DBS is NOT holding up LP

NoSunToday

really?! damn, this is news to me. when did he move? i remember only like 2 years ago there was an article on his stalker and it mentioned him living in orange county or something? this is hard to believe, lol.

just curious, can i see your source? i don't doubt it, i know that you of all people always back up what you say with facts or a reliable source.

edit: got the article, it does say he lives in orange county. so he must have moved recently, but damn that's surprising, lol.

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/n...5/ff_linkinpark

His wife mentions living in AZ on her Twitter page if your curious.

Regardless on if DBS is holding up LP... God forbid after around 10 YEARS of dedication to LP, Chester holds them up for a FEW MONTHS to do his own music vision for once. I don't remember anybody freaking out this bad when Mike did Fort Minor... The fans who honestly have to bitch about this piece of the puzzle do not deserve another LP record...

As for thinking that DBS not having some sort of website to formally announce stuff, and thinking its all about the radio, I believe they are VERY misinformed....

Regardless on if DBS is holding up LP... God forbid after around 10 YEARS of dedication to LP, Chester holds them up for a FEW MONTHS to do his own music vision for once. I don't remember anybody freaking out this bad when Mike did Fort Minor... The fans who honestly have to bitch about this piece of the puzzle do not deserve another LP record...

As for thinking that DBS not having some sort of website to formally announce stuff, and thinking its all about the radio, I believe they are VERY misinformed....

omg im about go off right now

First of all. The FEW MONTHS is DURING the time LP is SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING on the NEW RECORD. It's like Chester said to LP alright i know we are working on the new record but ima take a few months to do DBS. Which is cool but it slows LP down on the new album.

When MIKE did Fort Minor it was during a time period of HIATUS. Where side projects are usually supposed to happen. Thats why people werent freaking out then. Right now Chester should be (IMO and im sure a lot of people would agree) focusing on the new LP record. He should have done DBS during the downtime that was 05-06 like Mike was. Why he suddenly decided during the middle of the writing process which was ongoing since the bridge between the winter 08 - summer 08 tour is beyond me still.

But you know what GOD FORBID that we think Chester cant go do what he wants. Of course he can do what the hell he wants. He can go ahead and dump LP to make DBS full time. But you know what people will still have their opinions and say it was either the best or worst career choice of his life. But you know what GOD FORBID we say anything negative of Chester, or LP because that makes us automatically undeserving of a new LP album.

Get real. Seriously sounds like you were misinformed

omg im about go off right now

First of all. The FEW MONTHS is DURING the time LP is SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING on the NEW RECORD. It's like Chester said to LP alright i know we are working on the new record but ima take a few months to do DBS. Which is cool but it slows LP down on the new album.

When MIKE did Fort Minor it was during a time period of HIATUS. Where side projects are usually supposed to happen. Thats why people werent freaking out then. Right now Chester should be (IMO and im sure a lot of people would agree) focusing on the new LP record. He should have done DBS during the downtime that was 05-06 like Mike was. Why he suddenly decided during the middle of the writing process which was ongoing since the bridge between the winter 08 - summer 08 tour is beyond me still.

But you know what GOD FORBID that we think Chester cant go do what he wants. Of course he can do what the hell he wants. He can go ahead and dump LP to make DBS full time. But you know what people will still have their opinions and say it was either the best or worst career choice of his life. But you know what GOD FORBID we say anything negative of Chester, or LP because that makes us automatically undeserving of a new LP album.

Get real. Seriously sounds like you were misinformed

DBS has been in the making since 2005... you must be misinformed, because Chester put DBS on hold for LP and ultimately Minutes to Midnight... I'm not saying people can't have negative opinions about the band because I always do... However since he has devoted a whole decade to Linkin Park, anyone saying he can't do Dead By Sunrise for himself is simply selfish. There is no other truth... Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.

DBS has been in the making since 2005... you must be misinformed, because Chester put DBS on hold for LP and ultimately Minutes to Midnight... I'm not saying people can't have negative opinions about the band because I always do... However since he has devoted a whole decade to Linkin Park, anyone saying he can't do Dead By Sunrise for himself is simply selfish. There is no other truth... Sorry, but sometimes the truth hurts.

