Linkin Park Cancels October 6th Show In Vegas

SouthernGirlAM

Straight from http://www.linkinpark.com -

"Los Angeles, CA (October 6, 2008) - Linkin Park has been forced to cancel tonight's concert at the The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel, as lead vocalist Chester Bennington has sustained a back injury and is under doctor's orders to rest. Linkin Park sincerely regrets this unavoidable cancellation and apologizes to fans for any disappointment caused."

Further comment from Mike's Blog:

"FROM MIKE: We're bummed...Chester hurt his back, and is in quite a bit of pain. Please think good thoughts for our friend."

At this time, it is unknown if LP will make up this show or any other details concerning Chester's injury. As soon as more information is made available, we will pass that along.

-Thanks alexlp for the heads up on this.

He should be kept in a plastic bubble, stored in a safe place when not playing shows lol.

chester in a bubble

but how he hurts his back :o

"Chester in a Bubble" would make a good tv show

hope he is doing fine and it isn't anything serious

This is crazy! I wonder if they will make this show up after Asia, or even if LP will perform all the Asian shows.

Poor LP, lol. Chester gets sick on the US winter tour, Brad gets sick on the European summer tour, Chester gets his back hurt for the last run of shows of MTM. Wow.

Fly the winner to Asia? lolol.

No excuse for LP to not make Chester sit in a chair on stage and do an all acoustic setlist. Possibly throw in a few regular versions like Shadow and have Kurt do Chester's part. BTH piano, PMA piano, HHH piano, WID acoustic, SOTD, PMA acoustic, ITE acoustic, Crawling acoustic, My December piano, and figure out the acoustic versions to a good number of other songs. Cover a song. Show Me full piano version. Figure something out. In Between. Little Things can be done. Grab a guest friend from another band that's chilling in LA and have them come help. Better reason to switch things up.

Phoenix said it's possible to do it now with all their slow songs that have the capability to be done acoustically.

Do it {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

No excuse for LP to not make Chester sit in a chair on stage and do an all acoustic setlist. Possibly throw in a few regular versions like Shadow and have Kurt do Chester's part. BTH piano, PMA piano, HHH piano, WID acoustic, SOTD, PMA acoustic, ITE acoustic, Crawling acoustic, My December piano, and figure out the acoustic versions to a good number of other songs. Cover a song. Show Me full piano version. Figure something out. In Between. Little Things can be done. Grab a guest friend from another band that's chilling in LA and have them come help. Better reason to switch things up.

Phoenix said it's possible to do it now with all their slow songs that have the capability to be done acoustically.

Do it :D

I already thought about the same... I mean he's alive and I think he can leave his bed. So why shouldn't they do an acoustic session?

They have enough songs for an acoustic show... It wouldn't be too difficult for them to arrange a small set in a day.

Depending on what his injury is, he could very well be on bed rest. Back injuries are among the most painful and debilitating. Last time my mom hurt her back, she couldn't do anything for like a week except lay in bed and take massive amounts of pain killers.

Depending on what his injury is, he could very well be on bed rest. Back injuries are among the most painful and debilitating. Last time my mom hurt her back, she couldn't do anything for like a week except lay in bed and take massive amounts of pain killers.

Knowing Chester he wouldn't just sit in the chair. ;) Back injuries are very bad, I know when I seriously hurt my back a few years ago I could barely walk and sitting in a chair was murder. Heck even lying down hurt unless I was taking mega pain killers. Hope he gets better soon and follows doctors orders.

STRAIGHT FROM MIKE SHINODA'S BLOG:

HELP US NAME THE DVD!

Hey everyone. I'm happy to announce that we are putting together a new live CD/DVD for you guys! We recorded the show at Milton Keynes (Projekt Rev, UK), and we will be releasing it in a DVD/CD combo pack as soon as we can get it done.

However, we're having trouble naming the album...so we want you to name it!

Please help out by spreading the word. We want as many fans as possible to go to THIS THREAD on the linkinpark.com message boards, and pitch in on the discussion. After we get some titles we like, we'll put them up for everyone to vote on.

Please help us name the new live CD/DVD!

-mike and LP

http://forums.linkinpark.com/showthread.ph...8488#post448488

Lol guys all u care bout is the show, how bout the fact that he is in pain? Trust me when I say back injuries are hell, i had to have surgery for scoliosis. So quit complainin, they will prob make up the show and anyway next week the asia tour begins. U guys can wait another week im sure.

Lol guys all u care bout is the show, how bout the fact that he is in pain? Trust me when I say back injuries are hell, i had to have surgery for scoliosis. So quit complainin, they will prob make up the show and anyway next week the asia tour begins. U guys can wait another week im sure.

Making up shows takes LP usually years, if they do. Well in this case they'll do it shortly I guess.