because he's such a great singer. Besides Hybrid Theory, MJ, Green Day, and Adam, these albums kinda suck. Taylor Swift I'll give a 5/10.

With this decade fast coming to a close, everyone from sports journalists to movie critics to music know-it-alls are putting out these lists. Considering I have read some pretty prominent sites (AOL, MTV, SI, Billboard) I'm pretty astonished at some of the rankings, even for LP.

Adam Lambert, considering he JUST got on the scene should be nowhere near a top 10 list. Some of those lists I have read are just puzzling whether they are fan voted or placed by "professional critics."

I'm more than sure that those are kinda selling charts, which only counting how many albums been sold in the past.

The Albums of the Decade list was chosen by readers--apparently by a lot of readers that have a shitty taste in music :lol:

Edited by immortalsoul