True, DBS has been in the making for quite some time, but Chester should realize LP should come before anything. James Hetfield said something about 5-6 years ago saying "side projects take away from the core of the band." I couldn't agree more. While I do think a side project like FM is OK, it was done in a time of hiatus and was definitlely a side project. DBS has become a full-fledged band where people like Ryan and Amir are even doing exclusive interviews... I thought this was supposed to be all about Chester?

He devoted a whole decade to LP because LP has been very good to him, personally, socially, and financially. You make it seem like LP owes something to him... hell it should be the opposite because LP gave him the opportunity. Why Chester feels he can't write more of his "personal music" inside LP remains to be seen, perhaps LP is less democratic than we think, but there is still no doubt that DBS has taken away something, even if its a small amount, from the LP camp the past six months. You just can't parade around as the lead singer of two bands, one being one of the biggest in the world, and saying you just couldn't fit your stuff in with what LP is doing.

Edited by Preston

True, DBS has been in the making for quite some time, but Chester should realize LP should come before anything. James Hetfield said something about 5-6 years ago saying "side projects take away from the core of the band." I couldn't agree more. While I do think a side project like FM is OK, it was done in a time of hiatus and was definitlely a side project. DBS has become a full-fledged band where people like Ryan and Amir are even doing exclusive interviews... I thought this was supposed to be all about Chester?

He devoted a whole decade to LP because LP has been very good to him, personally, socially, and financially. You make it seem like LP owes something to him... hell it should be the opposite because LP gave him the opportunity. Why Chester feels he can't write more of his "personal music" inside LP remains to be seen, perhaps LP is less democratic than we think, but there is still no doubt that DBS has taken away something, even if its a small amount, from the LP camp the past six months. You just can't parade around as the lead singer of two bands, one being one of the biggest in the world, and saying you just couldn't fit your stuff in with what LP is doing.

That's exactly it though... Why should LP come first? Because some of us fans believe so? Because it was around first? Seriously... He was the only member not apart of the original dynamic seed of Linkin Park.. and most of us who heard the Xero demo have realized that Linkin Park could not have been Linkin Park without Chester. Linkin Park is a six man outfit where they all work together to make it what it is... Chester should not owe LP anything, and LP shouldn't owe him anything. Obviously his band members in LP don't seem to mind that he's doing DBS, in fact, from what has been said... they seem to embrace it.

If he doesn't want the DBS music in LP, there is probably a reason for that... besides, a majority of LP's creative direction is dictated by Mike it would seem... It's his fucking music, why shouldn't he do what he wants with it?

I just honestly can't understand why people are giving a man a hard time for making the music he wants to make, and doing it the way he wants to do it... some of you are honestly no better than the record companies we condemn, and some of you are even more selfish.

(This is a broad statement not directed at anyone in particular)

I'm sorry but that's how it is, and your blind ambition to get another LP record as quick as possible would seem to cloud your better judgement.

(This is a broad statement not directed at anyone in particular)

Besides... We all know that the fans with no inside knowledge of how things really work inside LP's camp would know far more about it than the guy who recently toured with Chester. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cyro

DBS is fucking awesome but it should be done with by now. What I don't understand is why the record wasn't released in 2005/2006 during the hiatus or why it was released in fucking October of this year. It could have came out in January/February/March/April of 2009 before New Divide came out and LP went on the Summer tour. Fuck, it even could have just came out in September. October 13th was really late if you ask me.

Edited by Geki

I don't really have a problem with DBS. The only problem that exists is the lack of promotion for DBS, as others have alluded to. I've watched several college football and NFL games on ESPN. They have played "Fire" and CBI, but don't give credit to where they got it.

If this were just for funsies, why not then have just released the music for free or something?

I don't really have a problem with DBS. The only problem that exists is the lack of promotion for DBS, as others have alluded to. I've watched several college football and NFL games on ESPN. They have played "Fire" and CBI, but don't give credit to where they got it.

If this were just for funsies, why not then have just released the music for free or something?

To Quote EXECUTIVE PRODUCER Tom Whalley

"Thats not profitable"

• 4 weeks later...

