One-Hit Wonders of the 2000s

ThePretender

19 Fort Minor feat. Holly Brook

WHERE'D YOU GO

It's a good thing Mike Shinoda has Linkin Park to fall back on. Fort Minor, his musical side project, started big, reaching No. 2 with "Where'd You Go" in June 2006. Fans have been asking the same question since then; the band's next biggest hit, "Remember the Name," peaked at No. 66. three months later.

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/one-hi...004051219.story

Well when you only release one album, being a "one-hit wonder" really isn't a bad thing.

Also, they really need to get their facts straight...Where'd You Go was far from "starting off big," it was actually the 3rd of 4 singles released from the album, almost 5 months after it came out. Where'd You Go peaked at #4, not #2. Remember the Name peaked at #48, not #66.

fort minor is mo one hit wonder, a one hit wonder is when a band/ artist gets one track to chart high and the rest are all forgotten. Its a side project for one and RTN was widely used at sporting events.

Real one hit wonder would be a song like Baha Men — "Who Let the Dogs Out?" and Alien Ant Farm Smooth Criminal

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How is it falling back on Linkin Park when he has always said that Linkin Park is the more important of the two projects?

Wouldn't that make Fort Minor a project to fall back on if all else fails?

Also; Remember the Name and Petrified are quite well known tracks (at least here). I can't tell you how many terrible trance remixes I have heard in the past few years...

• 3 months later...

Fort Minor is not a One Hit Wonder. RTN and Where'd You Go are widely known. I don't think they know what they are talking about

Agreed.

I know people who have heard RTN numerous times and actually know it,

The song came on in the car while i was driving some girls home ( ;) ) and there full like "LEAVE IT LEAVE IT, I REMEMBER THIS SONG, ITS AWESOME"

On another note

Chicks that dig FM are keepers haha

Lol Disturbed' Down With The Sickness was definitely a one hit wonder, it was not until Ten Thousand Fists that they received world-wide recognition, Believe was a success in the States, but it wasn't like the biggest thing since Korn so to speak.

Lol Disturbed' Down With The Sickness was definitely a one hit wonder, it was not until Ten Thousand Fists that they received world-wide recognition, Believe was a success in the States, but it wasn't like the biggest thing since Korn so to speak.

Yeah... I don't know what makes you think that. Stupify, Liberate, and Prayer were all big hits. In fact, Prayer was one of their highest charting songs. It hit the 50s on the Hot 100 and like #3 on rock tracks.

"I get knocked down! But I get up again!" Chumbawamba was tight.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

Disturbed isn't a one hit wonder, that's for sure. Even if they had a hit track 20 years later after their first hit, that automatically takes them off the one hit wonder list.

Most one hit wonders come from the hip-hop scene. Some artists that I remember having one hit wonders...

Eiffel 65, AFI, Alien Ant Farm, Baha Men, Danity Kane, Amy Winehouse, Big Tymerz, Cascada, Crazy Town, Dirty Vegas, James Blunt, P.O.D

Probably missing a shitload.

How is P.O.D a one-hit wonder? Alive, Southtown, Boom, Satellite, Youth of the Nation, Rock the Party?

AFI is also not a one-hit wonder, girls not grey, miss murder, and silver and cold all charted well.

You are right! For P.O.D, I only remembered Youth of the Nation. And for AFI, I only remembered GNG.

• 2 weeks later...

Smile Empty Soul - "Bottom Of A Bottle"

Cold - "Stupid Girl"

The Hives - "Hate To Say I Told You So"

Default - "Wasting My Time"

LOVED that Smile Empty Soul song back in the day...never heard any of their other stuff though, you're right! god, middle school was a weirdddd time haha.

Smile Empty Soul - "Bottom Of A Bottle"

Cold - "Stupid Girl"

The Hives - "Hate To Say I Told You So"

Default - "Wasting My Time"

I remember Silhouettes and Nowhere Kids getting a fair amount of airplay on Fuse from the Smile Empty Soul CD...they totally disappeared after one album though.

Walk Idiot Walk was a pretty big hit for The Hives too.

Disturbed isn't a one hit wonder, that's for sure. Even if they had a hit track 20 years later after their first hit, that automatically takes them off the one hit wonder list.

Most one hit wonders come from the hip-hop scene. Some artists that I remember having one hit wonders...

Eiffel 65, AFI, Alien Ant Farm, Baha Men, Danity Kane, Amy Winehouse, Big Tymerz, Cascada, Crazy Town, Dirty Vegas, James Blunt, P.O.D

Probably missing a shitload.

It's really sad that Crazy Town was a one-hit wonder, because all of their other songs are amazing, and they had so much potential.

EDIT: And their song Drowning charted at #24 on the Billboard charts in '02. Does that make them not a one-hit wonder?

Edited by Spaghetti

• 1 year later...

It's hard to think of some

Tatu- All The Things She Said

Uncle Kracker- Follow Me

O-Zone- Dragostea Din Tei

Afroman- Because I Got High

Stacie Orrico- There's Gotta Be More To Life

So Solid Crew- 21 Seconds

Daniel Powter- Bad Day

Flobots- Handlebars

Asher Roth- I Love College