1. Ryan must be oblivious to what it feels like as a fan of the band. I could reply to him but I'd like to remain on good terms, lol. He is absolutely incorrect.

2. Not holding up LP? I don't understand how it COULDN'T be fucking holding up Linkin Park when Chester can't go into the god damn studio because he's halfway across the fucking world in GERMANY. /rant

3. Julien-K boards have a LOT of weird ass people. Lots of LP-haters, lots of diehard JK fans that think LP fans are crazy, etc. Very easy to get wrapped up in a battle with them.

4. Ryan has replied to me on numerous occassions on the JKMB. Best time ever? When Julien-K fans accused Chester of being a shitty singer and talentless, so we called in 10 LP fans and had a 10 page global meltdown, calling Ryan bullshit, calling Chester bullshit, calling everyone bullshit, going OFF at each other. Then Ryan posted: "lol, you guys are so funny. Chester and I are sitting here reading this thread and laughing our asses off." WIN. Anyway, Ryan and Amir are really helpful on the boards & Amir especially on Twitter.

I was actually on the frontline in that convo. I love JK, but most, if not all, are pricks on the message board. Its still a cool community on there, but bah

DBS is fucking awesome but it should be done with by now. What I don't understand is why the record wasn't released in 2005/2006 during the hiatus or why it was released in fucking October of this year. It could have came out in January/February/March/April of 2009 before New Divide came out and LP went on the Summer tour. Fuck, it even could have just came out in September. October 13th was really late if you ask me.

I agree completely

Im pretty sure I posted in this earlier, were did I go ? Lol

Anyways, I was the one that started that convo ! Longtime JK forum guy, but they just pick apart Chester every time his name would be mentioned, there was no need for it.

Felt like a Civil war for me between JK and LP, but most of them were assholes on there.

Ok first, he's not in the studio only when he's needed. Watch the Minutes To Midnight DVD. If you remember, each member took home a hard drive where they could make "seeds". Everyone made a lot of seeds and then it was all voted upon. I have a hard time believing that Chester, a guy that plays regular guitar, acoustic guitar, and piano, wrote no seeds. Next, you can SEE him in the studio when other people are working on songs. There's a TON of reasons why Chester would be in the studio, but just because you saw on the Minutes To Midnight DVD where he left after doing vocals for No More Sorrow doesn't mean he's NEVER in the studio unless he's doing vocal parts. Wrong wrong wrong. Even on the Meteora DVD you saw he's in there just as much as the others.

Next, your ENTIRE LPU 9 CD argument is flawed completely. Chester was only on 3 of 9 demos? Correct, Chester was only on the 3 demos they CHOSE. Like Mike said, demos change life throughout the entire album writing process. Also a quote he said that could be applied here is how he made a point about rapping being on the next album. There could be 100 demos and rapping is on 10 and if those 10 get chosen, that's what we hear. On the LPU 9 CD, Chester most certainly recorded more parts than we hear. I'm SURE there are Faint demos out there where he's screaming/singing. We have a Figure.09 demo of almost entirely Chester and we have a Faint demo of almost entirely Mike. You could go on for days about this. It's simply the fact that what they chose had no Chester. Chester sang on The Little Things Give You Away, he sang on No Roads Left, etc, we just didn't get those demos.

Of course Hybrid Theory was mostly made by the other guys LOL, Chester came in VERY late. However, I'm sure he helped out on a good portion of stuff as well as stuff like And One, etc. Chester isn't some robot that Mike flips the switch on and says SING HERE or something.

Lastly, I don't think there is any way for us to measure how many non-vocal contributions he's made. Maybe he made a lot and the demos got cut, maybe not. Maybe he made a lot on existing songs and they were changed, maybe not. Who really knows besides the band? We do know, yeah, that he did the Somewhere I Belong acoustic guitar intro that was reversed and we do know the Shadow Of The Day piano part. We learned about the Shadow thing like...literally less than a few months ago. Who knows what else he did on Hybrid Theory, Meteora or Minutes To Midnight that we don't know about. He could've written the bridge piano on Valentine's Day or something, we really just don't know so therefore I don't think it's appropriate to measure it.

A third of lyrics? I find that interesting because in the Meteora and Minutes To Midnight DVD he sure makes it seem like he writes a LOT more than just a third. Maybe half? Not really sure because I don't know more about the band writing music. Your last few sentences make me think you're somehow biased against the guy. He does a lot of writing I'm sure. The others write the instrumentals and he helps and then he comes in and does vocals. The whole thing you said about 5 members could write an album and call him in at the end to do vocals and noone would know the difference - you almost could apply that to any member of the band with an exception of Mike

Im Agree... completly

But, i wanna say that, Side projects are bad for the bands because they make breaks in the bands...because whos make this side projects, makes a difference with the others members, like a have a side project because im most important like you...

Mike choose the perfect moment to make a side project, chester dont...

Mike use the strong of Collision Course the keep the work and grow with the side project...in that moment LP have 2 years without a Studio Album, since Meteora, and have 2 more years without album to MTM...

In 2009 around September we know that LP was working in a new album with a release in 2010, well my question is Why LP have the rush to release an other album in that short time ? and why if chester know that release his fucking DBS album ???

Two wrongs choices !!!! in this moment the best thing is that LP wait to late this year, and chester finish the fucking promo of his fucking band... i love DBS but i feel that was a selfish movement the release of OOA in october 13 because if the band that make you one of the best singers in world, and full your pockets of money and the most important give you the chance to be a important person in the music world, you have to respect this band and your side projects have to wait a little bit more...

Please, LP have to wait, because if the two projects (new LP Album and DBS tours) works in parallel we have all problems ... because surely many people will say that the new album of lp is good because chester do not participate or is bad because chester do not participate ...

Therefore I think that LP has to wait until the DBS project comes to an end...

sorry for my bad english...

Edited by maik_gianino

With how much Chester actually contributes to the band, I think it's probably more than some people think. I mean, he definitely had to have been the writer, or at least have written the lyrics, of Valentine's Day and In Pieces. And I think on the MTM DVD there's a clip of him with a rough draft of Leave Out All the Rest. And we've seen him with an acoustic guitar quite a few times. Regardless, with the issue of DBS holding up LP, who really knows besides LP themselves? I'd like to take Ryan's word. Couldn't they just update Chester while he's touring with info on how a song is coming together or rough drafts of lyrics? Couldn't Chester simply record himself singing and send that over to the band? It could just be like him sending over a video or sound recording from his phone to them, and just see what they think. He could be sending over his own ideas. Either way, I don't think there's any real way of telling. I do think Chester should be completely focused on LP right now, but he wanted to do his own thing that he's been planning for what, 5 years? Morning After was written in like, 2001 or probably even earlier. The timing is very off, but maybe this truly was the only time he would be able to get the project off the ground. One thing I really don't like though is how DBS has truly become a full-fledged band instead of just a side-project like it was originally intended to be. If the promotion stays as it is, then I don't see much of a future for DBS outside of the LP/JK community.

With how much Chester actually contributes to the band, I think it's probably more than some people think. I mean, he definitely had to have been the writer, or at least have written the lyrics, of Valentine's Day and In Pieces. And I think on the MTM DVD there's a clip of him with a rough draft of Leave Out All the Rest. And we've seen him with an acoustic guitar quite a few times. Regardless, with the issue of DBS holding up LP, who really knows besides LP themselves? I'd like to take Ryan's word. Couldn't they just update Chester while he's touring with info on how a song is coming together or rough drafts of lyrics? Couldn't Chester simply record himself singing and send that over to the band? It could just be like him sending over a video or sound recording from his phone to them, and just see what they think. He could be sending over his own ideas. Either way, I don't think there's any real way of telling. I do think Chester should be completely focused on LP right now, but he wanted to do his own thing that he's been planning for what, 5 years? Morning After was written in like, 2001 or probably even earlier. The timing is very off, but maybe this truly was the only time he would be able to get the project off the ground. One thing I really don't like though is how DBS has truly become a full-fledged band instead of just a side-project like it was originally intended to be. If the promotion stays as it is, then I don't see much of a future for DBS outside of the LP/JK community.

Seconded